• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Tottenham vs Arsenal | 21/04/07

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
fab4girl said:
Freddie - 4- did nothing except blowing off chances.

Baptista- 5.5-good bye to him
you say bye bye to him and you gave him 5.5, even a higher rating than freddie? wow.

Biggus

Established Member
Captain said:
those are very harsh ratings I feel Lukazan.

Actually I think they're pretty spot on. Although Eboue-7 was very good. @ M+D..... Senderos what an impact on the game! :lol:

Rohit

Established Member
Captain said:
seriously, for those saying Hleb was useless, did you just miss the number of times he won the ball back and the three (or more?) golden chances that he laid on a plate for his team mates?

Even the first disallowed goal was purely down to Hleb without making the 'assist'. I can't believe anyone would rate him lower then a fair few other players out there today.

Agreed Captain, he did give away the ball a few times, but some of his passing was of the highest quality and great vision. It's probably his inconsistency that annoys most fans.

He took on Rocha twice today and beat him like he wasn't there and got into a great position in the box to lay it for Gilberto once and the second time he made a poor pass, i really don't understand why he doesn't take on the full back when one on one more often.

fab4girl

arsenal_hleb said:
fab4girl said:
Freddie - 4- did nothing except blowing off chances.

Baptista- 5.5-good bye to him
you say bye bye to him and you gave him 5.5, even a higher rating than freddie? wow.

freddie played for what 35 minutes and he didnt do anything, all his passes were stray. maybe it was injury, maybe not.
And the bye bye to baptiista was not just based on this performance.

Lastly i am not keen on keeping freddie too.

Endris

Lukazan said:
Endris, your Rosicky comment makes absolutely no sense to me?

Both in the fact you've given him a 6 despite rightly saying he was invisible, and the fact you've said he should have stayed on the pitch, again despite saying he was invisible?

He was invisible but I think he picked up on his game before he was subsituted. He may not have made an impract but at least he didn't cost us like Baptista did. I should have written that out, he? :D

evoh_1

Established Member
Endris said:
Lukazan said:
Endris, your Rosicky comment makes absolutely no sense to me?

Both in the fact you've given him a 6 despite rightly saying he was invisible, and the fact you've said he should have stayed on the pitch, again despite saying he was invisible?

He was invisible but I think he picked up on his game before he was subsituted. He may not have made an impract but at least he didn't cost us like Baptista did. I should have written that out, he? :D

no impact he got behind defenders, got the foul for the equalisor, worked had and looked to play people onto the ball. would say he deserved more then a 6

Lukazan

Established Member
Rohit said:
Captain said:
seriously, for those saying Hleb was useless, did you just miss the number of times he won the ball back and the three (or more?) golden chances that he laid on a plate for his team mates?

Even the first disallowed goal was purely down to Hleb without making the 'assist'. I can't believe anyone would rate him lower then a fair few other players out there today.

Agreed Captain, he did give away the ball a few times, but some of his passing was of the highest quality and great vision. It's probably his inconsistency that annoys most fans.

He took on Rocha twice today and beat him like he wasn't there and got into a great position in the box to lay it for Gilberto once and the second time he made a poor pass, i really don't understand why he doesn't take on the full back when one on one more often.

I agree also.

I do think there is something about Hleb, like Senderos, where it's quite easy for people to mark him down for a bad performance when there is no real truth behind it. Maybe it's the way he looks, his style of play?

For example, and I feel this could be where the criticisms of Hleb could be stemming from, one of the commentators in today's game mentioned Hleb was having a poor game and that he'd given the ball away numerous times. Up until about 25 minutes (the comment came a few minutes before), after which he got a little sloppy, I thought Hleb had played decently and he'd certainly not given the ball away more than once, twice an absolute maximum.

And I definitely agree about his ability to take people on. You always feel he can do it with ease but never opts to. He had that moment in the build up to Baptista's first fluffed chance where he got in the box with consummate ease, avoiding challenges, and could have shot himself and should have but he decided to pass.

Biggus

Established Member
Captain said:
Imagine having Robinson instead of Lehmann!

Thats true Captain....I'm old enough to remember a time when no top club was complete without a British/Irish Keeper.
That fat piece O' Sh!te can't even get off the ground.

Rohit

Established Member
Lukazan said:
I agree also.

I do think there is something about Hleb, like Senderos, where it's quite easy for people to mark him down for a bad performance when there is no real truth behind it. Maybe it's the way he looks, his style of play?

:) It hurts you genuinely doesn't it when he gets criticized, "the way he looks" :lol:

It could be because he sees more of the ball than any other Arsenal player, apart from Fabregas may be.

His lungs held up today though, he ran for 90 minutes and his work rate offensively and defensively is remarkable.

Biggus

Established Member
Lukazan said:
Rohit said:
Captain said:

I agree also.

For example, and I feel this could be where the criticisms of Hleb could be stemming from, one of the commentators in today's game mentioned Hleb was having a poor game and that he'd given the ball away numerous times. Up until about 25 minutes (the comment came a few minutes before), after which he got a little sloppy, I thought Hleb had played decently and he'd certainly not given the ball away more than once, twice an absolute maximum.

And I definitely agree about his ability to take people on. You always feel he can do it with ease but never opts to. He had that moment in the build up to Baptista's first fluffed chance where he got in the box with consummate ease, avoiding challenges, and could have shot himself and should have but he decided to pass.

Ahh Luka you dissappoint me. After more of the same old same you give him a reasonable 5. But after some support, The Alexander Hleb mutual masturbation society is back in buisness.

Captain

Established Member
he was certainly above average though without being great; perhaps a 6 or 7 depending upon which side of the fence you fall on.

A truly average performance was that of Zokora for instance and Hleb was much better then him.

Biggus

Established Member
WHA- 7 for Hleb!

Y' see this is the problem...... people looking at the player himself instead of his actual impact on the game.

Ask yourselves a question: Who amongst our players affected the game most?

stiiphunn

Established Member
Hleb keeps making those wonderful- well maybe not wonderful, but good enough- passes when coming from the right wing. But Bap missed it, just like Gilberto.
If we had a scoring midfielder who knew how to shoot, it'd be good.

Biggus

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
Hleb keeps making those wonderful- well maybe not wonderful, but good enough- passes when coming from the right wing. But Bap missed it, just like Gilberto.

But if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Captain

Established Member
He created the first 'goal', a chance for Bap and a chance for Ade (i think it was); these were fairly clear cut chances. Plus a few other looser chances.

He protects Eboue to the extent that Eboue can get forward and swing in some good balls, hit the post and win the freekick that got us the second goal. If you don't want to believe it, just look at the amount of space Tottenham were breaking into on the other side where Rosicky wasn't protecting Clichy when he went forward.

He shares the defensive load of the midfield with Gilberto (in terms of harrying and closing down space) which allows cesc to get forward and do his thing.

That's two absolutely key contributions that he makes every game, plus something close to what you expect at the attacking end.

He is coming back into form.

Biggus

Established Member
I'll grant you he did contribute defensively today...thats why he's worth a 5 (As pointed out by LUKA!) :wink:

stiiphunn

Established Member
Biggus said:
stiiphunn said:

But if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

It's not hard to take a shot when the ball is 20 yards away from the goal. Bap ****ed it up and Gilberto did as well. Is it Hleb's fault?

You asked us to show you what impact Hleb had. What do you want him to do? Taking the ball in his own half, dribble 4/5 players and putting it in the back of the net after having a cup of a tea with the keeper?! It's a team's game mate. Hleb is doing his job by giving goal scoring opportunities to others.

Biggus

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
You asked us to show you what impact Hleb had. What do you want him to do? .

What he did against City.....jink into the box and put it on a plate for someone.........or Lordy lord BURY IT! 8)

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom