• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Chelsea 2 - 2 Arsenal | Saturday 21st October | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

3_new-pic.jpg

Prediction
Chelsea 0-2 Arsenal

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I have this down as a 0-2 in our favour. I'd expect us to be able to field a strong team. Chelsea are poor in the boxes, an issue I think we've had. Problem with them is it's a lot more extreme.

One good game has not changed my mind. Nicolas Jackson will struggle against out back line. Our midfield is better, and we should have Saka back.

Add to this that our away form suffers less lapses than our home. We will not take them lightly, and it'll show.

Tell.

Chelsea are crap, nothing less than a comfortable 3 goal victory is expected.

If we don't beat this Chelsea side it'll be on the players, I'm absolving Mikel of any blame in advance.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Lets finally see what our best team looks like.

Hopefully we show up and perform to our potential, that would be great. Chelsea wont be easy though, they are slowly getting it together.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
They are far from crap. Their underlying numbers are one of the strongest in the league. This will be a tough game.

Ye this has gone under the radar.

They’re underlying stats both in attack and in defence have been way way better than the league table suggests. They’re not that far away from things starting to click, and we may have already seen their lowest point this season.

Still, we’re gonna smash them.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

They have done well, but tbf they have had a fairly kind start to the season fixture list wise
They have played 8 games now, this chart includes first 10 games. The next two are against Arsenal and Brentford, a title challenger and a midtable club, so not the easiest.

Those two are not included yet in the underlying stats they have thus far, and are more difficult games of their first 10 matches. They have played for example Luton, Burnley and Bournemouth from the relegation candidates already.

What I'm saying is that the underlying stats can be quite misleading when the first 8 games might even be almost similar level as Tottenham's schedule of 10 games shown below. Which is clearly the easiest in the whole league.

Yeah they have been quite good apart from finishing and especially defence, but it's not looking good, and I also expect a narrow win, max 2 goals, for Arsenal, not many goals overall.

James looks like coming back for this game, which would be a big boost. But he doesn't really have match sharpness or fitness yet.

first10games.png

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Yayyyy, thanks for the thread! Was waiting impatiently for it to be put up.

I was worrying about this fixture after the Lens game but feel a bit more confident after we smashed Citeh😜

However, Chelsea are very good defensively- have only conceded 7 so far, the same number as City (and us tbf) so it will not be a goal fest. Luckily they have trouble finishing, but they do seem to create a helluva lot of chances.

My prediction: 2-0 to us.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yayyyy, thanks for the thread! Was waiting impatiently for it to be put up.

I was worrying about this fixture after the Lens game but feel a bit more confident after we smashed Citeh😜

However, Chelsea are very good defensively- have only conceded 7 so far, the same number as City (and us tbf) so it will not be a goal fest. Luckily they have trouble finishing, but they do seem to create a helluva lot of chances.

My prediction: 2-0 to us.

Don't mean to nitpick but both us and City have conceded 6 goals (joint best in PL) as of MD8.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Chelsea have started to gel and Jackson is injured. If Arteta gets our tactics right and the players execute, we should win. They're not to be underestimated as they're far from the total shambles they were earlier in the season and have players who can punish any lapses.

Tomb Bombadil

They have played 8 games now, this chart includes first 10 games. The next two are against Arsenal and Brentford, a title challenger and a midtable club, so not the easiest.

Those two are not included yet in the underlying stats they have thus far, and are more difficult games of their first 10 matches. They have played for example Luton, Burnley and Bournemouth from the relegation candidates already
How do they measure, how difficult a match is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom