• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | 14/02/06

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
No, Flamini didn't have a man. Watch it again.

I'm a fan of the guy, but it was his **** up. He turns round to Hleb as if to say 'where were you?'

But then he isn't a LB.

Ah, nicely put AFCFan :D

Captain

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
WTF are you talking about...it was NOT a corner, did you even see it??? It came off an interception (from a weak clearance by Cesc nontheless), Hamman took a shot, and Garcia was left wide open at the back post because the LB was busy standing in the middle of the box gawking at the shot and not paying attention. Flamini wasn't marking anyone, Hleb released Garcia because he though Flamini would be there...which he wasn't.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For a minute there I thought I must have been alot more pissed than I thought I was!!

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Highly Fabregas said:
Ok not a corner but Hleb had Garcia but just lost him.

Have you rewatched it yet? No?

I'd take a screengrab but I can't be bothered.

Flamini's in nomans land, it's his job as LB to track Garcia, doesn't, stands and watches as Senderos chases Garcia down then looks back to Hleb as if to say 'where were you?' MISCOMMUNICATION. But to say Hleb lost the game is bollocks.

A

Anonymous

one of my best mates was at the game and he watched Gerrard and Hnery closely. When we didnt have the ball or things were not going our way Henry just walked around with his hands on his hips not really caring. Gerrard was like an engine, screaming at players and trying to make stuff happen. Thats a fcuking captain!!!!

OneProudGooner

Established Member
charliespeed said:
one of my best mates was at the game and he watched Gerrard and Hnery closely. When we didnt have the ball or things were not going our way Henry just walked around with his hands on his hips not really caring. Gerrard was like an engine, screaming at players and trying to make stuff happen. Thats a fcuking captain!!!!

The difference between a midfielder and a striker as a captain..

adjie

vin de guerre said:
some of you really love to bash Gilberto. he did not have a bad game. He actually executed a couple of long range passes. Pires was less than anonymous whilst Ljundberg tried but he was lacking. In general our midfield was weak and overall Silva faired best. Back four as a unit were Ok but Phil is a liability at best. Attack: Henry was on a off day (surprise) and Adi was trying. MOM mad Jens!

Agree with De Guerre. Please see the game replay.
Bert did produce some long passes and couple of crucial midfield
intervention. Same happened to Cesc. Narrow margin for Cesc cause
he also display some creative flick.
Both were NOT world-class performance.
But I believe somewhere between 5.5-6.5 is sufficient for them to grab.

While for defender the lowest is for Senderos, 4 - 5.
I expect MK5 to kick his ass in the training.
Toure was OK, again but not his best performance, since I've
noticed him lost the pace little bit. Jetlag ? 7 is the number for him.

Full Back ? We used to see Cole, Sylvinho, Gio and Winterburn.
Of course we can't compare Flam with them.
I believe his fighting spirit will give him 5.5 - 6 for last night game.
For Eboue, 6-6.5 is sufficient. Especially he did produce some run
on the flank that we were not see frequently last night.

I don't want to rate Bob and Freddie. But perhaps if Fred was not
given offside decision and fire it behind Dudek, we still can smile
to him. For Bob...err...where are those days, eh ?
The only chance for your salvation Bob, by scoring goals
as many as you can into Robinson net next.

FW ? Oh Wenger, can you substitute Titi if he stays like that ?

About Mad Jens. He gave me a lot of joy when he stop Gerrard's kick.
Awesome and commanding performance. Pressure from Kahn
and German media is really good for us. Armband, please ?

adjie

Captain said:
what about ade?

You're right Captain, sorry Ade.
To me he deserved 6. He tried few moves and run, but you know,
it's hard enough to adapt to a new team, yet he had to learn what
his Captain wants from him. Seems that everything he did was wrong.

mistaz23

Lehman 9: Unbelieveable beetween the sticks. Made plenty of world class saves and saved us from an embarrassing score line as well...

Eboue 6: Did well going forward in the first half. Had a decent game with some neat touches but was out of position numerous times.

Toure 7: Boy did we miss him. His passion was second to Lehmans only. He even had a decent scoring opportunity with a fine effort headed just wide. It looked like he was crying when they scored which enhanced my admiration for the lad.

Senderos 6: He pissed me off with all of those massive clearences when he had better options but played better than usual. Almost scored an own goal though...

Flamini 5: Great effort but was caught out of position a bunch of times and Gerrard ate him for lunch...

Ljundberg 4: Get rid of him. Hleb should've been playing instead of this fool. All work but nothing to show for it except for a dirty jersey...he is past it man...

Cesc 6: Good first half with some nice passing but looked his age during the second half. His weak clearence led to their goal...

Gilberto 0: Seriousley man i dont remember one significant thing he did except for a headed pass to Cesc in midfield. I would bet my money that he completed more passes to the opposition than to his own teammates. And TWO of those times they almost scored on a counter attack. Diaby shouldve played instead of him... He isnt an invisible wall, hes just invisible period... Touch of an Elephant as well...

Pires 4: What an incosistent ****. He decieved all of us including Wenger with his performance against Bolton. He was almost as invisible as Gilberto except for the neat passes he exchanged with his defence that got us nowhere fast. We miss Reyes already...

Adebayor 7: I thought he did really well considering the service he was recieving from our so called "midfielders". His touch was excellent, he held the ball up and almost scored a beauty had it not been for the linesman's incompetence! Had some good dribbling moves too which reminded me alot of KANU...

Henry 4: This ****ing asshole man... I think his touch was actually worse than Gilberto's this game. Lost the ball alot, never made any runs except for 2. One of them his touch let him down again when he wouldve usually scored... Put in no effort except for one time when he ran really hard to recover a ball he lost. It looks like he already has one foot in Catalonia...

tgr

lehmann 10 everywhere in the screen
eboue 5 decent
toure 6
senderos 1 unhappy birthday
flamini 4 struggled LB
ljungberg 4
gilberto 0 was he playing
cesc 6 one cesc was not enough
pires 2 form off again
adebayor 5 fighting but not good enough
henry 2 lost
hleb 6 what a pity he didnt start

wenger 2 he was right in the back 4 selection imo but
gilberto-cesc didnt work maybe he should start diaby instead one of the two or start the trio or at least make a sub.
and pires-ljungberg was off form. hleb should start.

Lehmann1

Lehmann - 9 Deserved to be on the winning side. Superb display.Lehmann's passion and comitment is superb. Give him the armband.MOTM

Eboue- 3 Poor display.

Toure-6 Overall didn't make many mistakes

Senderos-4 Looks uncomfortable all the time

Flamini- 4 Ball watching too often.

Pires- 1 vertually none existant. Lazy and ****

Gilberto- 1 was weak. Passing poor. Bloody crap

Fabregas- 4 average. I remember 1 good tackle. Passing was poor

Ljungberg-2 Nothing is working that he tries. Dissapointing (again)

Adebayor-6 He tried. Some good knock downs Henry wasn't interested though. I am impressed with his coolness on the ball. Fair play

Henry-1 Awful. Looked uninterested. Very poor.

Hleb n/a not really much to say

Wenger- 4 Djourou has been playing well yet is dropped. Diaby has been playing well yet has been dropped. Wrong team selection Arsène

GuNNerZ4LiFe

Lehman-9 MOM
Toure-7
Eboue-6

Everyone else gets a freakin 1 because they were ABSOLUTE CRAP!!!!!! OWNED BY LIVERPOOL who freakin deserved the win.......

Chips&CurrySauce

What a pants performance.. Only a few players did well in my opinion.. Lehmann obviously was top class and is finally getting the praise he has deserved for a long while.. Eboue impressed me, especially in the first half, but as the match wore on he seemes to lose his confidence, probably playing behind Ljunberg has that effect on you..

I actually thought Cesc had a good game, we are a one man midfield, and he is the only player in there that can retain possession.. Unfortunately he is let down every game by the mediocrity of Freddie, Pires and Gilberto..

Adebayor I thought did quite well, showed some great sublime skills, but he was totally isolated.. Henry was just a passenger..

Everyone else was poor.. Senderos is just abysmal, he tries hard but he is a disaster waiting to happen.. Play Djourou please!!!!

JML

Lehmann - 9, MotM
Eboue - 5
Toure - 6.5
Senderos - 1
Flamini - 5
Ljungberg - 3
Gilberto - 4
Fabregas - 5
Pires - 4
Henry - 1.5
Adebayor 6