• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Sunderland vs Arsenal | 01/05/06

f4evo

Lehmann - 7 - Good save but his crazy temperament showed again
Toure - 8 had to cover for off colour Camplbell and did it well
Campbell - 5 - way too shaky, his world cup chances look bleak
Clichy - 7 - rusty at the start, improved a lot towards the end
Eboue - 6.5 - should have done more damage
Song - 6 - wasnt overtly bad, but doesnt seem Arsenal quality
Diaby - 6 - some rampaging runs, but many times lost the ball
Fabregas - 8 - great passing even when played out of position, nice finish
Pires - 6 - seems to have accepted that he isnt as athletic as before and plays more conservatively, but still wasnt too penetrative today
Henry - 8 - good attacking play, superb goal
Ade - 5 - confused, lost the ball several times

Cole - 7 - was lively
Van Persie 6.5 - seemed good touch but missed sitter
Bergkamp - 6.5 - decent too

Ricky_AFC

Lehmann- 6
Eboue-6
Toure- 6.5
Campbell-4
Clichy- 6
Pires-5
Diaby-6
Song-6
Fabregas-7
Ade-5
Henry-7

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 7,5
played very well, but kind of missed the ball a few times when he tried to punch it away.

eboue - 7
played well.

toure - 7
same as eboue

sol - 5
looked shaky and a bit insecure. needs match practice.

clichy - 6
not as good going forward as he was on wednesday, but much better defensively. wasn't caught out of position and read the game well.

cesc - 6
played fairly well, even though he isn't a right winger. drifted into the middle and left our right side a bit barren, but scored a good goal and his passing and vision is superb.

song - 4,5
not terrible, but he just isn't good enough.

diaby - 5,5
inconsistant. from great to abysmal within just minutes. a strange player...

pires - 5,5
very good on the ball, lousy off the ball.

henry - 7
decent by his standards. very good by everyone else's...

adebayor - 3
his fourth(?) poor game in a row now.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal: Player Ratings

f4evo said:
Lehmann - 7 - Good save but his crazy temperament showed again
Toure - 8 had to cover for off colour Camplbell and did it well
Campbell - 5 - way too shaky, his world cup chances look bleak
Clichy - 7 - rusty at the start, improved a lot towards the end
Eboue - 6.5 - should have done more damage
Song - 6 - wasnt overtly bad, but doesnt seem Arsenal quality
Diaby - 6 - some rampaging runs, but many times lost the ball
Fabregas - 8 - great passing even when played out of position, nice finish
Pires - 6 - seems to have accepted that he isnt as athletic as before and plays more conservatively, but still wasnt too penetrative today
Henry - 8 - good attacking play, superb goal
Ade - 5 - confused, lost the ball several times

Cole - 7 - was lively
Van Persie 6.5 - seemed good touch but missed sitter
Bergkamp - 6.5 - decent too

Your ratings seem fair enough. I don't know why Eboue seems to have been coasting through the last few games, he seems short of his usual energy.

Not too worried about van Persie, his movement is good and he's getting in the right positions but lacking a little confidence that is optimised by the absence of that characteristic swagger of his.

Adebayor however does worry me. He seems a little erratic in his play and takes his eye off the ball too often.

Campbell also needs to up his game, not a convincing performance from him and should have been much more dominant in defence than he was.

Lehmann - 7
Eboue - 6
Toure - 7
Campbell - 4
Clichy - 6.5
Fabregas - 6.5
Song - 5
Diaby - 7
Pires - 5
Adebayor - 4
Henry - 7

Legend#1

Established Member
Jens - 7

Eboue - 6
Kolo - 7.5
Sol - 3
Clichy - 6.5

Cesc - 7
Diaby - 5
Song - 6
Pires - 4

Henry - 8
Ade - 4

Subs;

Cole - 6
Bergkamp - 6
RvP - 6

kamikaze80

Established Member
not gonna bother with ratings but heres a nitpicky point, cos ive seen several posters say this: rvp didnt miss a sitter. he was through on goal, but he still had to apply a good finish, which he didnt. a sitter is like a tap-in, where it's easier to score than to miss.

Viper

Established Member
I agree with you kamikaze80. Van Persie is also a left footed player so it is obviously harder for him to score with his right foot. It didn't matter too much since we were winning 3-0 though.

OneProudGooner said:
Just seen the skysports ratings and they overrated so many players. :D
They do that all the time.

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann - 7 The save stops him from getting a much lower rating tbh.
Eboue - 6.5 Good defensively and charges forward brilliantly but has an annoying tendency to hold on to the ball for too long.
Toure - 7 Rock
Sol - 5 Bit of a shocker but he is only just back really..
Clichy - 6.5 Looked lively. Good display.
Fabregas - 7 Passing and composure is brilliant to watch. Great goal.
Diaby - 5 Mixed bag.
Song - 5 Did ok but I agree with Kel, just don't really see anything there..
Pires - 4.5 Thought he was crap. Crap and slow.
Henry - 7 Great goal and lovely ball for Fabregas'.
Adebayor - 4 Poor.

Wildcat018

Viper said:
I agree with you kamikaze80. Van Persie is also a left footed player so it is obviously harder for him to score with his right foot. It didn't matter too much since we were winning 3-0 though.

OneProudGooner said:
Just seen the skysports ratings and they overrated so many players. :D
They do that all the time.

Van Persie was in on goal, he could have taken a touch towards goal and beaten the keeper, the defender behind him wouldn't have been able to close on him in time, and if you're a footballer in the premiership lets hope you can kick with your left and right foot!

koivu

How a defender who played 90 minutes in a clean sheet with only two shots on goal can be rated a '3' is beyond me.

Shell

koivu said:
How a defender who played 90 minutes in a clean sheet with only two shots on goal can be rated a '3' is beyond me.

Errr did you watch the game? Campbell was shocking. He made Kevin Kyle look like Adriano & constantly made mistakes, even when he wasnt under pressure.

IMO, if we were playing a half decent side, we would have conceded at least 2, from his mistakes.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Shell said:
koivu said:

Errr did you watch the game? Campbell was shocking. He made Kevin Kyle look like Adriano & constantly made mistakes, even when he wasnt under pressure.

IMO, if we were playing a half decent side, we would have conceded at least 2, from his mistakes.

sol was shaky and stable all in the same time but i swear my head was about to explode when he made that awful flopclass header towards lehmann and kyle (i think) nearly planted a goal for them sundryland...

thank God lehmann was magnificently unstoppable 8)

PaulDavis

Lehmann - 7
Toure - 7
Campbell - 5
Clichy - 6.5
Eboue - 6.5
Song - 5.5
Diaby - 6
Fabregas - 7
Pires - 5.5
Henry - 7
Ade - 5

Cole - 6
Van Persie - 6
Bergkamp - 6

Legend#1

Established Member
koivu said:

Did you even watch the damn game.

He made Sunderland's attack (The same Sunderland that have scored the same amount of goals as Henry by himself) look half decent.. I think Henry has even scored 1 more than Sunderland after today.

3 times all the defence stepped up for offside.. what did Sol do.. tracked the defender all 3 times, hence keeping them onside.

He also fell over like a **** trying to head the ball back.. and if it wasn't for a world class save by Jens, it would have been a goal for Sunderland.

He didn't win ONE header.. not one.. Song won more headers.. Sol couldn't even get his arse off thr ground.

A 3 is ****ing generous.

Ricky_AFC

Legend#1 said:
koivu said:

He made Sunderland's attack (The same Sunderland that have scored the same amount of goals as Henry by himself) look half decent.. I think Henry has even scored 1 more than Sunderland after today.

3 times all the defence stepped up for offside.. what did Sol do.. tracked the defender all 3 times, hence keeping them onside.

He also fell over like a **** trying to head the ball back.. and if it wasn't for a world class save by Jens, it would have been a goal for Sunderland.

He didn't win ONE header.. not one.. Song won more headers.. Sol couldn't even get his arse off thr ground.

A 3 is f****g generous.

Totally agree. I'm not one to bash the players and i'm still a Sol fan, but he was very shakey and terrible today. He deserved a low rating and anyone who says otherwise probably didn't watch the match.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
:roll: "Didn't win any headers"
Yes he did actually, Kolo didn't win all his headers either but did we say he didn't win any of his headers? He was better in the second half but apart from that mistake and playing people onside which is adefensive communication problem which will come with the more games Kolo and Sol play as a partnership he seemed quite comfortable and was assured with his distribution and on the ball.

A five for him is low enough already. He could of been so much better but he was far from terrible. We didn't concede, he didn't constantly pass it to one of the Sunderland players, he didn't get outmuscled or outjumped and he didn't slice a clearance. He just showed signs of shakiness and rustiness.

dos1986

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
koivu said:

A 3 is f****g generous.

Word

awooga83

Established Member
I think the main thing with Sol is he was facing probably one of the poorest attacks he will face and they weren't really up to much or putting him under any real pressure and he was still made errors and didn't look to assured.

Agree that a 3 is harsh and he was probably deserving of a 5 but the calibre of the opposition might have weighed peoples decisions.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom