• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2015/16: 2nd of 92 clubs in England

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

Mastadon

Established Member
The saddest thing for me in all of this has been the transformation of Wenger from a winning manager with the midas touch and a sore loser who would never admit defeat and refused to shake hands after losing games into this tired old man who just comes up with the same nonsense for every defeat and seems to have accepted that failure is ok as long as certain principles are adhered to. He's like the king from lord of the rings who was possessed and went crazy until gandalf came to free him.

You look at him sitting on the sidelines when his team is playing like **** and losing games and he seems bewildered as if he actually expects them to go out and perform like the invincibles. He's completely deluded himself and has become his own worst enemy.

Banks

I think we need a manager in the mould of Simeone because u can see the passion in the man and you can see the same passion rubbing of his players and that never say die attitude when playing and giving absolutely everything to win a game but Wenger attitude of excuses has rubbed on our players were they look for someone or scenario to blame like referee or even the opposition manner of play. The club should show ambition and search for a new manager that is hungrier and ambitious. Wenger thank you for the memories but it's now time to look forward to the future for my beloved Club.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Who will finish in the top four of the Premier League? Our writers have their say

I have a sneaky suspicion that Arsenal could miss out with Man City definitely in.

I've never known the fans turn like this, most have given up hope, not least with Arsène Wenger and that creates a massive problem and can be difficult, almost suffocating environment to play football in.

John Cross

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/who-finish-top-four-premier-7778591

Jamrock

Definitely the team lacks balance. Wenger just buys players on impulse because they are available instead of what we need.. The players might be big names and good but like it or not they are all castoffs / discarded etc they come with all the limitations that were the reasons for them being sold in the first place.. sorry.

We need players that will fit instead of just going for big names just because they played for Barca, chelsea, united, madrid etc

Look, Özil, Sanchez, Cech, Welbeck etc all very good players no doubt, but all dropped by other clubs for a reason.

Cech: Amazing keeper but was second choice and chelsea fans had been saying he dropped off after that head injury. He struggles with shots where he has to down low etc..

Sanchez: Barcelona fans kept saying he is not a Barca type, he was not technically / intelligent enough for what they expected. Poor passing, link up and plays as an individual, mostly cutting in and taking shots..

Welbeck: An honest journey man, gives you his all but that's about it. Never scored more than 10 goals in the league all his career so far, poor technical ability and intelligence etc..

Özil: Good support player but not strong enough mentally, can be anonymous, not a big game player, does not score enough goals etc.

So then wenger just pick them up with all their faults and ask them to make a team. Then add in the wenger types "Ramsey, Flamini, Walcott, Arteta, Giroud, The OX, etc).

I think this is why we are so disjointed, we are playing different formations, moving players from one position to another etc, all because wenger did not plan for the players he bought, so he is struggling to get the best out of them..

Jamrock

Who will finish in the top four of the Premier League? Our writers have their say

I have a sneaky suspicion that Arsenal could miss out with Man City definitely in.

I've never known the fans turn like this, most have given up hope, not least with Arsène Wenger and that creates a massive problem and can be difficult, almost suffocating environment to play football in.

John Cross

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/who-finish-top-four-premier-7778591
Since 2007 dodgy lasagna scandal season John Cross has been predicting Sp**s to over take Arsenal in the Top 4.

I think he sits on the fence too much when it comes to Arsenal and wenger. One time he is saying wenger has still got it in him, then another time not sure about Wenger. Then he predicts we will be out of the Top 4 most seasons and then in the middle or near the end of each season he comes out and says we are definitely nailed on for Top 4 and have a chance for the title, wenger doing a good job blah blah....

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Liverpool were slated under Rodgers effectively hounded out the door. Once the media turn they turn, Mourinho got it bit only because he stopped winning and became a joke toward the end. Much like Wenger. There is huge respect for what he done but the present and recent past is now longer than the distant past.

Here we are once again in a battle for top four. It's enough for some players who can't or won't get any better but players with aspirations won't put up with it for long.

Yes it seems all managers days are numbered after a run of bad results and once the media turn like you say theres rarely a way back unless you dont something exceptional like Nigel Pearson last year! However I think with Arsenal and Wenger its different even back 15 years hen e were dominating the likes of Viera and Petit constantly getting dug out for being 'thug-like', Theo Walcott this week in the mirror is getting stick for being too 'tame' and 'nice', whenever Arsenal get a bad result much more is made of it, Ex players like Nasri, Merson and Stewart Robson hating on us, Mourinhos constant jibes. It just makes me think why always us? Lool even google in right now 'why do the media hate' and the first name that comes up is surprise surprise Arsenal.

We are in a battle for top 4, its very disappointing that we couldn't really sustain our challenge and a lot needs to be analysed in the summer but I dont think its a case of certain players letting the team down due to their lack of improvements but more their lack of playing time with each other which limits the opportunity to build combination play and understanding on the field.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

tim08

I remember the last game of the 03/04 season where we beat Leicester 2-1 at Highbury to confirm our status as the unbeatable champions. I can still clearly see Bergkamp's delicious through ball to Vieira who took the ball round the keeper and slid the ball into the empty net.

If somebody had told you that day at Highbury that the team in Blue would next win the title before the team in red and white, then they would have been laughed out the stadium.

Christ this is so very, very, very painful.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
2007/8 was the ultimate bottle job - another season where we could have won so much (CL & EPL) and won ziltch. Anyone remember the CL 1/4 final against Liverpool 2-2 & going through with 5 mins to play and lose 4-2. Another situation where Arsenal flail to keep a lead and bottle it.

2013/14 on was full of hope according to Wenger, the financial restraints were off but we kept seeing the SAME OLD mistakes, the SAME OLD injury issues and the SAME OLD results, leading to the SAME OLD end of season position 3rd or 4th. We did win a couple of FA Cups but those successes have in no way been built on as can be seen by our decreasing end of season points tally in both years following our FA Cup triumphs.

The press are on our case because even they have had ENOUGH of the SAME OLD excuses.

Wenger's cried wolf one too many times and the press, contrary to your opinion, who have been extremely patient with him, have now given up the ghost.

"From 2014 till now the teams been unable to sustain a title challenge for various reasons including Injuries & setbacks, tactical naivety from the coach and inconsistent team identity."

You could add from 2005 till now.

Wenger's had enough time & enough $$ to put together a squad capable of challenging for the league title & the CL - he hasn't & can't. End of.

A lot in football and how a football fan perceives certain things come down to individual opinion, thats the way its always been so the way I view aspects can be different to you or other supporters.

The summer of 2007 nobody gave us a chance and pundits predicted e would finish outside the top 4 because we'd sold off experienced personnel in the squad but Wenger and a very young team rose to the challenge and played some of the best passing football this countries ever seen. Your correct we did bottle it in certain matches and I was unimpressed with Wengers management skills that season specifically but when you consider the age of that team, who we were competing against and the expectations of us at the start I dont see that season as a failure, e finished 3 points off the greatest a Manchester United team and 2 points off the a formidable Chelsea pumped with plenty of finances whilst we were in the midst of transition.

Things had changed by 2014 as the club was detached from its financial restraints but unfortunately an exceptional number of injuries that still cripple this squad to this day prevented us from going all the way. Like you say we won the cup, ended our drought thus I didn't really complain at the end of the campaign but unfortunately the following years we haven't built on that success primarily because too many squad members are being treated alongside each other often at key periods of a season and when the teams battling on four fronts this is obviously going to affect the team. We aren't talking about 2 or 3 players missing which was the case from 2005-2012, but 9 even 10 players all out for consecutive weeks together and there isn't a squad in the world who could cope with such a vast number of casualties therefore this is the main reason behind us not winning the league from 2013. Anything before then 2005-2012 is irrelevant because our objectives each campaign wasn't to win the league.

From what I remember the seasons Arsenal have lost the league chiefly because of a lack of bottle were 1996-97, 1998-99 and that dreadful end to the 2002-2003 season. Any other season, where the team started out as title challengers but failed to battle all the way was not mainly down to a lack of character and spirit.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
If I can be bothered, I'll try and compare the rate of bottling in the last 10 years with the first 8 or 9 years of Wenger's reign.

Spare your time, we've always bottled under Wenger, it's just that the competition around us improved over the last decade which made that bottling worse.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm actually tempted to count the bottle jobs that have been perpetrated by Arsenal over the last 10 odd years, going to need a book.
Here you go mate, follow this thread. Basically like @Rex Banner 's but it has EVERY bottle job in the emirates era.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom