• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Porto v Arsenal ratings

Captain

Established Member
He wasn't below average. Played some one touch passes, made a few runs and was only the second person to actually bother running back and challenging that guy in yellow boots who was destroying us in the second half.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I don't understand how some of the blame is being put on Campbell. Personally, it was entirely Fabianski's fault for making a horrific decision.

Fabianski WOW

Sagna 6
Campbell 6.5
Vermaelen 6
Clichy 5

Denilson 6
Diaby 6
Cesc 4

Nasri 4
Rosicky 6
Bendtner 5

longrufus

Established Member
lagos said:
On a serious note though I know people are nostalgic about Sol's return and he scored a vital away goal but why are people ignoring Sol's dual lapses for the second goal?
Sol's dual lapse? You mean Fabianski's dual lapse.

First of all he did not take control of the situation, he should have came out and claimed it or dropped back and allowed Sol to play the backpass, instead he was caught in the middle which allowed Sol to do nothing but attempt to shield it back. Secondly he gave the ball back straight away, for goodness sake man do anything with the ball but give it back. Boot it into the crowd if you take the yellow, do anything but hand it straight back.

Should Sol have stood over the ball, tough to say as he didnt even know Fabianski give it back so quickly. TV is as much to blame as he should of been on top of the ball as he was in a better position to see what was happening.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Also Sol made a last ditch tackle in the first half. Not sure how Porto got into that situation but it was some tackle.

Guy is a class act.

More worrying is TV's displays recently, maybe the long season is taking it's toll somewhat.

longrufus

Established Member
fabo said:
Also Sol made a last ditch tackle in the first half. Not sure how Porto got into that situation but it was some tackle.

Guy is a class act.

More worrying is TV's displays recently, maybe the long season is taking it's toll somewhat.
He has been playing injured since the Villa game.

Nela

Established Member
longrufus said:
fabo said:

Guy is a class act.

He has been playing injured since the Villa game.
He's been playing with Clichy next to him. That's probably been the biggest difference for him over the past month or so.

ricky1985

Established Member
Denilson played the stupidest back pass of all time (although he actually played quite well after that I thought).

fabo

6.51 / 10
Captain said:
fabo said:

Sol got done for pace.

ITV didn't replay the whole move there. Incredible recovery tbf.

ricky1985

Established Member
Sol getting beat for pace by Falcao is no disgarce. He showed all his experience with the amazing recovery tackle though. He didn't panic, he kept his composure and waited for the right moment and timed it all to perfection. Denilson's back pass was a joke, absurdly stupid.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Denilson showed alot of fight today. I'd go far as saying that he is the one who kept a semblence of a midfield after Diaby and Cesc had lost their legs.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Yep Denilson did OK.

For the first half an hour he couldn't do anything right but grew as the game went on.

Needs to bulk up though, got a few soft free's that you might not get in England.

qs

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Denilson showed alot of fight today. I'd go far as saying that he is the one who kept a semblence of a midfield after Diaby and Cesc had lost their legs.

Indeed he did. He was excellent in the 2nd half.

ricky1985

Established Member
I think Denilson was actually half decent for a change. Still made a ton of mistakes, but tried hard, and made some good tackles. Doesn't change the fact that the back pass was ridiculous though.

Captain

Established Member
He was more than half decent, he had a good game overall after a slow first half. I would also like to take this opportunity to say that he was playing better than this before he ****ed his back but it was good to see that maybe he can lift his form while we need him.

justinmitchell

Re: Match ratings: Porto vs Arsenal

10-75min

Fabianski - 4 (good saves, good claim on the cross, shocking mistakes)

Sagna - 6 (pretty solid)
Sol - 7.5 (good goal, defended well)
Verm - 6
Clichy - 4 (Eboue 2007 in disguise?)

Denilson - 6
Cesc - 6
Diaby - 7

Nasri - 6
Rozza - 6
Bendtner - 6

Ref - ??? Have whistle, won't blow.

First half - bad. Second half - wow.

Freagle

Re: Match ratings: Porto vs Arsenal

Another thread?

<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62501" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62501</a>

lagos

Established Member
longrufus said:
lagos said:
On a serious note though I know people are nostalgic about Sol's return and he scored a vital away goal but why are people ignoring Sol's dual lapses for the second goal?
Sol's dual lapse? You mean Fabianski's dual lapse.

First of all he did not take control of the situation, he should have came out and claimed it or dropped back and allowed Sol to play the backpass, instead he was caught in the middle which allowed Sol to do nothing but attempt to shield it back. Secondly he gave the ball back straight away, for goodness sake man do anything with the ball but give it back. Boot it into the crowd if you take the yellow, do anything but hand it straight back.

Should Sol have stood over the ball, tough to say as he didnt even know Fabianski give it back so quickly. TV is as much to blame as he should of been on top of the ball as he was in a better position to see what was happening.

Nope they both had dual lapses! and I was refering to Sol's 'cos Fabs has been done to death (nothing to add there) and no one seemed to want to talk about Sol's ****-ups

Sol did not need to make that backpass with the keeper so close to him. However again I stress that notwithstanding Sols's error, Fabianski messed up, I'm not disputing that.

Also I am not disputing that Fabianski messed up by giving the ball back but what was an experienced defender like Sol doing feeling sorry for himself and switching off? that's the kind of thing mental lapse you expect from Senderos

So it's not a case of shifting blame from Fabianski to Sol, or mitigating the errors Fabianski made, I gave Fabianski a 0 so I can't be more scathing of his performance. If Sol made a poor back pass, Fabianski should have dealt with it and even if Fabianski gave the ball back to the ref (which was obviously naive), Sol as an experienced defender should have switched on to the possibility of a quick free kick afterall he's witnessed Henry do it so many times to teams. I'm just trying to point out that Sol to me does not come out smelling of roses in the actuall back pass that led to the free kick and the quickly taken freekick that led to the goal! So criticise Fabianski by all means but Sol ****ed up too...twice!

justinmitchell

From other thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62521&p=8811181#p8811181

10-75min

Fabianski - 4 (good saves, good claim on the cross, shocking mistakes)

Sagna - 6 (pretty solid)
Sol - 7.5 (good goal, defended well)
Verm - 6
Clichy - 4 (Eboue 2007 in disguise?)

Denilson - 6
Cesc - 6
Diaby - 7

Nasri - 6
Rozza - 6
Bendtner - 6

Ref - ??? Have whistle, won't blow.

First half - bad. Second half - wow.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom