• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspurs | Sunday 24th September | KO: 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend14

Established Member
Upon further review.

Not sure how we drew this match. Should have been over at anytime during the match. Sp**s should be happy with the point because they played above expectations, but still not at Arsenal’s level, even when we play mediocre.

Jesus at Left forward was a mistake. He doesn’t play this position and can’t impact the match from there. Dumb. We lost our hold up play.

Eddie at CF was a poor decision. Probably our worse player on the pitch regardless of the workrate. We do not need a poacher, we need someone who can hold up play better. E.g Jesus. Tryout is over. It didn’t work out. Someone tell Arteta.

Vieira is lightweight. Won’t impact such a match. Bad choice by Arteta. Figured it out after 45 wasted minutes. He is a last 15, we are behind, type of player.

White was poor again. Nobody seems to be calling this out. Needed our RB signing. Big loss.

Jorginho is not a solution. Getting worse.Lesson: Don’t be suckered into to buying Chelsea players. Wouldn’t be sad to see him go in Jan. He tried his best to lose this one for us. Better hope Rice recovers fast.

Saliba is going to be world class. Best we had.

Gabriel is going to be world class. Second best player we had.

Saka still excellent. Our primary threat.

Havertz played better than haters saw. Still not an 8 though.

Overall, ok match. Too many careless errors and missed opportunities. Not good enough for top of league, but we’ll compete for top 4.

Get a 9 and an 8 in the Jan window if high quality players are available. Be as ruthless as you were with the keeper situation.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Didn’t post earlier because my head was hot but I’ve had time to process the game now. I’ve supported Arteta from day one and likely always will but there’s no shame in saying that I think he was poor today. He got the majority of the decisions he was forced into due to injuries wrong. Jesus should always be the #9 when he starts, sorry. The gap between him and Eddie in terms of hold up in games like this is just too big. Eddie was our worst performer today and I can’t believe he wasn’t hooked off.

Both of their midfielders got a yellow on the stroke of HT. We should have been trying to dribble through them in transition and force them into fouls in the 2nd half but instead it was controlled, tepid crossball for the entire half. The game was calling for ESR through the middle (or even Saka as an option) but we got neither. Made it way too easy for them and it showed.

Sp**s were decent without being great. We were much below par and still should have won.

Despite everything above - if Rice was fit to play the 2nd half, we would have won. We can’t replace him in that role (although having Partey to come on certainly would have been nice. Having neither of them is just depressing luck).

Haphazard

One thing is for certain we are not going to be competing for the title, big questions should be asked of Arteta on why we look worse from last season.

To be honest in the 2nd half we were without trossard,nelli,rice,partey who could have subbed in or started and we relied on an aging Jorginho.

A bigger concern is why in the month of September are we facing so many injuries already.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
As it looks right now we arent in the race for the title, Liverpool are more consistent than we are.

But its still early on in the season, and as we've seen with City last year, we still have time to pick up our performances and the needed consistency to compete.

But we're likely a top 4 team at best right now, and that's really frustrating, after the good season last year.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
There are injuries but aside from Timber they are all short term. A couple of weeks. Nothing to worry about.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Its such a frustrating game. Its frustrating me this morning as simply put, Sp**s are not that good. They are still a moments team based on moments by Maddison, Son and Kulu.

We are not creating chances with Eddie at CF. Vieira at left 8 was on the floor rolling around. It's obvious. He can't handle the physicality. Do not play him in a battle.

How can Ødegaard have 5 passes completed in the first half? Ødegaard is either playing horribly or the system is so disrupted that it effects everyone. Ødegaard wasn't the only player who was "off".

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

After being being very frustrated yesterday…

Looking back, on another day, we go into half time 3-1 or 4-1 up and it’s another one of those games where we blitz a big team in the first half and the games done.

The one big opportunity was of course Jesus nicking the ball from Maddison, really infuriating.

I think we lack a clinical edge up front all across the front line. Toney in January would be a super smart signing.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I am still seething from that performance yesterday, complete rubbish and not up to standard.

We need to our cutting edge back, it means nothing to smother teams and not convert the chances that come from that smothering. We pushed Sp**s back a great deal and had nothing to show for our good work there. Our goals came from a transition moment and corner situation, both situations courtesy of world class Romero. Also, we need to get our 22/23 team back and that comes back with TP5's return, and later Timber. We need to have that incisive play available to us again, in addition to the more workmanlike setups.

The less said about our goals conceded the better. Those goals alone are a sign that we are not good enough at the moment.

Haphazard

I said before I don't know why people were being so overconfident, yes we can take teams apart if they come to us but for some reason at the emirates we seem incapable of defending.

I think we need to rethink our approach, Arteta wants to establish dominance over teams which can be done without exposing our midfield/fullbacks too much. Every team will now feel they have a chance at nicking a goal because of our mistakes/quality of defence.

Man City don't blow teams out of the water at home 5-0 within 15 mins they are slow and methodical and wear the opposition down, there is almost no excitement because they are so good in terms of managing the flow of the game and momentum, when was the last time a team had sustained pressure on them for over 30 mins in a game?

I think the underlying stats show that we have been dominant in pretty much every game (apart from yesterday) but it's now down to Arteta to get most out of that dominance, if we have 65% possession , 15 shots and over 2.5 xg only to draw 1-1 due to a defensive mistake it won't really matter in the long run.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Despite everything above - if Rice was fit to play the 2nd half, we would have won. We can’t replace him in that role (although having Partey to come on certainly would have been nice. Having neither of them is just depressing luck).

If you have skip through the Partey out transfer rumor thread more than one person has posted that they would prefer Jorginho as the go-to replacement.

Let's play Aubamawang

Back to doubting Arteta. If we don't have his first XI starting we find it a massive struggle to convincingly create chances.

And why the **** do Reiss and Emile never get sufficient minutes?
Totally agree. Reiss would have won us the game if he came on at HT. Took a few minutes for anyone to pass him the ball, but he looked like the most likely player to make things happen.

On a side note, what happened with the corners? Reiss was clearly aiming for the back post where everyone was lined up, yet everyone ran to the front post. That should have been corrected after the first time it happened.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Back to doubting Arteta. If we don't have his first XI starting we find it a massive struggle to convincingly create chances.

And why the **** do Reiss and Emile never get sufficient minutes?
For all the huff and puff we do, we actually have very low shots on target every game. We are too coached in patterns and we are at a stage where players can’t think for themselves as Arteta seem to have too much control in everything they do. Outside of psv our attack have been poor every game

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Personally thought Sp**s where overhyped until yesterday but fair ****s they look a dangerous team already. All I can say is thank **** Kane left or they'd be a serious threat over the next couple of seasons.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Personally thought Sp**s where overhyped until yesterday but fair ****s they look a dangerous team already. All I can say is thank **** Kane left or they'd be a serious threat over the next couple of seasons.
I think they will suffer a lot if Maddison is out, and luckily we all know that he is injury-prone.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Been saying this for months...

we need to get our 22/23 team back

thank-you-the-office.gif

...so now we are all in agreement, I think it's time to just restart this Football Manager save back to last year.

Do everything the same, except when we get to Sporting at home and Arteta tells us he's gonna play Saliba...we can be like...

billy-madison-adam-sandler.gif

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Btw,

The pen on Romero was a ****ing stonewaller. What's there to discuss? Was it intentional, no, but handballs never are. The ball hit his outstretched arm before it went in the back of the net. How can the referee NOT give that? This is a non-argument IMO.

Romero's reaction was telling too. He knew he'd ****ed up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom