<

Prediction - PL: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 15/01/05

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by gooner#1, Jan 10, 2005.

1. gooner#1

gooner#1 New Member

After a rather startled win against Stoke on Sunday in the FA.Cup, Arsenal go back to action on Saturday in the Premiership with an away match against Bolton .

Arsenal-Bolton has always been a tough match for us .The most infamous encounter was when the title was practically lost as we drew, after being 2-0 up .Martin Keown scored the key-own goal :cry: as the manures like to call it that levelled the match.
    In the earlier part of the season Arsenal looked vunerbale to defending set-pieces even then,as a tough Bolton side kept pegging us back, after Henry and Pires scored.

So, for this match Sol Campbell should return from injury, as so should Henry and Almunia after being rested against Stoke .Eboue may retain his place from Justin Hoyte.

My prediction for this match....A 2-1 win against a off-form Bolton.Henry and Reyes for us while Pedersen (who else) ...

2. bobbypires

bobbypires New Member Elite

0-2
    Henry (x2)

3. shonsuperstar

shonsuperstar New Member

i'll also go for a 2-1 win. still cant get over what that spastik-monkey-thing (keown) did in thet game, innit :evil:

4. gooner#1

gooner#1 New Member

Keown made up for that at old trafford in my view lol.That was so sweet that beating .....

5. Mark

Mark New Member Elite

What a lovely way to talk about an Arsenal legend. Then again, I suppose you weren't around before that season. :roll:

6. arnoldi

arnoldi New Member

2-0(Henry, Reyes)

Almunia

Eboue Kolo Campbell Cole

Ljungberg Vieira Cesc(poor kid!!!) Reyes

Henry RVP

subs : Lehmann,clichy,Pennant,Flamini,Senderos

I know its wishfull thinking but I would like Pennant play at leat 20 minutes!!!

7. Gazza Martinez

Gazza Martinez New Member Elite

2-0

Reyes and Freddie

8. Evil Dragon

Evil Dragon New Member

Almunia

Eboue Kolo Campbell Cole

Pennant Vieira Ljungberg Reyes

Henry RVP

Won't happen but its a way of giving Cesc a rest.

9. awooga83

awooga83 New Member Trusted

3-1 Henry, Ljungberg Van Persie

10. Ratinho

Ratinho New Member

Let's face facts, although were not in 49 unbeaten form, we're still better than most teams around.

Out of form Bolton 0-2 3rd Gear Arsenal

Another clean sheet for Manuel, and 2 for the returning Reyes.

11. Mark

Mark New Member Elite

Enough drawing with Bolton. I'd go with this lineup:

Almunia

Lauren Toure Campbell Cole

Freddie Vieira Eboue Pires

Henry Reyes

Wenger won't go with Eboue in the middle, but Fabregas does need a rest and with Vieira and Eboue we'd have a really solid middle. My prediction: 2-1 to Arsenal. Reyes and Pires for us, Pedersen as always, for them.

12. Jkreffer

Jkreffer New Member Trusted

Am I the only one that finds Pedersons ****ty flamingo celebration really annoying!?

13. MAK

MAK New Member

This one has draw all over it.

14. Lukazan

Lukazan New Member Elite

We always seem to struggle against Bolton, so tbh I am abit worried.. HOWEVER Bolton have been very off form for a while so we SHOULD be beating them comfortably..

We'll see what happens..

2-0 to us I hope, Henry and Reyes.

15. zodos

zodos New Member

I am getting really worried that I seem to agree with everything you post. Maybe you just post a lot of sense. :)
    Same score, same scorer for me. I think we will see the early season Reyes once more after his nice xmas hols.

16. DannyGooner1982

DannyGooner1982 New Member

Rofl! Yes it is a tad annoying but rather amusing =). he sure does have a knack of scoring goals against the big clubs eh..

Bolton 1 - Arsenal 2 (Henry, Pires)

17. gunner01

gunner01 New Member

I think it will be a tight match until late in the second half.

3-1 to the gunners.

Henry, RVP and Freddie