• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 10/11 - race for the title

Where will Arsenal finish in the league this year?

• First

Votes: 96 38.7%
  • Second

Votes: 52 21.0%
  • Third

Votes: 70 28.2%
  • Fourth

Votes: 22 8.9%
  • Fifth or lower

Votes: 8 3.2%

• Total voters

Spork

Established Member
Yea, I am happy for us to just finish the season well, I mean sure we may still only finish third, but what else can we do?

Last night when I saw DJ go down - at first I thought 'Oh that is just not cool' but then I thought that it doesn't matter, I mean our next games are pretty well dead rubber matches. It is highly unlikely that City will catch us now, and it isn't very likely that Chelsea will lose two matches.

Even if next week ends in a draw, they still need to at least draw another match for us to get past them. I'd say it's best for United to win next week by a few goals, and we will need to also win by a few goals in order to at least get even on GD with Chelsea.

Probably won't happen though.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Spork said:
Yea, I am happy for us to just finish the season well, I mean sure we may still only finish third, but what else can we do?

Last night when I saw DJ go down - at first I thought 'Oh that is just not cool' but then I thought that it doesn't matter, I mean our next games are pretty well dead rubber matches. It is highly unlikely that City will catch us now, and it isn't very likely that Chelsea will lose two matches.

Even if next week ends in a draw, they still need to at least draw another match for us to get past them. I'd say it's best for United to win next week by a few goals, and we will need to also win by a few goals in order to at least get even on GD with Chelsea.

God no, would prefer us to finish 3rd and Chelsea to win the title than to finish 2nd and Man U win the title.

Druid

1macca1 said:
Spork said:

God no, would prefer us to finish 3rd and Chelsea to win the title than to finish 2nd and Man U win the title.

Same. The thought of those **** winning the title makes me sick.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Newcastle away, Sp**s at home, Liverpool at home and Bolton away to my eyes those are the games that were most significant in terms of losing out on the title.

We were in winning positions in all bar one of those games (Bolton) but we literally handed the initiative to the opposition and allowed them to come right back at us.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Y va marquer said:
Newcastle away, Sp**s at home, Liverpool at home and Bolton away to my eyes those are the games that were most significant in terms of losing out on the title.

We were in winning positions in all bar one of those games (Bolton) but we literally handed the initiative to the opposition and allowed them to come right back at us.

To be honest we almost did that on Sunday as well ,it was almost like OMG we are in the lead instead of controlling the game we actually sat further and further back.

Y va marquer

Established Member
That's true Celestis.
Though I thought we did defend a lot better yesterday (I suppose that's stating the obvious seeing as we didn't concede a goal :) ).

We had some good luck for a change yesterday as well.
I guess it showed how slim the margins have been between winning, drawing and losing for us this season.

outlaw_member

Established Member
celestis said:
Y va marquer said:

To be honest we almost did that on Sunday as well ,it was almost like OMG we are in the lead instead of controlling the game we actually sat further and further back.

This is a problem that has plagued us for years. I only recall the Man City victory earlier in the season where we took a lead, and then controlled the rest of the game by starving them of possession. For a team that is hell-bent on keeping the ball, it's ridiculous just how defensive we can become when leading a game. That is by far the best time to do our tippy tappy routine, but that is when we least witness it. For me, that comes down to a lack of guidance and experience, and Cesc especially has been guilty of not slowing down the play and taking the sting out of the game.

Anzac

Established Member
Also wasn't that win at City v 10 after 5 minutes????

In those circumstances when we have a lead & are looking to retain possession & dictate play etc, that is when Cesc should be playing as a CM & not as AM.

Shue

Established Member
Guardian sport
@guardian_sport Guardian sport
Sir Alex Ferguson welcomes appointment of Howard Webb for Chelsea game gu.com/p/2zqqc/tw via @guardian

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Man Utd fans are also over the moon at Webbs appointment; not that they think they get any preferential treatment from the Manc loving ****, naturally. They just love his bald head and commando style running action...

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Webb appointed for the Manc Chelsea game :lol:

Oh dear lord, I hope Chelsea play out of their skins and pick up three points.

caek

I'm not sure who to go for in the Utd/Chelsea game. I'd rather aim for 2nd place now, it's a more reasonable target than the league (at this stage anyways) and for that to happen, we need Chelsea to lose.

Sure, that means Utd win the league but what would people rather have, Utd winning the league and Arsenal finishing runners-up, or Chelsea winning it?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We're not winning the league, so it simply has to be Chelsea all the way.

Man Utd to lose it from here, followed by a schooling from Barca would ram those 'bottling' jibes sideways down their throats.

I'm not even sure winning the CC would have given me as much pleasure as seeing this happen.

Spork

Established Member
The Jury said:

Man Utd to lose it from here, followed by a schooling from Barca would ram those 'bottling' jibes sideways down their throats.

I'm not even sure winning the CC would have given me as much pleasure as seeing this happen.

Haha I hope you are not serious?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
The Jury said:

I can't wait for this. It will be a beautiful moment.

Y va marquer

Established Member
The Jury said:

Edit: I quoted this post in a reply but my part disappeared!

For the record, I'd take the CC any day over watching Man U lose out on the title to Chelsea.
I see that as just a small event that makes the outcome of the season just a fraction less unbearable.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
celestis said:

A side effect of our inconsistent performances in front of goal perhaps?

In addition to the need to introduce a strong mentality into the first team and coaching staff do we need someone up front who will convert our chances. Just as a poor goal keeper rattles through a defense and team does a poor finisher or weak one rot things from the front, back.

Spork

Established Member
Hahahaha @ City.

Now we need them to be caught up in some scandal against Tottenscrumb and Lpool will be on their way to fourth, which I don't care about, but I do care about City failing.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom