• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 1 Brentford | Saturday 9th March | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalBrentford2122.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144112-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144142-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144223-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144201-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144305-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144331-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144356-Chrome.jpg

lineup.png

Screenshot-20240305-143932-Chrome.jpg

Prediction

Arsenal 4-0 Brentford

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Not sure about that if Jorginho is starting to be fit from the niggles. It's good to keep the winning team starting, and keep the momentum.

You can substitute Partey in early like at 65 minutes in the last game.

Newcastle game was 24.2.2024, Sheffield was 4.3.2024 and Brentford will be 9.3.2024. If he plays 45-65 minutes in those last two games, I think he can easily start the Porto game on 12.3.2024.

But your suggestion isn't that bad either, will be interesting.

Arteta has said that Jorginho was managing a foot/ankle issue so I'm weary of him playing 3 games in 8 days but happy for him to start if it means we can manage his minutes.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It's another must win isn't it, but that's true for all the contenders atm. Toney getting in behind is the thing to watch and they'll probably throw a blanket over the box so we might need a set piece or a penalty. They have powerful runners so I'd like Rice to have a bit of support to help at both ends.

Halcyon Daze

It's another must win isn't it, but that's true for all the contenders atm. Toney getting in behind is the thing to watch and they'll probably throw a blanket over the box so we might need a set piece or a penalty. They have powerful runners so I'd like Rice to have a bit of support to help at both ends.
Will probably see Rice in a slightly more advanced role again to be honest, as has been the trend. Feel that will be harnessed at City, Sp**s and United, potentially other games depending how things pan out.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Maybe Partey or Elneny should start
Partey should not be risked to start yet, and won't.

Hard to see Arteta risking the momentum by starting Elneny, if Jorginho is otherwise fit. Or he starts Havertz in midfield.

For me it's much more important to get a good lead in the first half, and then coast the match more later. That way you can rest best players later in the match, and overall the players can rest more if you take an early lead.

The Porto game comes fast, so Arsenal should go strong and score a couple goals like they have had great first halves in recent times.

sub_sub

I expect Ramsdale will be starting this game due to loan conditions, which could be interesting. Could very well be his last game.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Toney would want to make an impression so I hope Saliba is well prepared

GoonerJay24

Partey should not be risked to start yet, and won't.

Hard to see Arteta risking the momentum by starting Elneny, if Jorginho is otherwise fit. Or he starts Havertz in midfield.

For me it's much more important to get a good lead in the first half, and then coast the match more later. That way you can rest best players later in the match, and overall the players can rest more if you take an early lead.

The Porto game comes fast, so Arsenal should go strong and score a couple goals like they have had great first halves in recent times.

Thing is, we rarely play the same way when Rice is the pivot. It's obvious tye team benefits more from a double pivot set-up. Brentford are a decent team.

drippin

Thing is, we rarely play the same way when Rice is the pivot. It's obvious tye team benefits more from a double pivot set-up. Brentford are a decent team.
Yeah, that's why I would start Jorginho and try to get a good lead. You can substitute Partey or Elneny in if you lead by at least two goals.

It would be good to overpower from the start like the past few games. It would bring confidence for the Porto game to do the same.

drippin

Think this should be a tougher match than we have had in the past few, specially with the CL on the horizon.
Brentford isn't exactly flying, like Newcastle wasn't, and both have injuries also. Similar level away teams. With Arsenal's form I'm not very worried.

Even if Arsenal is flying now, I think the post-ponement of the Chelsea game wasn't that bad. Arsenal doesn't have to rotate so much in these games now, and can give it all in the Porto game with no worries or need to sub out best players.

All players are also on the brink of returning to fitness, so even if the season is more congested later, it's expected that Arsenal finally has proper quality depth this season at that point.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Light werk Brentford are terrible atm, more stat padding for the boys 💪

(Disclaimer: some might treat it like an audition and raise their game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom