• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Leeds United 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday 16th, October | KO: 14:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_Leeds-United-vs-Arsenal-live-blog.jpg

We're in good place, so we just have to keep the run going. Leeds are a good side. They've improved massively from the tail end of Bielsa. But that being said, I'd back us to claim all three points.

Screenshot-20221013-202721.png

Screenshot-20221013-202748.png

Screenshot-20221013-202805.png

Screenshot-20221013-202855.png

Screenshot-20221013-204625.png

Prediction

Leeds 0-3 Arsenal

andeoch1

Quite a noticeable change to Leeds tactics in the second half. Whereas they were happy to let Arsenal have possession in their own third of the pitch and press when Arsenal drove forward. In the second half they pressured all over the pitch from the very start.
Also the same Pr**k linesman who didn’t see the blatant offside before the penalty was very quick to call for Gabriel’s red card ( smirking Pr**k) for absolutely nothing. COYG onward and upward 😊

Mohamed7

Could it be that phase of attack completed when the ball was returned from box to just outside it and another attack started from Leeds, which resulted the penalty? That’s the only reason/explanation I can think of. But even if that was the case, I believe the initial attack didn’t complete as the ball just about reached outside our box. Although, I don’t know what constitutes one phase to complete and another to begin.

Other than that, I don’t know why the PK wasn’t canceled for that clear offside.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Could it be that phase of attack completed when the ball was returned from box to just outside it and another attack started from Leeds, which resulted the penalty? That’s the only reason/explanation I can think of. But even if that was the case, I believe the initial attack didn’t complete as the ball just about reached outside our box. Although, I don’t know what constitutes one phase to complete and another to begin.

Other than that, I don’t know why the PK wasn’t canceled for that clear offside.
But it was so close to the penalty incident the way I recall it. Shorter than between Ødegaard's foul and the disallowed goal against ManU.

6gunner

That's right, both Arsenal and Tottenham have more points than they have ever accumulated after the first 10 matches in the Premier League era. Listen to Cal and Rick analyze Arsenal's 1-0 win over Leeds and Tottenham's 2-0 victory over Everton. Both teams won in midweek European competition and we are all too happy (some might say giddy) to discuss those matches as well. Yes, all is good in North London and we close the podcast by previewing our upcoming matches to see if our winning ways will continue.

Apple ‎Arsenal Tottenham Fan Podcast: Arsenal Tottenham Fan Podcast Episode 35 - Best PL Season Start Ever! on Apple Podcasts

Spotify Arsenal Tottenham Fan Podcast Episode 35 - Best PL Season Start Ever!

Google Arsenal Tottenham Fan Podcast - Arsenal Tottenham Fan Podcast Episode 35 - Best PL Season Start Ever!

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I'm not implying anything, I'm saying your views on players is suspect.

@dka1 would do well to check them, specially that Kola thread, oof.

As supposed to majority of this forum wanting Bissouma and were jealous when Sp**s signed him. I said Bissouma was Wanyama Mark 2 and Sp**s already had 2 better cms in Bentacur and Hjojberg. So far it seems I'm being proven right on this.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Regarding Gabriel's original red card, the linesman saw the issue clearly, what was he thinking when he told the referee the issue. I'm pretty sure he would have seen Bamford originally push him in the back & Gabriel hardly kicked him.

We've got to thank VAR & the VAR referee tell our head referee to have a proper look at it. Watching the game live on TV at home when it showed the TV camera picture the VAR screen, seeing the VAR screen I was thinking surely it should be overturned, I was thinking if it wasn't overturned I was going to be peeved off. At least the referee had a bit of sense.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
As supposed to majority of this forum wanting Bissouma and were jealous when Sp**s signed him. I said Bissouma was Wanyama Mark 2 and Sp**s already had 2 better cms in Bentacur and Hjojberg. So far it seems I'm being proven right on this.
Bissouma is a bang average mid table player, was always that. People in this forum always go crazy for players like him & other mid table players like DCL

Melquiades

But it was so close to the penalty incident the way I recall it. Shorter than between Ødegaard's foul and the disallowed goal against ManU.

To me, VAR should only be reviewing plays that lead directly to goals. I'm totally OK with this decision. If it happens several phases back, tough luck.

But with that in mind, the reversed Martinelli goal against United was an absolute disgrace.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
To me, VAR should only be reviewing plays that lead directly to goals. I'm totally OK with this decision. If it happens several phases back, tough luck.

But with that in mind, the reversed Martinelli goal against United was an absolute disgrace.

I only ask for consistency in the rulings, so as long as both are allowed or both disallowed I'm ok with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom