• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Sunderland vs Arsenal | 01/05/06

OneProudGooner

Established Member
awooga83 said:
I think the main thing with Sol is he was facing probably one of the poorest attacks he will face and they weren't really up to much or putting him under any real pressure and he was still made errors and didn't look to assured.

Just tell that to Sir Alex for me then :lol:
Right now for England I think Carragher is the best choice between him, Rio and Sol. Sol badly needs games and whether 4-5 games is enough to bring his match fitness up I don't know and with Rio he is totally unreliable.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i get the feeling adebayor might well be a donkey for the rest of his career and he wont be able to help it.

sol had a shocking game which i guess at this stage can be put down to rustiness. i still hope wenger has his eye on a defender though. incase its something terminal that he cannot recover from.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Adebayor was indeed completely useless in that match. I don't recall anything he did worth mentioning. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Thierry Henry lining up alongside van Persie against Manchester City.

As for Sol Campbell, everyone seems to remember him not winning many headers against Kevin Kyle, well I don't recall Kolo Toure winning many headers, if any, against him either. I'm not saying he didn't have a bad game, because he did still look nervous and rusty, but lets not put Sol as the joker and Kolo as the King when both couldn't handle Kyle and his aerial superiority.

KingReyes

Established Member
Sol had a mare yesterday, hopefully its just rustiness. We need him at his best because it seems it will be him to partner Kolo for the remaining games including the final.

Unless Phil makes a speedy recovery and gives Wenger a choice.

Gurgen

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
i get the feeling adebayor might well be a donkey for the rest of his career and he wont be able to help it.

He will be if he keeps playing like that.

Jens 7 - One brilliant save and a classic Mad Jens moment.

Eboue 6 - Didn't go past people, never out of second gear.

Toure 7 - Solid.

Sol 3 - Fat fk who can't even jump anymore. Pathetic attempt to head the ball back as well in the second half. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Clichy 6 - See Eboue.

Cesc 7 - Great goal, didn't look to bothered apart from that.

Song 7 - Passed reasonably well, and challenged well in the second half. Much improved.

Diaby 6 - In and out of the game. Has to work harder.

Pires 5 - Pires was playing? :shock:

Adebayor 5 - One horror of a shot. Looks for Henry every time he has the ball, like Reyes. Needs to stop doing that.

Henry 7 - Crap. But still much better than the rest. Involved in all the goals.

Subs:

Cole 6 - Looked up for it, hope Real have noticed.

RvP 5 - Missed a big chance, needs to find his form.

Dennis 5 - Didn't do much.

sabret00the

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
lehmann - 7,5
played very well, but kind of missed the ball a few times when he tried to punch it away.

eboue - 7
played well.

toure - 7
same as eboue

sol - 5
looked shaky and a bit insecure. needs match practice.

clichy - 6
not as good going forward as he was on wednesday, but much better defensively. wasn't caught out of position and read the game well.

cesc - 6
played fairly well, even though he isn't a right winger. drifted into the middle and left our right side a bit barren, but scored a good goal and his passing and vision is superb.

song - 4,5
not terrible, but he just isn't good enough.

diaby - 5,5
inconsistant. from great to abysmal within just minutes. a strange player...

pires - 5,5
very good on the ball, lousy off the ball.

henry - 7
decent by his standards. very good by everyone else's...

adebayor - 3
his fourth(?) poor game in a row now.
round the decimals down and it's all spot on.

Wheelori

To be honest, the first 20 minutes, Henry was our worst player.

The first 6 times he got the ball, he gave it away.

But then he played a part in all 3 goals and the opening 20 didn't matter. He can't afford to give the ball away that cheaply in the final though.

Shows what an amazing player he is though, to be playing god awful, then click his fingers a few times, pull a couple of strings and we're 3 up just like that.

Song - awful, god awful.

Campbell - clearly needing more game time. he looked like a ****ing mule out there, bottled a good few headers, and made a hash of the ones he went for. Was not in tune with the rest of the defense at all.

Clichy - good to see him back, worked hard. Looking good for a start in the final I think.

Eboue - mind looked elsewhere to be honest, couldn't venture as far forward as usual, because of the lack of width down the right flank due to Fabregas being a central midfielder, not a winger....which really isn't his fault.

Diaby - like most have said, a bit of a mixed bag. A good few touches and passes, then he'd give the ball away dirt cheap.

Pires - Looks like he's packed his bags already.

Adebayor - don't really know what to say about him, he's done things that impress, and he's done things that deserve to have him put down.

Fabregas - as I said above, drifted inside, naturally. Battled hard, looked tired still, but perhaps his mind is elsewhere too.

GraPu

Jens 7 - nice reflex, but miss out some aerial ball. It's funny to see him fighting against Sunderland player in that match.

Eboue 6

Toure 7 - nice tackle

Sol 5 - still in recovering times

Clichy 6

Cesc 7 - nice finish

Song 6

Diaby 7

Pires 7 - good effort

Adebayor 4 - stupid

Henry 8 - The gamewinner, the king.

Subs:

Cole 6

RvP 6

Dennis 6

qs

Established Member
Jens 7 - one great save, a few flaps, fine otherwise. Was in the right for his little scuffle.
Eboue 6 - reasonable game, nothing special. Below his own now high standards
Toure 7 - solid as usual
Sol 4 - **** again. I fear for us if Phils not fit for the final.
Clichy 6 - fine, seems to be settling back in nicely.
Cesc 7 - did well considering his position.
Song 6 - did little, but at least his passing was kept simple mostly. Suits him better
Diaby 6- poor enough.
Pires 6 - another perfomance to make me feela little better about him leaving
Adebayor 3 - was he even there?
Henry 9 - though he seemed pretty out of it the 3 goals were a direct result of his talent.

Biggus

Established Member
During the game they said that Song has made his move permanent for 2.75M :shock: I've looked around for confirmation and found nothing. :shock: Arsène say it ain't so...... :?:

jester

Established Member
bad bad game for adebayor. 4. the sunderland defence is poor at best, but he was still annoynimous. he needs to start making an impact on games or he'll find himself lower down the pecking order with vpersie looking sharp when he came on.
i was surprised he wasnt taken off earlier, and it'd be intresting to see just how many times he actually touched the ball. the thing is, before when he was having a weak game, he'd be making a nuisance of himself - occupying defenders, but yesterday done none of it. its a shame, but then again he's only young and he needs to find consistancy

jester

Established Member
Biggus said:
During the game they said that Song has made his move permanent for 2.75M :shock: I've looked around for confirmation and found nothing. :shock: Arsène say it ain't so...... :?:

for that price we could have got carrick (well a little more). but wenger watches him in training every day so may see big potential

gunnerGH

Established Member
Jens 8
Eboue 8
Toure 8
Sol 6
Clichy 7

Cesc 8
Song 7
Diaby 8
Pires 7
Adebayor 6
Henry 9

Subs:
Cole 6
RvP 6
Dennis 7

Mom: Henry

koivu

Shell said:
koivu said:
How a defender who played 90 minutes in a clean sheet with only two shots on goal can be rated a '3' is beyond me.

Errr did you watch the game?

Legend#1 said:
Did you even watch the damn game.

Nah, maybe I should try watching the match next time. :roll:

Of course I watched the match. Sol in my eyes had a bad match. He was shaky and is clearly not match fit. He does not inspire confidence at the moment and that is worrying. His poor attempt at a header at the side of the 18 was embarassing to say the least.

Even still, I think the man deserves a 5. He didn't score an own goal and they did not score. Other than the above mentioned header he did nothing to merit a 3. A 5 is low enough. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Out of curiosity, what would you rate their keeper for the match? How about their defender who scored an ownie?

Gurgen

Established Member
Did you forget that Sol was the one keeping their striker onside? About 6 times?

He doesn't deserve anything above a 4, and that's being generous.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom