• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Preferred Midfield Signing

Partey or Thiago

• Total voters

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We've had an average midfield for a looooooooong time. Wenger literally ignored this area for so long and more recently we've just bought very poorly.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We need both profiles so I refuse to vote, if we're choosing 1 or the other then we're not doing anything next season. I'd prefer Aouar purely because our lack of creativity from midfield is such a glaring issue but at the same time we'll still lack a ball carrier box-to-box type so we need both types.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we're looking at getting Dani back, a forward and a midfielder then we'll end up with Aouar OR Partey and not both.

I guess if Arteta's plan is to go 4231 then Aouar and Partey doesn't make much sense. Partey and Ceballos/Xhaka in the double pivot is perfect. Not quite sure Aouar would do well in a two but he could do well at 10 and in a midfield 3.

After that if the plans a forward then a Grealish type works well. Can play multiple positions and is quality.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If we make £100m on player sales I don’t see why we can’t get both Party and Aouar. Big if though.

Because no one wants our sh*t players. Our only proper sellable asset we exiled and told everyone he has an awful attitude.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Because no one wants our sh*t players. Our only proper sellable asset we exiled and told everyone he has an awful attitude.

Leeds want Holding
Fulham want Chambers
Napoli want Sokratis
3 or 4 Italian teams want Torreira
PSG want Guendouzi
A handful of teams want AMN
10 clubs want Emi Martinez
Juventus want Lacazette

?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That doesn’t make Guendouzi unsellable it just drops his price from £40m to £20m.

Precisely. There's still 6 weeks to negotiate sales, they will happen. You dont just sell someone for the first offer you get, we will squeeze every last penny out of these players.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Leeds want Holding
Fulham want Chambers
Napoli want Sokratis
PSG want Guendouzi
Juventus want Lacazette

?

Non of this has been reported by a decent source though, all rumours. Find me the article with a date?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Leeds want Holding
Fulham want Chambers
Napoli want Sokratis
PSG want Guendouzi
Juventus want Lacazette

?

Do they actually, or is this all just paper talk?

Its the same every summer, we always think we will get rid of a load of the deadwood, but only ever seem to get rid of them on loan.

The reality is most of those players aren't very good and are on big money, factor in covid and I'd be amazed if we get rid of all of them.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Non of this has been reported by a decent source though, all rumours. Find me the article with a date?

Whats your name Gdeep? :lol: not gonna give you links to all, but for one Orny and tier 1 Juve sources said about Laca interest. Lequipe last night Guendouzi, Emi Martinez himself saying 10 clubs are interested. Sky sports and Orny on AMN. All the links are credible, just need to negotiate fees.

But you gotta look at it realistically, we have 8 CB's so at least 2 or 3 are leaving. We have the Guendouzi situation so he will be pushed out one way or another, Torreira is gone as well. After that Emi and AMN in particular would be very easy to sell.

There's good money in our players and good interest, 6 weeks to sell players my bro.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Do they actually, or is this all just paper talk?

Its the same every summer, we always think we will get rid of a load of the deadwood, but only ever seem to get rid of them on loan.

The reality is most of those players aren't very good and are on big money, factor in covid and I'd be amazed if we get rid of all of them.

Only Lacazette and Sokratis will be hard to shift due to wages. The rest are pretty self explanatory sales.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Looks like we really need some of the CB deals to go through & a club to take Douzi.

Cant sell Lucas or AMN before replacements in. Midfield just empty.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Looks like we really need some of the CB deals to go through & a club to take Douzi.

Cant sell Lucas or AMN before replacements in. Midfield just empty.

If the Partey deal goes through this week then it isn't an issue and we can spend the rest of the window selling and looking at one more key target + Dani on loan again.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only Lacazette and Sokratis will be hard to shift due to wages. The rest are pretty self explanatory sales.

Emi/Ainsley will be fine. I worry about Chambers as he is injured, there also haven't really been any concrete links with Holding.

Guedouzi will be hard to shift for obvious reasons, and I think its unlikely an Italian team will commit a fee towards Torreira this summer.

We really struggle to shift our dross, we've been trying to flog the likes of Mustafi/El Neny for years now to no avail.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Emi/Ainsley will be fine. I worry about Chambers as he is injured, there also haven't really been any concrete links with Holding.

Guedouzi will be hard to shift for obvious reasons, and I think its unlikely an Italian team will commit a fee towards Torreira this summer.

We really struggle to shift our dross, we've been trying to flog the likes of Mustafi/El Neny for years now to no avail.

Luckily even if we can't shift some dross this summer every single piece of dross in this club will be out of contract by 2022. Good news.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom