• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 35 (April 27-28 & May 2)

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I think City’s dominance will be over when they get heavily punished. Pep isn’t stating if he is under a lengthy travel ban or is relegated. I think these are two mist likely outcomes. You don’t go public with 115 charges to slap them on the wrist and make football and FA get a giant black eye. We are well positioned because the other big clubs are in turmoil.
I hope they are punished heavily. Whatever your thoughts on the rules and whether you believe its just a way for the traditional teams to protect their position at the top of the hierarchy, City violated the rules at a level that other sides (apart from maybe Chelsea) did not, hence, gave themselves an unfair advantage that was not afforded to other teams. It is still supporting their dominance now.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I hope they are punished heavily. Whatever your thoughts on the rules and whether you believe its just a way for the traditional teams to protect their position at the top of the hierarchy, City violated the rules at a level that other sides (apart from maybe Chelsea) did not, hence, gave themselves an unfair advantage that was not afforded to other teams. It is still supporting their dominance now.
I think politically it very difficult to let them off with a slap on the wrist. Especially when you charge them so publicly and extensively and punish teams like Everton severely for a fraction of what City are charged with. Pep is not staying and a lot of stars will leave if relegation or lengthy transfer ban occurs. No dynasty lasts forever and City look indestructible but so did other clubs at their Zenith.

I think they are also guilty of bribery or undue influence of officials beyond the FFp violations. The conspiracy theorist in me tells me that this FFP investigation is not the only thing influencing the FA into taking a hard line

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool had season when they had 97 points still finished 2nd. My head would be gone if that happened to Arsenal not once but twice

You'd probably switch to watching Az-Zawra'a full time as I would do the same with Al-Qadsiyah :lol:

Diesel

Established Member
Nah, Pep is the emperors new clothes. He's never managed a team that wasn't already brilliant and didn't have an unlimited budget. People think he's a genius for it. I'll reserve judgement till he takes a team that isn't doing well and turns it around.
Fair enough

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Nah, Pep is the emperors new clothes. He's never managed a team that wasn't already brilliant and didn't have an unlimited budget. People think he's a genius for it. I'll reserve judgement till he takes a team that isn't doing well and turns it around.
It's something I'd like to see. Jose was his predecessor and with a reduced Utd and Roma, didn't come close to anything more than a cup. The two biggest cheque book managers ever.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I guess we low key want Sp**s to beat Chelsea? A Sp**s loss here all but guarantees them missing out on CL.

As much as possible we want CL to be up for grabs when Sp**s host City, no?

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I guess we low key want Sp**s to beat Chelsea? A Sp**s loss here all but guarantees them missing out on CL.

As much as possible we want CL to be up for grabs when Sp**s host City, no?
Yeah pretty much, we need Sp**s to want to play for something against City. An ideal world they go into the City game motivated and win but still miss out on top 4 but unlike Sp**s fans we care more about our own success than the failure of our rivals. So if Sp**s beat City and we win the league, who cares if they make CL because of it.

dino bravo

Established Member

I can't bring myself to root for Sp*rs. F*ck them
As difficult as it will be, the ****s winning will be the best result. It will probably be an entertaining game whatever, as legitimately either team could win 4-1. Niether in good form and both very inconsistent.

It's just nice that we are so clear of both, bring on the chaos.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom