• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Sheffield United vs Arsenal | 30/12/06

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
lehmann - 5
hoyte - 2
toure - 4
senderos - 7
clichy - 8
rosicky - 3
gilberto - 4
flamini - 2
baptista - 3,5
aliadiere - 2
cesc - 4.5
van persie - 10 :D

Viper

Established Member
Lehmann 4
Hoyte 3
Toure 4
Senderos 6
Clichy 7
Rosicky 4
Flamini 2
Gilberto 4
Baptista 3
Van Persie 3
Aliadiere 5

Fabregas 5

Wenger: A big fat 0.

An abysmal performance all round. Absolutely terrible. This is the worst performance by an Arsenal side I've seen under Wenger.

Jameel46

Established Member
people seem to be singling out VP and Ali for some reason, both had a decent game, some idiots giveing them 1s,2s, or 3s? individually none of them were beneath 5, as a team maybe but singling out a few players is stupid, you guys are just looking at someone to blame

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
everyone's ratings are low because their pissed off, mine are real ratings, if the players played like that again and we won you'd probably give VP a 6, no one should give 2s or 3s, only an idiot would consider giving those ratings
Hang on, so I'm the idiot, this coming from the guy who reckons Gilberto and Rosicky were above average tonight? ahahaha.

Why should nobody give 2 or 3s? What is the point of ranking out 10 if you only use 5+?

Most of the players were unspeakably dreadful out there tonight. My ratings reflect that. Yours make it look like they played ok and were unlucky.

Jameel46

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Jameel46 said:
no one except me has given Vp a rating over 3, let's see what an unbiased rating is for Van Persie
http://home.skysports.com/matchratings. ... d=3&cpid=8

WTF? :lol:
He did one or two things in the second half, but our best player?
Btw, never trust sky sports and their stupid ratings.

should people trust you guys and your stupid ratings? if the performance was the same but we got the win you guys would not have given anyone under 5, get your heads sorted out people

IBL

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
people seem to be singling out VP and Ali for some reason, both had a decent game, some idiots giveing them 1s,2s, or 3s? individually none of them were beneath 5, as a team maybe but singling out a few players is stupid, you guys are just looking at someone to blame
Mate, I'd love to know what you're definition of average is. There certainly were no average performances out there today from our boys. And when you say we're looking for someone to blame....CORRECT - the entire team bar a couple of players

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Ice Berg legend said:
Jameel46 said:
Mate, I'd love to know what you're definition of average is. There certainly were no average performances out there today from our boys. And when you say we're looking for someone to blame....CORRECT - the entire team bar a couple of players
How very true, they all bar one or two played sh1t

awooga83

Established Member
Lehmann - 6 Didn't perhaps have the best position for the goal
Hoyte - 3 Poor first touch and never comfortable in the game
Toure - 3 Major problems for him needs to sort his head out
Senderos - 6 Wasn't great but surprisingly solid compared to those around him
Clichy - 4 Panicked at times
Rosicky - 3 Gardly remember him doing anything in the game
Gilberto - 5 Poor distribution
Flamini - 3
Baptista - 3 Still gets knocked over too easy
Aliadiere - 5 Okay but didn't really do anything then again didn't really get anything from anyone either
RVP - 3 Worst game for a while, did his best moaning freddie impression and let things get to him

gstew

lehmann - 5

clichy - 8.5
senderos - 7.5
toure - 5
hoyte - 2

Baptista - 5
Gilberto - 6
Flamini - 3
Rosicky - 4

VP - 4.5
Aliadiere - 2.5

fabregas - 6

Rohit

Established Member
I think the result and our performance is the reason Senderos is getting just 6's and 7's.If we had won this game 1-0 or more he would certainly get a minimum 8.He didn't put a foot wrong.Like against Watford he is ready to put his skull through the oppositions studs and fight for the Arsenal.No other performance was worth mentioning.Senderos gets a 9 from me.

Clichy did well but again he fell for those ****ing fakes.I just hate it when it happens with him match after match after match and he can't improve on it.

wowwow.

LuKaZaN said:
Ignoring the last 15 mins or so...

Lehmann - 5 Perhaps could have stayed on his line longer for their goal.
Hoyte - 3 Eurgh. Giving it away and a bad first touch all game.
Toure - 3 Playing horridly right now.
Senderos - 6 Pretty much flawless in the first half, especially considering the clowns round him. Poorer second half.
Clichy - 4 Very meh performance.
Rosicky - 3.5 He is better than that, a f****g ****load better than that. Gave the ball away endlessly. Played some nice stuff at times though.
Gilberto - 4 Run of brilliant games ends here.
Flamini - 2 Poor. Can get away playing in midfield when there are creative players around him on form. When not, it's horrid to watch.
Baptista - 3 I think his first touch makes Jesus cry. Bloody hell.
Aliadiere - 5 Feel sorry for him having to endure that. Still, did ok considering..
RVP - 2 Got booked, 'tis about all.

why dont just ignore the last 83 minutes and then you could give far higher ratings.

go49oner

Established Member
Soler said:
Viper said:
This is the worst performance by an Arsenal side I've seen under Wenger.

6-1 at Old Trafford has found a contender? I think so too.

I don't think it was that bad, i certainly saw worst performances. especially away to Bolton.

gstew

For those of you that have rated Clichy worse than 7, I am curious what you thought his mistakes were? I thought he was our best attacking player and our best defending player. I don't remember him getting beaten and bar a few blocked crosses I thought that he attacked well. Is my memory that bad? The game just ended a few minutes ago, didn't it? Have all of the drugs finally caught up with me?

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
gilberto, clichy - 5

phil - 8

everybody else - 4

i hope phil will find consistency in the future because this is the type of game he played for us against bayern in CL04 and also gave us 10 consecutive clean sheets in the PL only for birmingham to permeate our record in the final game of the 2004 season at st andrews.

keep it up boy!

IBL

Established Member
gstew said:
For those of you that have rated Clichy worse than 7, I am curious what you thought his mistakes were? I thought he was our best attacking player and our best defending player. I don't remember him getting beaten and bar a few blocked crosses I thought that he attacked well. Is my memory that bad? The game just ended a few minutes ago, didn't it? Have all of the drugs finally caught up with me?
Are you serious? the inability to control incoming high balls and passes, erratic passing, pointless crosses..etc etc Dont let a few positive dribbles and some recovery tackles fool you into thinking he had a decent game, this is Arsenal and that was not a performance worthy of an Arsenal shirt. Dont get me wrong, Hoyte was worse but Clichy was pony along with him, Flamini and Toure. Senderos was our only decent defender suprisingly.

Buhry

Established Member

Clichy, Senderos played well. Senderos mom for us.

Denislon had a couple of good passes, inculding the pass to baptista before van persies chance.(or was that cesc?)

f4evo

woot the pseudopundits are out in force again

first the strikers dont deserve the crap ratings they got, cos they didnt get ANY decent service in the game at all

defenders apart from Toure were not too bad, plus Senderos was especially good

leaving our midfield which deserves the brunt of the criticism, Baptista, played out of position was awful, Rosicky was the worst I have ever seen him, Flamini was useless, even more so than usual, Gilberto was decent, but attacking wise didnt add too much

Lehmann - mistake for the goal and some horrible kicking throughout the match

Army of Me

Established Member
gstew said:
For those of you that have rated Clichy worse than 7, I am curious what you thought his mistakes were?
Well I gave him a 5, which, as far as I'm concerned, is the starting point for a player.

It's a decent performance but he did nothing to get higher, and didn't do anything bad enough to get lower.

I don't think Clichy was that good going forward, I remember one notable run just after they scored, but his crossing and passing always let him down, and for a wide player that's always going to be a problem.

It wasn't totally his fault, the players around him didn't help, but that doesn't mean he deserves a 7 which basically means he had a pretty good game - he didn't.

Rohit

Established Member
gstew said:

Yes they have.
He could lay claim to being our best attacker though,thats how bad our front 6 were today.But Senderos was a monster today,our best defender by a mile.Clichy makes mistakes that do go unnoticed.His continuing tandency to fall for the fake and show his ass annoys the **** out of me.Overall he was good,but wasn't close to Senderos.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom