• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Everton 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 4th, February | KO: 12:30 GMT| BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_everton-arsenal.png

This should be relatively straightforward, the new manager bounce not withstanding.

Screenshot-20230128-152222.png

Screenshot-20230128-152237.png

Screenshot-20230128-152251.png

Screenshot-20230128-152321.png

The starting xi picks itself, unless Partey is not fit enough to start and Lokonga takes his place.

8f9bf26f-4004-49f7-9de4-c9ccf7ca79ae.png

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

nothing wrong with this we won 16 from 20 playing like this but our wingers are isolated and little support Arteta need to change the shape bit more just allow White and Zin to overlap more you can't expect Martinelli to preform wonders when he alone against tow defenders same with Saka.

He BADLY needs Jesus back, all on his own out there these days...that partnership was amazing and Gabby's movement and dribbling really created space for Martinelli.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Over the years, we seem to be the team that catches the 'new manager' bounce more than most.

However, the 'new manager' bounce shows that if a team is well motivated by its manager it can perform above expectation. Doing this once, or for a few games post appointment, is one thing, doing it for an extended period suggests the team have a manager of quality. Motivating people to raise their game once ain't that hard, doing it continually is very, very difficult.

Dyche has done this for one game, and fair play to him. Mikel has done this week in, week out, for far longer.

Winning the league would be awesome. Second would be a major achievement. Top 4 probably would be 'on plan'. Unless we end up in the Europa, I'd say this has been a great season for us.
these things always happen tho manutd lost 3-1 against Emery in first game and Villa before that were dreadful. today we didn't lost because manager bounce yes sure everton look so up from it but we didn't get outplayed or something we just didn't anything to get something from game

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

nothing wrong with this we won 16 from 20 playing like this but our wingers are isolated and little support Arteta need to change the shape bit more just allow White and Zin to overlap more you can't expect Martinelli to preform wonders when he alone against tow defenders same with Saka.

As phenomenal as Zinchenko has been to watch, i do feel the free role has become a bit much of late to the point where Xhaka is made redundant on the pitch. Before Zinchenko used to mix it up a bit more, stay wide as well as drift in, now, he's basically a CM, threading balls between the line and switching the ball to Saka.

Both Martinelli and Xhaka have suffered from an attacking point of view compared to how they were at the start of the season.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He BADLY needs Jesus back, all on his own out there these days...that partnership was amazing and Gabby's movement and dribbling really created space for Martinelli.
Yeah, and I remember those great passes/crosses to Jesus.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
i think we can go without G.Jesus if Arteta change things up offensively during the game specially away from home and at home we won't have issue because it's our ground we know how we move and use space against everton or similar teams who their small pitch it gonna be problem there no much space and teams will force us to try create from the middle instead using width. G.Jesus is important because he can get away from these small spaces

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
As phenomenal as Zinchenko has been to watch, i do feel the free role has become a bit much of late to the point where Xhaka is made redundant on the pitch. Before Zinchenko used to mix it up a bit more, stay wide as well as drift in, now, he's basically a CM, threading balls between the line and switching the ball to Saka.

Both Martinelli and Xhaka have suffered from an attacking point of view compared to how they were at the start of the season.
the free role don't work always away from your ground just mikel insist on it he need to tell Zinchenko to overlap sometimes instead of using middle of pitch to create.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby

Zinchenko was injured for a lot of those 16 wins.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yanited fan asking were Saka is...

...right here bro 🤙

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Disappointing we always seem to struggle at goodison recently.
Tbh as soon as they got rid of Frank & got Dyche in I knew it would be tough.

It has to be said that we were from our best & played them at the absolute worst time imho.

However you have to give them a lot of credit tbf they were super organised & worked their butts off. They pretty much negated our wingers, restricted space in midfield & also managed to maintain a threat going forward,

I think this was the 1st game we really missed Jesus. His trickery & hold up play would have asked another question.
Not saying Eddie was bad but with them doubling up on wingers & restricting our attack so well we needed the number 9 to produce something a bit different.

Not sure they can keep that up week in week out but if they get close to those levels they will have no trouble staying up.

Dyche is kinda the modern day pullis or big Sam.

drippin

Disappointing we always seem to struggle at goodison recently.
Tbh as soon as they got rid of Frank & got Dyche in I knew it would be tough.

It has to be said that we were from our best & played them at the absolute worst time imho.

However you have to give them a lot of credit tbf they were super organised & worked their butts off. They pretty much negated our wingers, restricted space in midfield & also managed to maintain a threat going forward,

I think this was the 1st game we really missed Jesus. His trickery & hold up play would have asked another question.
Not saying Eddie was bad but with them doubling up on wingers & restricting our attack so well we needed the number 9 to produce something a bit different.

Not sure they can keep that up week in week out but if they get close to those levels they will have no trouble staying up.

Dyche is kinda the modern day pullis or big Sam.
Well said. I think Nketiah was quite bad like Martinelli. Worst games from both I think. It's not easy when your striker and LW both have a bad game.

Gooner_girl14

Many were saying that Arsenal should line up with totally 2nd team against City, and only a few said go full strength. That was my impression in AM.

If one of those Trossard shots went in, or the Ake shot didn't, Arsenal would have won. Actually Arsenal were very even with City, while rotating and away from home.

So I think Arteta did very well there, as he also put starting players in from the bench. Personally my lineup prediction was very close and I agreed with it. In that game it looked like Saka had orders not to go in full and avoid injuries etc. Maybe Ake had him in his pocket but I doubt that. I bet Arteta didn't want Saka to show all his tricks.

The games will soon be more often and we will see the strain for other teams very likely. United soon has 2 games against Barcelona for example, which Arteta managed to avoid even with some rotation. And now (or soon hopefully even more) Arsenal has depth.

UEL is more important than FA Cup in my opinion, even the prize money says so and other revenue. City was just a bad draw, but at least Arsenal rather dropped at this point rather than just before the final rounds.

Yeah, the players need to wake up now. You have a good point that it looked like our players were not very match sharp. Arteta is often critiqued about not rotating, but as you can see, it's important for starting players to play ~70 minutes a game in a week if the schedule is not tough yet. AM often misses these kind of nuances of real world football.
Overall I was happy with the performance vs City, but didn't like that we kind of threw it away from the off. We haven't won anything and IMO it's too early to be focusing only on the league. With this young group of players esp, we need a winning mentality and culture to permeate all around. Don't think that happens if you think you're too good for this or that competition. I feel we underestimated Everton today, and that in part is related to thinking we were too good for FA Cup. I'm sure Arteta will nip it in the bud but we need to be more serious all around.

drippin

Overall I was happy with the performance vs City, but didn't like that we kind of threw it away from the off. We haven't won anything and IMO it's too early to be focusing only on the league. With this young group of players esp, we need a winning mentality and culture to permeate all around. Don't think that happens if you think you're too good for this or that competition. I feel we underestimated Everton today, and that in part is related to thinking we were too good for FA Cup. I'm sure Arteta will nip it in the bud but we need to be more serious all around.
I understand, but still I disagree mostly. He didn't throw it away, started Partey for example with Xhaka which was needed for the midfield. He also gave game-time to squad players which can be important. Especially the trust in a big game. They can't feel mistreated now. It wasn't easy for City.

Also Arsenal isn't only focusing on the league. There is Europa League and Arsenal topped the group. It's a big aim and will require depth from the squad. Also the schedule will now be thickening.

Everton was better today, and that sometimes happens in football, especially away from home. Remember that City drew Everton 1-1 on 31st December, and Everton was the away team.

drippin

Anyway, it was an away game, and overall win or draw, it's one point difference.
I mean lose or draw, naturally. In any case, I think it's better to play for wins against worse teams taking some risks even, and play for draws or wins against rival teams in the league taking less risks.

Losing points to midtable or worse teams isn't that serious, especially away from home. This season has been a freak anyway with the away game record.

Gooner_girl14

I understand, but still I disagree mostly. He didn't throw it away, started Partey for example with Xhaka which was needed for the midfield. He also gave game-time to squad players which can be important. Especially the trust in a big game. They can't feel mistreated now. It wasn't easy for City.

Also Arsenal isn't only focusing on the league. There is Europa League and Arsenal topped the group. It's a big aim and will require depth from the squad. Also the schedule will now be thickening.

Everton was better today, and that sometimes happens in football, especially away from home. Remember that City drew Everton 1-1 on 31st December, and Everton was the away team.
Yes it's easy to forget we haven't won there in ages. That coupled with the new manager, this was always going to be tough. Going into the game I thought we'd draw, but did not expect a loss.
I just feel we've lost momentum now, which we've allowed to happen. I know it was bound to happen sooner or later. The whole squad looked off today, and that's worrying. Hopefully Arteta can sort it out before Brentford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom