• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: West Ham United vs Arsenal | 05/11/06

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
rosicky was our 2nd most energetic player yesterday behind toure. he worked his socks off, was more creative than cesc and his workrate just can't be denied.

but i really don't understand one thing. he only had green to beat but his shot went to china. tsk tsk.

Gurgen

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:
what nonsense. rosicky made a number of good runs, passed the ball very well and was able to beat his defender a few times. cesc did absolutely nothing. if you honestly think that cesc' performance warranted a 6, when you only give rosicky a 7, then i think you either need to get your eyes checked out.

Rosicky also did absolutely nothing because despite getting an enormous chance he didn't even test the keeper and we had 0 goals on the scoreboard.
Funny how you slate Adebayor for making runs and working hard, yet Rosicky is a genius for doing the same.

Remember, Rosicky plays the 'behind Henry' role in our unholy 4-5-1. That means a big part of the goal threat has to come from him. And he failed once again. I don't blame Rosicky though, I blame Wenger. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

yeah, i mean rosicky's and ade's game are near identical. so if ade makes runs and rosicky makes runs, i should praise both of them... :roll:

as for rosicky's performance yesterday, it was quite good. he was very lively, his passing was very good, he made good runs, linked up well with others and was able to beat his defender(s) a few times. he missed a good chance, but that does not change the fact that he was our most creative and 'energetic' player out there.

What does it matter that their games aren't identical? Because Rosicky has flair he suddenly gets more credit? Fact of the matter is that he, like Ade at times, isn't doing the business.

Funny, I counted three 'big' chances and none of them were created by Rosicky. One of them was missed by him though.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Gurgen said:
What does it matter that their games aren't identical? Because Rosicky has flair he suddenly gets more credit? Fact of the matter is that he, like Ade at times, isn't doing the business.

Funny, I counted three 'big' chances and none of them were created by Rosicky. One of them was missed by him though.

if you can't recognize the difference in rosicky's and ade's game then fine. not my problem. it has nothing to do with 'flair' and 'him not doing the business'? please, rosicky has been outstanding so far this season. one of our best players along with eboue, hleb and toure.

as for the goal chances, i remember three. rosicky's missed shot, van persie's volley and when henry cut through the west ham defense in the second half. the latter came after a brilliant turn and pass by rosicky. maybe i'm forgetting one chance, but even if i am, rosicky was still very much involved in the few chances we did create.

Gurgen

Established Member
I'm not even going to bother pointing out the fallacies in that post.

You'd think our best player would have more to show for his brilliance than one goal and one assist.

RC8

Established Member
The amount of criticism Henry has received around here is out of proportion. He did not have a very good game, but he did participate on many situations that could have given us the goal. His commitment was also quite clear, as when he gave the ball away, he tracked back and tried to tackle. He tends to have a difficult time when playing as a lone striker, and, just like Hleb, he produced some magic throughout the the game. He has been inconsistent, yes, but he is far from "useless" as some of you describe him. Overall we had a bad day, all the teams have those, but we've won playing much worse.

Remember we are 5th with a game in hand, and a game away from being 3rd and 2 points away from the Runners-up spot. Had Hleb's penalty been called, or Toure's shot gone in, or Rosicky's chance been converted, the ratings would have been much higher, which is unfair to the players. Anyway, here are my ratings:

Lehmann 7
Clichy 7
Toure 8
Gallas 7
Hoyte 7
Rosicky 7
Hleb 7.5
Fabregas 6.5
Gilberto 7
RvP 6.5
Henry 6.5

Christofaux

So most would rate hleb higher then hoyte or at least hleb would get the edge if you made the choice. Lets look on an even playing field and not with our we dont like hoyte glasses on.

Hoyte played very well and did his defensive job as he needed to. Hleb offered very little going forward except for getting hacked in the box which resulted in nil. Therefore hoyte offered more to Arsenal the Hleb. Hoyte got forward a few times but saw no ball. Hleb had eyes only for Henry.

Hleb was one of our worst players out there, hoyte wasnt.

anyway with that out of my system.

Lehmann - 6, i think i saw one or two good saves, as said before distribution terrible, a goalkeeper has to do alot wrong to get less then 6 imo.

Clichy - 7.5 , offered just as much as most going forward, passes were off but so were others, defended well, didnt complain about the elbow to the noggin.

Toure - 8, solid and explosive good performance

Gallas - 6.5, few slip ups but decent in general

Hoyte - 7, as in my hleb vs hoyte explenation.

Hleb - 5.5, got the ball, held the ball, missed the pass to henry. Thats his night in a nutshell

Cesc - 5.5, got outplayed in the middle

Gilberto - 7, good performance

Rosicky - 7, good running forward, best of the midfield in attack, more concentration for the shot please.

Van Persie - 6, does not get given the ball, damn straight he should ask "why?" (btw when he said that i could only think of Borat going "why?" ) Looked decent going forward just sloppy like the rest in the final ball. Only reason he didnt get higher then 6 is because he didnt get given the opportunity to get higher.

Henry - 7.5, looked the most threatening as he should. Split the defence a few times, set up rosicky etc.

Eboue - 7, tried hard

Flamini - flamini, its a new rank in the 0 - 10 ranking system, he doesnt let us down, but in turn he doesnt offer us much, hes Flamini.

Ade - 6, didnt really see him do a thing.

Wenger - 4, whats with the bench, that bench was NEVER going to give us a win when we needed a supersub.

Lukazan

Established Member
Hleb was involved in 2 of our 3 best chances. He did alot more than you've given him credit for.

And he also gave a lovely ball to Henry, who had lost Anton Ferdinand, but Henry miscontrolled it and the move broke down. An on form Henry would have swept that ball in to his stride and scored.

Hleb was nowhere near our worst player on the pitch.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom