• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspurs | Sunday 24th September | KO: 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Pep can make do without a bunch of his starters. It’s the strength of his squad but also knowing how to get the best out of it and rotating more frequently.

Mikel has shown here that he can’t do those things. He was forced to play Nketiah because of Jesus’ injury at the start of the season so he wanted to stick with Eddie. Even if that meant shifting Gabi to the wing. Nelson was a much better fit and closest to Martinelli/Trossard’s profiles. But he Galaxy brained it and we looked poor in attack.

Diesel

Emotions are high I see. Thursday people were buzzing, now it's buzzkill. The season is only 6 games in. Lots of soccer to play, and the best part? Arsenal hasn't played well but has stayed undefeated. I'd like for this team to start cooking in November and peak by mid March

Metrics and eye test... missing something in the team. One of fabio or kai gotta secure that cm spot

bergholt

Eddie was our worst performer today and I can’t believe he wasn’t hooked off.

Problem with Eddie is he's a poacher, so he's always going to do nothing until suddenly he scores. It means you can't take him off if he's doing nothing, because that's what you expected when you started him.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Most disappointing thing for me about the game was our attack. I was hoping we were turning a corner after PSV, and thought against a team that went toe to toe with us, we would create chances.

We are 12th in the league for chances created. This is why we are all losing our mind when Jesus or Havetz miss a chance; if we were creating more chances like last yr, it wouldn't be crucial.

Jesus back to the centre for sure, I would like the see the difference in goals/chances/xG when he plays there.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So all players bar Timber will be fit for Man City. So much for the nervous cries of injury crisis.
Partey is still doubtful for City. Many players miss 4 games overall so it is an injury crisis, albeit not for not a long period. Especially as two best LW's are out at the same time.

IrishGooner93

It's early days but feel deflated for the season ahead to be honest. I've been saying we would start slow and become a better team than last as the season wore on but I'm already doubting that. Moreso cause the way the team is conceding goals and dropping points. Everton and psv felt like a step forward and then Sp**s two steps back.
You just don't drop games like Fulham and Sp**s the way we did at home if you're a serious side. There's something lacking mentally , it was too evident in last years run in and unfortunately it hasn't resolved this year.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Problem with Eddie is he's a poacher, so he's always going to do nothing until suddenly he scores. It means you can't take him off if he's doing nothing, because that's what you expected when you started him.
Whilst I agree with the premise of your post, I think that the game was calling out for Jesus’ ability to hold onto the ball and make it stick in their final third. When he went off, it turned into a very transitional game that we easily could have lost.

Jesus also shares that ability to sniff out a chance and I’d argue he probably would have scored at the back post on that corner where Eddie lazily didn’t make the run.

ksarp

I actually think long term its gonna be Ode - Rice - Partey with Vieira and Kai as utility forwards.
I am inclined to agree. The thought of Rice at the 8 is scary. Kai and Vieira duke it out. At some point ESR has to come in for Ode though.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Don't know why I left it late, but I don't see it with Brennan Johnson.

That's 4 matches now ( 3 with Forest, one with Sp**s) where he's failed to test our defence.

Good player but certainly nowhere near £50 million price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom