• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Everton 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 4th, February | KO: 12:30 GMT| BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_everton-arsenal.png

This should be relatively straightforward, the new manager bounce not withstanding.

Screenshot-20230128-152222.png

Screenshot-20230128-152237.png

Screenshot-20230128-152251.png

Screenshot-20230128-152321.png

The starting xi picks itself, unless Partey is not fit enough to start and Lokonga takes his place.

8f9bf26f-4004-49f7-9de4-c9ccf7ca79ae.png

Gn1212

Rewatched the highlights. On a different day at least draw that game. The team looks a little fatigued, White with a few sloppy passes, a few big chances missed with Everton clearing one off the line. They successfully blocked off Saliba in the back post zone for their goal.
Fatigued? If we're fatigued with the current schedule we're ****ed.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Fatigued? If we're fatigued with the current schedule we're ****ed.
Fatigue comes in different ways. We've played Sp**s, United, City and now Everton. The Sp**s game we dominated the 1st half and 2nd half had to focus so much on defending. We had 40% possession 2nd half. That is tiring against what is still a good team in a high pressured high intensity game. Next we play United. A game in which we went behind came back, they equalised and then we put so much pressure to score a 90th minute winner. High energy, high intensity, mentally draining game. Then City. We rotate slightly but all our big players still play, some come on to chase the game. Then we play a tough game against Everton who have a new manager. We see mistakes ane snatched at chances, and we lose.

So yes, i believe some players will be fatigued physically and mentally as a result of that run of games.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Once teams start doubling up the full backs need to be instructed to overlap because once Sake or Martinelli pass the ball back they basically have to reset. One thing that would have helped the game overall was Eddie though. He completely disappeared bar a few moments.
Yes Newcastle did it and were successful utd were doing it but we found a way to create few amount of chances. Everton did it yesterday and they shut us down eddie can't do the job G.Jesus does so we need to tell white and Zinchenko to overlap more because it's near impossible to saka and Martinelli do things by themselves

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I don't think we were fatigued we lacked ideas we dominated possession 70% yesterday just couldn't unlock everton that's about it. The passing was off but that not down of being tired

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Title race man pressure is on thats why our players couldnt pass wind yesterday

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I just clocked, Doucoure wasn't brought in to mark Partey, is brought in to cover Zinchenko's inversions.

We never adapted at all tho. We were still playing the same way late into the game.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
That Partey sub was definitely pre planned, clearly a little injured.

The main issue with him, you can't really trust him to be fit...and he's our most important player too, ffs! 😭

Think Vieira only had 1 season in 9 for us, were he didn't make at least 30 league appearances...while the only real time Gilberto was out for us was when he literally broke his back, but he wasn't even injury prone after that.

Miss that kind of reliability/availability from Thomas, can't lie.

Totally agree with this, the weird thing is everyone knows it. It’s an open secret. You could even say it cost us top 4 last season. I think the insane amount of money we were prepared to spend on a backup shows Arsenal are fully aware of the situation.

I’m just gonna come out and say he could still disappear at *any* time for yellow box. We all know it or perhaps you forgot. No need to reply to me and start a discussion.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I just clocked, Doucoure wasn't brought in to mark Partey, is brought in to cover Zinchenko's inversions.

We never adapted at all tho. We were still playing the same way late into the game.
So the attack ends as soon as Martinelli gets on the ball, what a surprise

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I still find it hard to believe how bad our record at Goodison is. Maybe chalk this down to one of those days… but considering how **** Everton have been over the last 4-5 years it still doesn’t make any sense

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

What frustrated me the most yesterday was that with the exception of Saka's one shot that beat the keeper and was going in if it wasn't cleared off the line, the finishing from all our players was dogsh*t. So when we finally did get in a good shooting position we just blasted it off target everytime, it's like we forgot our shooting boots today.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

atched the highlights. On a different day at least draw that game. The team looks a little fatigued, White with a few sloppy passes, a few big chances missed with Everton clearing one off the line. They successfully blocked off Saliba in the back post zone for their goal.

That's really concerning if we're *actually* fatigued. We've been playing one game a week since early January I don't know how we can be fatigued and now we're entering a period where we're going to be playing 5-7 games a month minimum.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That's really concerning if we're *actually* fatigued. We've been playing one game a week since early January I don't know how we can be fatigued and now we're entering a period where we're going to be playing 5-7 games a month minimum.
We played West Ham on boxing day and Tierney started that game. Since then in the league the XI has been unchanged. We've played Brighton, Newcastle, United, Sp**s and now Everton - 4 games against the top 6 in our last 5 and then Everton with a new manager. That's 5 mentally and physically tough games. We also played City in the cup - another tough game mentally and physically - in which all our key players played, be that starting or coming on the chase the game.

I done a comparison with City who had a similiar schedule. They've rotated heavily at one point not using KDB vs Sp**s. Haaland was rested in the cup whereas we've played and started Eddie and Saka in every game since boxing day.

Our games become a bit easier post City but the fear I have is we cannot drop points and Arteta sticks with his trusted players which compounds the problem. He needs to rotate, even if its small numbers e.g Vieira in but start the next strongest 10.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
So what was the big idea in playing him on the FA cup game then? Still waiting for the advocates of this to defend their viewpoint. Not that I'm expecting them to. People here are vociferous in stupid opinions before games and slink quietly away when their daft ideas are exposed.
I think it was important we had discipline/ some control against Man City in CM.
The absolute last thing you need is getting exposed & beaten heavily in that fixture psychology with 2 very important league games still to play against them.

Also you have to factor in that Mo was injured so the only other option was Sambi who can struggle as a DM against poorer teams so would be a big concern against City.

Over 7 days until the next game which all pros including TP should be able to cope with.
It was hardly asking him to play Thur in Europa & then Sun in the league.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We played West Ham on boxing day and Tierney started that game. Since then in the league the XI has been unchanged. We've played Brighton, Newcastle, United, Sp**s and now Everton - 4 games against the top 6 in our last 5 and then Everton with a new manager. That's 5 mentally and physically tough games. We also played City in the cup - another tough game mentally and physically - in which all our key players played, be that starting or coming on the chase the game.

I done a comparison with City who had a similiar schedule. They've rotated heavily at one point not using KDB vs Sp**s. Haaland was rested in the cup whereas we've played and started Eddie and Saka in every game since boxing day.

Our games become a bit easier post City but the fear I have is we cannot drop points and Arteta sticks with his trusted players which compounds the problem. He needs to rotate, even if its small numbers e.g Vieira in but start the next strongest 10.
I think because we just not into that level of quality when we want to rotate we have Jorginho and Trossard and ESR now so maybe Arteta will start them in some games maybe Tierney and Tomi too but can't see him rotating until europa knock out start. Maybe we fatigued mentally because we had tough January fixture but physically i don't see any fatigue the players finishing 90 minutes without cramps or muscular issues. Our players need to cope with pressure mentally they need to be strong

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Think he’s saying we’re mentally fatigued. I’m not sure it was that fwiw, I think we were complacent. Won’t happen again

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Out of curiosity. Who do we think would have been better in the Everton situation? Caicedo? Or Zubimendi? Think the answer is obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom