• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: West Ham United vs Arsenal | 05/11/06

Rohit

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
Gunnergregharrison said:
Hleb - 4 Poor passing, poor creativity. Not good enough once again[/b]

Once again?

Hleb was hardly that bad,he along with Rosicky was the only one who tried to make things happen,tried to thread through some hopefull balls at those rare times a player made a run.It was his brilliant cross that led to Henry's knock-down to Van Persie and he made some magnificent reverse passes as well as missed some.He wasn't that bad.

Lukazan

Established Member
Hleb wasn't particularly bad today, he just didn't do anything to stand out which isn't typical of him.

But the 'once again' statement is baffling, considering Hleb has been one of our best performer's so far this season.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Roscky missed a one-on-one chance against Green. I can't understtand why he chose to shhot the near post with his outside foot. He should have chose a safe way by sloting the ball into the far post with his inside foot. Perhaps Tomas just wanted to show his skill?

I don't the team playing flambouyantly or a bit too deliverately. But when it comes to finishing, one should be clinical and not to mess about it. I suddenly recall when Henry and Pires fiddled the penalty kick against ManCity. I don't like players taking this attitude when it comes to any crucial scoring chance.

IBL

Established Member
Jens 7 - nothing he could have done about the goal

Clichy 6 - showing signs of getting better
Toure 7 - a real lion-heart
Gallas 7 - Solid effort
Hoyte 6 - Defended ok

Rosicky 7 - our best creative player today
Hleb 6 - played ok
Cesc 4 - terrible, tired, sloppy
Gilberto 6.5 - solid Bert performance

RvP 6 - ok
Henry 5 - what was he thinking? certainly wasnt thinking about the match

SUBS
Ade 5 - stay onside fgs!
Flamini 5 - strange sub
Eboue 6 - gave us something extra instantly

Wenger14

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
Jens 7 - nothing he could have done about the goal

Clichy 6 - showing signs of getting better
Toure 7 - a real lion-heart
Gallas 7 - Solid effort
Hoyte 6 - Defended ok

Rosicky 7 - our best creative player today
Hleb 6 - played ok
Cesc 4 - terrible, tired, sloppy
Gilberto 6.5 - solid Bert performance

RvP 6 - ok
Henry 5 - what was he thinking? certainly wasnt thinking about the match

SUBS
Ade 5 - stay onside fgs!
Flamini 5 - strange sub
Eboue 6 - gave us something extra instantly

Agree with all of that, except Kolo gets a 8 for me. MOTM no question.

Bad perfomance, depressing result.

ken_75

This is how I saw it: (I watched a stream so bear with me if you don't agree completely as it went off sometimes :evil: ) :)

Lehmann: 6.5 Good but poor with distribution sometimes
Hoyte: 6 Think he done well but offered little upfront
Gallas: 6.5 Did well too apart from one glaring mistake
Toure: 8.5 Did not put a foot wrong, MOM
Clichy: 7 Very good, commitment running etc
Fabregas: 5.5 Some good touches but looked poor delivering
Hleb: 7 Got very involved especially 1st half
Rosicky: 6.5 Half a point less than Hleb, had a good opportunity to score
Gilberto: 7 Had one of his best games (and we lose)
Van Persie: 6.5 Got involved too (sometimes too much!)
Henry: 5.5 A couple of assists and nothing else, very ppor by his standards

Wenger: 5.5 Could not understand his inclusion of Flamini to be honest

liridon

lehmann - 6.
completely botched one goal kick, but made another fine save. otherwise decent.

hoyte - 5,5
offered absolutely nothing going forward, should we still use him are we and average team to you such player?

toure - 9
only toure stopped us from not losing 4-0

gallas -5 damn bad cant belive

clichy - 5 tried to make some show

hleb - 6
a bit selfish

rosicky - 5
cant believe that missed such chance that i could shot better

gilberto - 5,
to many losıng balls

cesc - 0
very poor. he confused boxing wıth football. too many loosıng balls

van persie - 3 does really need to spend some 30 million dollars to buy a class stricker? where will our strickers send us

henry - 4
Was he playing ?

adebayor - 5 should arsenal sell him since he scored 1/100

eboue - 7.5
great come back

İ am really sorry for our team !!!!! can they accuse west ham for defensive playin?!!! or they wıll discover something new ?!! i really dont know. best wishes

vanderguy

I hate RATINGS thread because some members will let they biasness dictate the ratings especially SABRE :(

phil15

Lehman 7 Solid
Hoyte 6 Solid display but doesn't offer much going forward
Toure 7 Solid
Gallas 7 Solid
Clichy 7 Special mention to Clichy thought he played exceptionally well, considering this was his second full game after a layoff, always rated him highly

Hleb 7- Looked to be a creative spark at times
Cesc 5 Very poor today but this performance was coming
Gilberto 6 Solid screening display
Rosicky 7- Dogged and determined, always probing

Henry 5- His typical composure in his play was nowhere to be seen today
RVP 6- Tried to force things but didn't accomplish much

OneProudGooner

Established Member
liridon with his 0 rating for Cesc is laughable he was poor and looked tired but 0? As for Gilberto a 5 is laughable, how many interceptions inceptions did he make today? He broke up their play a countless number of times.

I didn't notice him giving the ball away that often not that he does normally. I'm more annoyed with the players that are in the team that we rely on to score goals (Henry and RVP).

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Jens 6.5
Clichy 7
Toure 8
Gallas 7
Hoyte 6.5
Rosicky 7
Hleb 6
Fabregas 4
Gilberto 7
RvP 5
Henry 5

Defensively we looked fine, besides Eboue getting caught upfield for their goal and Flamini having to cover for him and Gallas slipping we were fine. We should of kept Hoyte on and let Eboue bomb forward on the right wing.
We didn't seem to do much with the ball going forward and Henry seemed too static, why doesn't he make runs into the box with his kind of pace? At one point we got into the box he was jogging into the box and they cleared it easily!

kel varnsen

Established Member
OneProudGooner said:
Defensively we looked fine, besides Eboue getting caught upfield for their goal and Flamini having to cover for him and Gallas slipping we were fine. We should of kept Hoyte on and let Eboue bomb forward on the right wing.

was waiting for someone to bring that up. fact is, eboue made a terrific run on the right wing, but fabregas carelessly gave the ball away and west ham hit us on the break.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Lehman 7 Solid
Hoyte 6 not much to offer going forward.
Toure 9 Solid as a rock old reliable MOM for me
Gallas 7 Solid performance
Clichy 7 it's nice to see him playing, he is coming on leaps and bounds, cashly who.

Hleb 7- Played well a creative player
Cesc 4 very very poor game by his standards, should have been taken off.
Gilberto 8 Solid display
Rosicky 7- looked like the only one to score.

Henry 3 sad performance from him as a captain he was useless, he is getting like the invisible man lately
RVP 6- Tried to create and force things but must learn to control his temper.

Linson

Once again I feel people aren't giving young Hoyte the credit he deserves. My match rating for Hoyte would be 7 - I thought he contributed well to the team as a whole.
He doesn't offer a lot going forward at the moment but I believe he will in the future. He is gaining confidence by the game now and I quickly becoming a fan of his resilience and determination to make something of himself at the club.

Gurgen

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
what nonsense. rosicky made a number of good runs, passed the ball very well and was able to beat his defender a few times. cesc did absolutely nothing. if you honestly think that cesc' performance warranted a 6, when you only give rosicky a 7, then i think you either need to get your eyes checked out.

Rosicky also did absolutely nothing because despite getting an enormous chance he didn't even test the keeper and we had 0 goals on the scoreboard.
Funny how you slate Adebayor for making runs and working hard, yet Rosicky is a genius for doing the same.

Remember, Rosicky plays the 'behind Henry' role in our unholy 4-5-1. That means a big part of the goal threat has to come from him. And he failed once again. I don't blame Rosicky though, I blame Wenger. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Henry's Girl

Arsenal - 0

About 60shots in 3games and only 1 goal to show for it.

I'm so pissed off that i wanna kill someone :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

kel varnsen

Established Member
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:
what nonsense. rosicky made a number of good runs, passed the ball very well and was able to beat his defender a few times. cesc did absolutely nothing. if you honestly think that cesc' performance warranted a 6, when you only give rosicky a 7, then i think you either need to get your eyes checked out.

Rosicky also did absolutely nothing because despite getting an enormous chance he didn't even test the keeper and we had 0 goals on the scoreboard.
Funny how you slate Adebayor for making runs and working hard, yet Rosicky is a genius for doing the same.

Remember, Rosicky plays the 'behind Henry' role in our unholy 4-5-1. That means a big part of the goal threat has to come from him. And he failed once again. I don't blame Rosicky though, I blame Wenger. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

yeah, i mean rosicky's and ade's game are near identical. so if ade makes runs and rosicky makes runs, i should praise both of them... :roll:

as for rosicky's performance yesterday, it was quite good. he was very lively, his passing was very good, he made good runs, linked up well with others and was able to beat his defender(s) a few times. he missed a good chance, but that does not change the fact that he was our most creative and 'energetic' player out there.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom