• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2015/16: 2nd of 92 clubs in England

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

Mastadon

Established Member
I'm going to admit that this season, ranieri has inspired me more than wenger has in YEARS. Yes, i know leicester have some utter dislikable ****s in their team but when i look at some of our lads, they just as ****ish in different ways, not enough fight, refusing to give 50% let alone 100%, they may appear more intelligent and eloquent during their useless interviews but if anything, they're bigger soulless money grabbers.

Ranieri though, he's been rediculed by his peers, by the media, if you look what he has acheived with leicester this season, just like wenger all those years ago with the invincibles, a feat of this magnitude in current circumstances will probably never be replicated, what are the odds another team who's just narrowly escaped relegation with a miniscule budget will become champions a year later? Never going to happen again.

In footy management terms though, he's managed to get a band of rag tag nobodies to gel, show immense work rate, discipline on a consistent basis, he's managed to get vardy to score them at least 20 goals, he brought nobodies from nothing leagues in mahrez and kante and now they're champions. He's managed to get ****ing wes morgan and huth to be absolutely rock solid, filthy and dirty and to take no prisoners, there've been times they've reminded me of keown and campbell. I mean, who the **** is a albrighton, kasper schmeichel's biggest acheivement until now was being his father's son, he's now a champion.

How can you not feel for the man? Top class.

Have a read.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/claudio-ranieri-leicester-city-premier-league/

Great post. I always liked Ranieri he's a great character but he was a loser as a manager. All the big clubs he was at and not a single league title and to make things worse Mourinho completely beat up on him for him after taking over his team. The man was just a loveable loser but my god he's just knocked out Apollo Creed here. Absolutely delighted for him one of the best people in football.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I think eveyone liked Ranieri in the premier league from his time at Chelsea, he always had that loveable eccentric uncle thing about him. So many clique underdog stories within Leicester's team let alone the club winning the league.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Mourinho was viciously cruel to Ranieri as well always pointing out his failures as a manager. Ranieri lifting the PL in the same season Mourinho got sacked for trying to relegate last years champions is just so so sweet.

He called him an Italian Loser, didn't he?

Mourinho has some serious issues!

Lancelot

Established Member
http://untold-arsenal.com/archives/52485

Thought this was a good read to be honest. It spells out the two camps at the moment, it is biased towards one side but in making its points it does ask some interesting questions.

Have a read.
Personally, I find this bit pretty out of touch with reality, especially when the very manager in question was an unknown quantity when he first arrived here:

"Research and expose the actual effects of the changes that the other group want – such as the most likely outcome in changing a manager or buying a high profile or high cost player."

No one knows otherwise and, sometimes, the only way we can have better understanding of the past is to go through change. For me, as long as our current manager is already given enough time to do his work, I can always accept a change for the worse. No regrets.

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the future." -- John F. Kennedy

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I wouldn't describe the season as poor tbf just not good enough. The loses to West Brom and Swansea and about 3 too many draws (particularly Norwich) is what did it for me. Those 12 points might well have won us the league.
Not poor, we just won **** all after being favourites for the league, played like school children in yet another CL jolly up, and went out to ****ing Watford at home in the FA Cup. We're also about to finish behind Sp**s for the first time since the good king died.

When has it EVER been as bad as this under Wenger? Not ****ing poor?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

The 'what if we had won this and this game' is honestly a truly pointless argument, because it is the same for every damn team in the league.

If Leicester hadn't conceded against us in injury time, they would have been 12 points ahead of us now. So ****ing what? Every team screws up in certain games, which they should have won. That's the sport and that's the reality.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Great post. I always liked Ranieri he's a great character but he was a loser as a manager. All the big clubs he was at and not a single league title and to make things worse Mourinho completely beat up on him for him after taking over his team. The man was just a loveable loser but my god he's just knocked out Apollo Creed here. Absolutely delighted for him one of the best people in football.
A loveable loser that beat the best Arsenal team ever in the CL 1/4 finals - **** ff!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The 'what if we had won this and this game' is honestly a truly pointless argument, because it is the same for every damn team in the league.
There's that as well, but I couldn't even be arsed to go over the painfully obvious. "It would have been better if we won more games and drew less..."

****ing really? :eek:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I'm going to admit that this season, ranieri has inspired me more than wenger has in YEARS. Yes, i know leicester have some utter dislikable ****s in their team but when i look at some of our lads, they just as ****ish in different ways, not enough fight, refusing to give 50% let alone 100%, they may appear more intelligent and eloquent during their useless interviews but if anything, they're bigger soulless money grabbers.

Ranieri though, he's been rediculed by his peers, by the media, if you look what he has acheived with leicester this season, just like wenger all those years ago with the invincibles, a feat of this magnitude in current circumstances will probably never be replicated, what are the odds another team who's just narrowly escaped relegation with a miniscule budget will become champions a year later? Never going to happen again.

In footy management terms though, he's managed to get a band of rag tag nobodies to gel, show immense work rate, discipline on a consistent basis, he's managed to get vardy to score them at least 20 goals, he brought nobodies from nothing leagues in mahrez and kante and now they're champions. He's managed to get ****ing wes morgan and huth to be absolutely rock solid, filthy and dirty and to take no prisoners, there've been times they've reminded me of keown and campbell. I mean, who the **** is a albrighton, kasper schmeichel's biggest acheivement until now was being his father's son, he's now a champion.

How can you not feel for the man? Top class.

Have a read.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/claudio-ranieri-leicester-city-premier-league/
Ironic that the year Mourinho gets sacked, Ranieri wins the title. Lovely read. Ranieri always seemed like one of the true nice guys of football. Happy for him in what he has achieved with Leicester - he's worked hard for this no doubt,

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom