• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Preferred Midfield Signing

Partey or Thiago

• Total voters

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Yep he is an all action CM, a player who not only improves us massively right now but would help us challenge for the title later on.

Even a pivot of Xhaka and Partey is very well balanced on paper. A pivot of Xhaka and Aouar however doesn't really work. With the other role you have a lot of options if you sign Partey because of the positions you can use him in. We could sign a proper creative 8 to play in a 3 or an out and out number 10 for a 4231.

That's why I think the club go for Partey now and then see what happens with player sales to go after someone else. There's a plethora of players you could go for.
In a 4231 I'd say Partey & Xhaka will actually work quite well, they are both the same type of players so one will be able to stay back then one can float forward a bit, probably Partey the more likely to float forward, Xhaka to stay back. I'll be willing to let Xhaka to stay if we can get Partey. They both have that good long ball on them to start a counter quickly & both will have a decent long shot on them to catch a team unawares.

If we play a 4231 I'd get Willian to stay forward as the top playmaker then these 2 to stay behind & defend then counter. We could give Özil another crack at #10 aswell if worst comes to worst.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Partey - Xhaka - Ceballos midfield is horrendous. No creativity whatsoever.

Can't rely on Ceballos as a creative 8.

It makes more sense to play:

Xhaka/Ceballos
Partey - Saka/ESR/Willian

That provides a lot more balance.

My preference would still go to Aouar, even though I highly rate Partey.

Xhaka/Ceballos
Maitland-Niles - Aouar

GDeep™

League is very weak
I know this window doesn’t close till October, but this Partey thing has been going on for months already.

He’s not a big player, it’s not a big fee. Chelsea signed Werner even when his team was still in the CL.

You really want to start the season with Torreira? Guy is awful.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Partey - Xhaka - Ceballos midfield is horrendous. No creativity whatsoever.

Can't rely on Ceballos as a creative 8.

It makes more sense to play:

Xhaka/Ceballos
Partey - Saka/ESR/Willian

That provides a lot more balance.

My preference would still go to Aouar, even though I highly rate Partey.

Xhaka/Ceballos
Maitland-Niles - Aouar

Any midfield with Xhaka and Ceballos in a 3 is pretty rank.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Definitely Partey over Aouar imo.

Partey Xhaka
Özil
Willian Auba Nelson
In attack->
AMN Partey Xhaka
Willian Özil Auba Nelson Saka/KT​

That’s probably our best/most balanced lineup with Partey.

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member
Partey!
There has been very little mention of us being intrested in Aouar anyway.
Think our midfield will be Xhaka, Partey and Willian as the 10 next season.

I think I don't have a preference. If we get Partey, great! If we get Auorar, great!

They are different but I think they will both take our midfield up-level in their own way!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Aouar would be a brilliant signing but I think City will be after him especially if he has a masterclass tonight.

Don’t they need a replacement for David Silva in their squad or is Foden doing that?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Aouar would be a brilliant signing but I think City will be after him especially if he has a masterclass tonight.

Don’t they need a replacement for David Silva in their squad or is Foden doing that?

Pep said Foden is doing that but you never know with City.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I love Aouar but I am afraid that he is not what we really need right now, therefore, I picked Partey.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Clearly works in a two but only with a back 5. But a back 5 against smaller teams is dumb.

Would rather skip on Ceballos and sign an Aouar type.
Against 3 teams in the league in a very negative setup warranted by short-term ****tiness.

Agree with you though

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
c7NJRa2.gif

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Ceballos and Partey would be fantastic business. These two in and AMN as a squad option.

Torreria, Guendouzi and El Nenny out.

Partey, Xhaka, Ceballos, AMN, Willock, ESR, Özil and Willian is very decent.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom