• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Tottenham vs Arsenal | 21/04/07

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann - 3 Prat. Totally needless messing around from Sp**s set piece led to the inevitable. When will this idiot learn? Dodgy at the end too when we were relying on him.

Clichy - 6 Finally delivered a decent ball! It's a start. So so game.. so piss poor defending mixed in with some very good defending. Got forward well in the second half.

Toure - 7 Desire to get the goal and was great defensively.

Gallas - 5 At fault for the first goal and wobbly moment right at the start of the game. Those passes back to Lehmann.. what the hell is with that? Recieve the ball.. pass back to Lehmann.. recieve the ball... pass back to Lehmann.. (repeat, repeat, repeat)

Eboue - 6 Was beaten too easily defensively at times but I think this game was an improvement over his recent showings. Got forward very well in the second half and was unlucky not to score.

Gilberto - 6 Absolutely awful first half, he kept lumping the ball aimlessly everytime it was given to him. Much better second though.

Rosicky - 4 Incredibly quiet and rightly taken off.

Diaby - 6.5 So skillful it's ridiculous. Good, confident display with some good attacking play. Improving all the time.

Hleb - 5 Very poor first half, much better second. Created 2-3 good opportunities for others. Should have lashed the ball goalwards rather than pass to Baptista for Baptista's first chance.

Ljungberg 3 - Couldn't get the ball under control before getting injured. Again.

Adebayor 6 - His goal and the player that followed stopped him from getting a 3 from me. Before the goal his first touch would've made Baptista puke and he kept constantly wasting the ball up top. However he scored a good goal and kept the ball well after that. His celebration was also heart warming.

Cesc - 7 Came on and dictated like he always does. Superb player. You have to ask yourself whether he could have been on from the start tbh.

Baptista - Dear god.

nazo

Established Member
Lehmann - 3
Clichy - 7
Toure - 7
Gallas - 6
Eboue - 6.5
Hleb - 6
Cesc - 7.5
Gilberto - 6
Rosicky - 6
Diaby - 7
Ade - 6.5

Freddie - 5

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 5. meh. not good.

eboue - 6. some decent runs and defensively ok.

toure - 7. ok game and scored a good goal.

gallas - 5. a bit of a mess at times. has to take part of the blame for the goal(s).

clichy - 5. average.

hleb - 5,5. average again. a few glimpses of brilliance in the second half, but overall he's miles away from the player he was earlier this season. don't know why though...

gilberto - 5. worst shot in the premiership? other than that, average game at best.

diaby - 5,5. meh.

cesc - 7,5. good game. came in and took charge. improved our game significantly.

rosicky - 6. a few good touches, but looked tired and wasn't mobile enough. quiet.

ljungberg - 4. poor.

adebayor - 6. worked hard, but he missed sitters again and his link up play wasn't as good as it was against city.

baptista - 3.

Mark

Established Member
Lehmann - 3

Eboue - 7

Clichy - 6

Toure - 7

Gallas - 6

Hleb - 6

Rosicky - 6

Gilberto - 8

Fabregas - 8

Diaby - 7

Adebayor - 7

Freddie - 5, Baptista - 3

evoh_1

Established Member
Lehmann - 6 was mostly solid only one moment of madness
Clichy - 6.5 bit invisble today and was mullered by berbatov first half
Toure - 8 was solid throughout got a good goal could have got 2
Gallas - 6 bit invisble made a couple of tackles but almost gave Sp**s the perfect start, needs to step up
Eboue - 7 not good in the 1st half but has excellent in the 2nd
Hleb - 5.5 poor passes didn't do a hell of alot and wasn't beating many players 1on1
Cesc - 8 came on and ran the team excellent allround performance
Gilberto - 6.5 good to see him pressing up the pitch but nothing special
Rosicky - 7.5 offered alot going forward and got the foul for the equalizer
Diaby - 7 great tackling and control worked hard throughout even when moved to the left
Ade - 7 terrible first half but look class in the second worked hard, could have got 3 if not for the woodwork

Freddie - 5 apart from the flick pass was pointless

Baptista - 2 goddamn awful alround nothing like what i was hoping for from him after he scored in the last game, missed the chance for the 3rd goal

Senderos - ? no time but was an awful substitution to make, wasted no time and made the clock continue running for extra time

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Lehmann 5
Eboue 7
Toure 6.5
Gallas 6.5
Clichy 7
Hleb 6
Gilberto 7
Diaby 7
Rosicky 6
Ljungberg 5.5
Adebayor 6.5
Fabregas 7.5

Captain

Established Member
Lukazan said:
Captain said:
those are very harsh ratings I feel Lukazan.

Maybe, but I'm abit peeved.

Which ones in particular do you think are harsh?

It's all down to personal opinion, but I thought that Lehmann was steady and Eboue and Gilberto were fairly good over the 90 mins. Hleb perhaps was deserving of more then a 5 too. Not really into player ratings but I thought those guys weren't too bad overall.

Imagine having Robinson instead of Lehmann!

Bergy_1995

Lehmann - 5
Eboue - 7
Toure - 7
Gallas - 6
Clichy - 6
Gilberto - 7
Diaby - 7
Hleb - 6
Rosicky - 6
Adebayor - 6
Ljungberg - 4
Baptista - 4
Fabregas - 7

Team - 7

fab4girl

Lehmann - 5- what has happened to him in the past few games. Really made a mess out of a few situations
Clichy - 7 - the only defender who was upto his job.
Toure - 7 - not really good defensively but +1 for the equalizer
Gallas - 6- looked so disinterested, if he wants to leave he can.
Eboue - 6.5- again got turned around by berbatov a couple of times but was a real force going forward
Hleb - 6.5- in and out in the first half, great second half, some nice tackles.
Cesc - 7.5-have to give it to him, two assists, changed the game when he came and this when he was not fully fit (and he did looked ill there)
Gilberto - 6.5- made some great tackles and blocks, did well in the second half but should have pushed more forward.
Rosicky - 6-he was also in and out of his game but i am dissapointed that he got subbed.
Diaby - 6.again like gilberto and he should be more direct, he cant play as a attacking midfielder IMO.
Ade - 7- +1 as he scored the supposed winner, was unlucky..again.

Freddie - 4- did nothing except blowing off chances.

Baptista- 5.5-good bye to him

Endris

Edit: Okay, I think I will give Baptista a 4 instead of a 3. And the knew-jerking towards Lehmann here is pathetic.

Lehmann - 6: couldn't do anything about the goals, let down by our defense once again. Looks very low on self-confidence right now.

Eboue - 6.5: Good game, still annoying antics

Clichy - 6: Okay-ish

Toure - 7: Well done

Gallas - 6: Meh

Hleb - 5.5: Useless

Rosicky - 6: Invisible, should have stayed on the pitch, though

Gilberto - 7: Important imput today

Fabregas - 8: Awesome the lad, even when he is sick

Diaby - 6.5: Good match

Adebayor - 7.5: Missed some sitters but scored two great goals

Freddie - 6: Oh Freddie. Injured again. Not a bad game, though

Baptista - 4: I usually try to see the best in any player, but today he was really ****

Lukazan

Established Member
Endris, your Rosicky comment makes absolutely no sense to me?

Both in the fact you've given him a 6 despite rightly saying he was invisible, and the fact you've said he should have stayed on the pitch, again despite saying he was invisible?

evoh_1

Established Member
Captain said:
Endris said:
Hleb - 5.5: Useless

Rosicky - 6: Invisible, should have stayed on the pitch, though

:?:

invisble but should have stayed? also thought he was a huge miss for us specially with the bap mug coming on. Wenger made the two worse substitutions of his season maybe even the last few season in bring baptista on for rozza, and bring Hleb off for Big Phil

M+D

Established Member
Lehmann - 5 - How old is this guy?! About as much maturity as a toddler on the pitch I am afraid. When will he learn. Didn't have much to do and couldn't really be blamed for the goals.

Clichy - 7 - Quite good. Didn't really notice him too much though, which is both a good and a bad thing imo...

Toure - 7.5 - Great tackles at times but also a bit of defensive slackness. Showed commitment throughout the game though.

Gallas - 6 - Not good enough for a player of his calibre.

Eboue - 7.5 - Much better going forward than recently. A couple of question marks over his defensive performance, but much better from him.

Gilberto - 7.5 - Great as far as the captaincy was concerned and overall did his usual, natural "invisible wall" job to good effect.

Rosicky - 6 - Didn't live up to his recent performances. Still, was more effective than Hleb imo, so a 6 for him.

Diaby - 7.5 - Great skills for someone so young and also so big/tall. I am convinced he has a big future and WILL be a gunners legend...eventually.

Hleb - 5.5 - O.K. he was decent at times, great at others, but was mostly just ineffective and missing.

Ljungberg - 5 - Got injured, had a terrible shot and a few bits of link-up play. Other than, nothing to note really.

Adebayor - 6 - Not bad, but his terrible finishing is a worry. Hopefully with that goal he shall find his feet again and put some good performances in in the games that are left.

Subs:
Cesc - 8 - Great and seems to be over his confidence/fatigue/form problems. Found so much time on the ball, had a good shot and got 2 assists. And this was an apparently ill substitute....

Baptista - 4 - Very poor. After a decent midweek game thought this may have been his chance to shine. Once again let me down.

Senderos - 10 - Cristiano who?! Amazing appearance in such a short space of time. I don't really know where he gets all that pace from! Should be renamed Sendinho imo.

Captain

Established Member
seriously, for those saying Hleb was useless, did you just miss the number of times he won the ball back and the three (or more?) golden chances that he laid on a plate for his team mates?

Even the first disallowed goal was purely down to Hleb without making the 'assist'. I can't believe anyone would rate him lower then a fair few other players out there today.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom