• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players Out On Loan - 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to Miyaichi ?
Is he on loan to Holland again ? Shame that loan spell at Wigan did not work few years ago.

A late start in professional football (he was playing for his high school team in Japan until he was like 18) combined with multiple injury spells ruined his great potential.
I can also imagine it being very, very difficult for a young adult who speaks a non-latin-based language to feel settled in Europe.

infineon

Established Member
It's another warning to young players about joining big clubs. There was never any room for him in a congested squad. Even the players we paid big money for can't break into the first XI yet alone a kid who needs a lot of development.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I remember when everyone thought he was gonna be our great saviour this season.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Wellington Silva eyes Arsenal chance but is wanted by 'two clubs in England'

The ESPN FC crew discuss the latest power rankings, where Barcelona and Juventus stayed on top of the table and Arsenal moved ahead of Manchester City after winning the FA Cup.
Wellington Silva said he is hopeful he can finally play for Arsenal after a four-year wait and time spent on loan for five different Spanish sides, but acknowledged that he has offers from two other Premier League clubs as well.

Wellington, 22, signed for the Gunners from Fluminense in 2011 but has been unable to feature for the club as he was not granted a work permit to play in the UK. He had an underwhelming spell for Almeria this season as the club suffered relegation from La Liga.

i

TRANSFER LATEST
- Di Maria to stay at United despite PSG talk
- Falcao wants to return to Premier League
- Milner wanted Rodgers assurances
- Wanyama interested in Arsenal move
- Dybala seals Juventus move from Palermo
- Transfer Talk: Daily roundup of news, rumours
- ESPN FC Transfer Centre: All the done deals

"Of course, I want to be with Arsenal, but if I must be loaned again, I have no problem with that," Silva told ESPN.com.br while on vacation in Rio de Janeiro. "There are two clubs in England that have already spoken with my agent, so I know I have those two options. I would like to play in England now, even if it isn't for Arsenal, because I would like to learn more about the playing style there and get used to the league and the colder climate. I hope to show my potential."

i

Wellington Silva is hopeful that he can finally get his chance at Arsenal.
Silva said he is already thinking about the preseason, which begins in July.

"I am happy, I had a good season with Almeria and now I have a Spanish passport, which allows me to play in England. Since I arrived, I was told that it was precisely that and that is why I was loaned. Since I have no family of European descent, I had to wait to meet my residency requirement in Spain to get the document."

Silva also spoke about the competition to earn a spot under manager Arsène Wenger.

"I think Walcott and Chamberlain have characteristics like mine, pretty good on the wing, players that can help strengthen the defence for an under-pressure team. I would have to be calm if I got there, do my best and wait, without thinking that I have to be convincing to someone."

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Wellington has fantastic raw attributes, he's quick and is a box of tricks. But there's been many young players of his ilk who haven't made it to the top, you gotta wonder if he's got that wow factor about him to establish himself here.

I'd like to see him during pre-season.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Sounds like he's expecting to be loaned or sold to a PL club. His dribbling stats are pretty impressive but his final ball/end product is poor. Maybe to be expected with the lack of training at elite clubs

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
A late start in professional football (he was playing for his high school team in Japan until he was like 18) combined with multiple injury spells ruined his great potential.
I can also imagine it being very, very difficult for a young adult who speaks a non-latin-based language to feel settled in Europe.
Injuries killed him just when he looked like he was capable of making the jump to regular senior football. He had blistering pace, was composed on the ball, eye for a pass but became a bit of a one trick pony and somewhere along the line his confidence deserted him. He didn't have the confidence or ability to beat his man other than with pace-he looked way off the finished article in the League Cup game against Chelsea in the 2013/14 season and never really threatened to beat Azpilicueta at all. Don' think he played another game for Arsenal 1st team after that.

A lot of pressure on this kid, big Japanese hope, Arsenal etc-his footballing career really took off about 4 years ago but he was just unable to get his foot into the 1st team. Had one great season at Feyenoord and a decent loan spell at Bolton but that was it.

Hope he can find his form again and make it but it really shows the pitfalls of professional football for these young guys and the intense competition they're facing.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
fantastic news tbf
It is, I hope this deal happens as I'm intrigued to see him in a first team environment. As much as I'd like to see him grow in his new central midfield/DM position, McCarthy will play him in his favored right wing position IMO, as he likes his wingers quick, skillful and technical. Maitland-Niles has also been a goal-threat from that position in the youth teams.

We'll see what they have in mind for him if it comes off.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That big news for Niles!

Any other youngsters you favour going a loan in Champions league/premier league? @MutableEarth
Akpom definitely needs to go back on loan to prove himself, just hope it's to the right team that can play to his strengths (although it is good to be adaptable). I'd say go back to the Championship, not sure if he's PL ready.

Alex Iwobi also needs first team football, probably a bit more than Akpom, so a Championship or even League 1 loan would do wonders for him.

Zelalem & Gnabry are iffy ones - I reckon a loan would be good for both of them, but they could both realistically be squad members. Nonetheless, think Championship for Zelalem and PL for Gnabry would be great.

Dan Crowley is loan ready too. O'Connor might be a bit young, but I'd send him and Isaac Hayden on loan for sure.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Zelalem ...

Last time I saw him he almost turned invisible when he wasn't facing you. Lad was thin as a twig. Haven't seen him in a while but he seriously need to bulk up a bit if he's going to have any hope of being a midfielder in the Prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom