• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspurs | Sunday 24th September | KO: 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
What really irks me now thinking about it is that we had an awful referee and Tierney on VAR and they had a pretty decent match. There was no dodgy penalty awarded to the Spuds. They didn't fall for any of the diving or nonsense. Hell, they even let Nketiah off the hook for that moronic challenge that could easily have been a red and yet we failed to capitalize on this rare fair refereeing and instead coughed up 2 leads needlessly. The maturity and poise that we saw from this team in the first half of last season is totally gone and I don't know when it will come back.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Btw,

The pen on Romero was a ****ing stonewaller. What's there to discuss? Was it intentional, no, but handballs never are. The ball his his outstretched arm before it went in the back of the net. How can the referee NOT give that? This is a non-argument IMO.

Romero's reaction was telling too. He knew he'd ****ed up.

Should have been a red card too.

Rat face Neville of course couldn’t help but show his hatred for us.

Energoto

As it looks right now we arent in the race for the title, Liverpool are more consistent than we are.

But its still early on in the season, and as we've seen with City last year, we still have time to pick up our performances and the needed consistency to compete.

But we're likely a top 4 team at best right now, and that's really frustrating, after the good season last year.
Yeah, fair enough, although Liverpool has only played dogshite teams, and their win against Newcastle was a freak result
I would say we are still superior to them, but not really a title contender
It will be a cake walk for City as it stands

Synical

Miss Superstitious

What really irks me now thinking about it is that we had an awful referee and Tierney on VAR and they had a pretty decent match. There was no dodgy penalty awarded to the Spuds. They didn't fall for any of the diving or nonsense. Hell, they even let Nketiah off the hook for that moronic challenge that could easily have been a red and yet we failed to capitalize on this rare fair refereeing and instead coughed up 2 leads needlessly. The maturity and poise that we saw from this team in the first half of last season is totally gone and I don't know when it will come back.
It's not totally gone. Did you watch the PSV match?

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Don't know if its Arteta or the players but the mentality after we score a goal is always off. They always become nervous and can't string passes together, you always sense a brainfart from one of them too

I wanted the game to end 2-2 because I have no doubt if we scored again they'll allow Sp**s to equalise somehow

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Btw,

The pen on Romero was a ****ing stonewaller. What's there to discuss? Was it intentional, no, but handballs never are. The ball hit his outstretched arm before it went in the back of the net. How can the referee NOT give that? This is a non-argument IMO.

Romero's reaction was telling too. He knew he'd ****ed up.

It is stonewall because if it doesn't hit his hand it's point blank back of the net . Anywhere else on the pitch that is a free kick .

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Main takeaways:
-Arsenal struggle with buildup centrally, the lads seem to suggest because Rice cannot receive with his back to goal so he has to go a bit wide in the buildup phase so we struggle to create chances through central buildup. xG midtable.

-Pressing was very good, Jesus wide was a tactical decision for pressing reasons so he could come in to try and nip the ball as in with his chance.

-Sp**s were excellent at baiting us with their buildup and then generating situations where they could bypass our press and have numbers running toward our defence almost like a counter-attack situation but generated through possession. Their press was also decent but our buildup didn't help.

- Our main problem is the same, our buildup has changed, we're building wide more.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Main takeaways:
-Arsenal struggle with buildup centrally, the lads seem to suggest because Rice cannot receive with his back to goal so he has to go a bit wide in the buildup phase so we struggle to create chances through central buildup. xG midtable.
You can see why Tricky Micky was playing Partey at RB to invert because certain people are basic footballers.

Great at calling for passes when no one is gonna pass it to them though.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You can see why Tricky Micky was playing Partey at RB to invert because certain people are basic footballers.

Well this is what the lads pointed out, Rice cannot receive with his back to goal, something which Partey is really comfortable at. They're saying we almost have no choice but to play him as the pivot because of his ball winning capabilities and his ability to stop transitions but our buildup has taken a hit. He moves wide a lot in the buildup and then Ødegaard drops into that pivot space.

It's funny tho that these lads have come to the conclusion that this area is our main problem for all the talk about Eddie, Havertz, Jesus wide, etc, these guys have chosen the person who's been getting the most plaudits as one of the key factors as to why we've not been as good. Interesting perspective.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Well this is what the lads pointed out, Rice cannot receive with his back to goal, something which Partey is really comfortable at. They're saying we almost have no choice but to play him as the pivot because of his ball winning capabilities and his ability to stop transitions but our buildup has taken a hit. He moves wide a lot in the buildup and then Ødegaard drops into that pivot space.

It's funny tho that these lads have come to the conclusion that this area is our main problem for all the talk about Eddie, Havertz, Jesus wide, etc, these guys have chosen the person who's been getting the most plaudits as one of the key factors as to why we've not been as good. Interesting perspective.
Can you think of anyone else who was saying this before we even signed him?

Remember you said this.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It's not totally gone. Did you watch the PSV match?
I'm not speaking about matches where everything is going our way. I'm speaking about how we cope with adversity. Last season in this fixture we conceded a cheap equalizer on a dodgy penalty call and then retook the lead for good. There was no letting them back into the game again once we got back on top.

Up until the final third of last season when the wheels fell off we didn't tend to compound mistakes in the same match after the loss at Old Trafford. When we went behind we tended to answer immediately and when we took the lead we tended to win.

We coughed up 2 leads yesterday and did not cope well at all with the positive spells where the Spuds gained some control. That's what's different to most of last season. The PSV match was thoroughly enjoyable but it was plain sailing. We didn't have to respond to anything. Yesterday felt like throwing away 2 points like West Ham and Liverpool in the run in last season. We need the maturity and composure to return or these uneven performances will continue to cost us points and against City in particular will result in more humiliation.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

So basically they’re saying that Partey is technically better. We kinda knew that already🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom