• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 16 (Dec 9 & 10)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,143
  • Views 26,595

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Cash handled the ball in the box. It was a penalty. The ball hitting Havertz afterwards is irrelevant. The referee had no view of the ball hitting Havertz in the hand mind you so there's no way he made that call in good faith. It was a guess. VAR should have awarded the penalty after spotting the handball on Cash prior to it hitting Havertz. The only person who looks dumb is you trying to justify Arsenal getting robbed on an Arsenal forum to be contrarian.

Think it'd be deemed too close to Cash and his hand is in a natural position. The rule is a mess tho because Havertz and Cash both touched it in a similar way but one is deemed foul and the other isn't.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Think it'd be deemed too close to Cash and his hand is in a natural position. The rule is a mess tho because Havertz and Cash both touched it in a similar way but one is deemed foul and the other isn't.
Yeah people are blaming refs on everything. Every goal is carefully looked at no matter what ref does. So even if he gave the goal var would disallow it. As far as Jesus goes if the ref gave it. Var wouldn’t disallow it. There was contact there. But Jesus made more of it. It’s not because of the ref we lost. We couldn’t take our chances

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I watched Saliba be called for a penalty on a ball that Mudryk's head directs into his arm at point blank range. His hand was in a natural position for a player jumping to contest a ball. Still penalized. What I want is consistency. I've seen every other player getting pushed in the back awarded a foul except for Gabriel when it was time to uphold a goal that shouldn't have stood against us. I don't mind the rules of the game, however stupid they may be being applied evenly. They are not though. Any chance to mess with Arsenal PGMOL seems to take.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The funny thing is that rule got changed to any handball that leads to a player directly scoring (intentional or otherwise) because of an Arsenal player scoring.

Think it was Sanchez against Hull, Maguire booted the ball against an unaware Alexis' hand and we scored...the commentators and media wouldn't shut up about it for days, then the refs passed that new rule.

They literally hated us scoring so much, they changed the rules over it 😅

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom