• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

players whom we want to leave

laolu

beaney said:
i reckon kanu, wiltord, jeffers, igor.
vin de guerre, dont be so silly!

theres no way we should sell pat. how can you can we can cope without him when we cant even win the premiership or champ lge WITH him?!?!?!

its bloody hard enuf for us without loosing the best midfielder in the world!

arsenal didn't lose a domestic game in 2003 wiv vieira playing, so maybe we could have won the EPL if he had played

I think we should keep Kanu

SoUL

jeffers, wiltord, cygan ( i think we could get younger better defender), lauren (we have better players at RB even with volz gone), tavlaridis, stephanovs

i think gio van bronk is good player but i dont think he wants to stay

seanconvey66

Wiltord
Gilberto
Jeffers
Lauren
Stephanovs
Pennant
Tavlaridis

Keown and Bergkamp to retire id give Kanu a rolling contract therefore hes constantly playing for his future and doesnt fall in to the comfort zone of the last 2 years.
Id also give GvB another year but play him in centre mid. When he did play for us he was at left back which aint his position, if hes a defender im the Queen!

D.Dappa

Kanu should and will leave.............yes he has put in some good appearance lately, but thats the very very least he owes for his last 2 years worth of appearances, and seriously, 40,000 a week, that has to be freed up.

I want to see Jeffers get a permanant move away to Everton, when he first came i was quite pleased, not because i liked Jeffers, but i understood what he could bring to the team, he was spose to be our shearer type player, our new mr wright, someone who could grab goals out of instinct, score goals when the ball hits him in the chest cus he was standing in the right place at the right time.......................but now, I dont want him back, injury prone, at i jus dont see him as a gooner.

Wiltord is touch and go, ive always wanted to see Wiltord succeed, and for a while when he was playing out wide right, putting everything in, running all over for the full 90mins i thought he may just catch on fire and go through a pro-long purple patch, as seen from henry and pires when they really first got going..................but countless time you end up beeing fed-up with him.........if he can regain some confidence, and get his head down and stop thinking about negotioations, and have a good final 4 months of the season, then i wouldnt mind if he signed a new contract..........as long as he didnt get in the way of Aliadiere' progress.

.and Stepanovs and Tavaridis should be shown the door asap.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Not overly in a hurry to see teh back of anyone....obviously Steps should go, and I suspect tavlaridis won't make it at this level now. Kanu should be retained if he is willing to accept a rolling contract on reduced terms, and similarly wiltord if he accepts 2 years. I would even keep jeffers and gio, simply because we wouldn't get much cash for them, and if they stay fit they could still do a job.....

Gooner83

Its hard, because i think all the first team squad are first choice or good cover.

I only wish we had more depth, we could do with a more creative player on the right.

Pires and Vieira are the only ones who create for the forwards.

turtle

I hope no one leave the club to maintain the stability that we have now.

However, it is likely that a few player will leave in the summer :(
Wiltord may leave for free, Wenger may need to sell GvB or others to raise the summer transfer budget to 20M he said recently. I am sure we won't see a wholesale of change to maintain the stability so I guess we will only bring in only one forward in the summer.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
D.Dappa said:
Kanu should and will leave.............yes he has put in some good appearance lately, but thats the very very least he owes for his last 2 years worth of appearances, and seriously, 40,000 a week, that has to be freed up.

i think we should keep Kanu if he is prepared to take a pay cut. He has played really well lately and is a good player to have on hand if a striker gets injuryed examples Ali, Bergkamp and wiltord.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I think, as has been mentioned, the worry with Kanu is that his improved performance is related to a contract renewal. Having signed it will he be reduced to the performance level of last season?

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom