• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Preston VS Arsenal 7th january 17.30 BT sport Fa cup

who will win in

• Arsenal

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Preston

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ggunner12345

As the title says we play Preston away on Saturday in the Fa cup.

Wenger has confirmed that Ospina will start and that he will rest Alexis and Mustafi.

No offence to the league cup but this is the most prestigious cup in England.
Elneny and Iwobi have left to go to afcon

Ospina

Jenkinson Holding Gabriel Monreal

Ramsey Xhaka

Adelaide

Perez Giroud Walcott

craigafc40

We should play the strongest team available. Apart from rest Sanchez and Ospina is the cup keeper. I say this because winning things does not look likely this season, Apart from this cup competition.

Axel_Gunner

Wenger has confirmed that Ospina will start and that he will rest Alexis and Mustafi.

Ospina

Ramsey Xhaka

Adelaide

Perez Giroud Walcott

Perez has problems with his ankle.
And Walcott is still doubtful, if he is back i dont think he will be in the starting XI.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Still remember the 4-2 game against Preston in 99. Moyes was their manager then. We were 2-0 down and I threw a proper paddy. How times change.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Akpom - Welbeck - Chamberlain
Iwobi
Xhaka - AMN
Monreal - Holding - Mustafi - Gabriel

Ramsey probably drops in there somewhere though.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Welbeck should absolutely NOT be on the bench. Wenger said that he would ideally want to give him minutes in the under 23s before he returns to the first team and rightly so. Rushing a guy back after 2 very long injury lay-offs in quick succession just if Lucas were out would be madne$$ and a recipe for disaster. Wenger should not even be contemplating giving Welbeck a spot on the bench, let alone discussing it in his press conference. He did it with Debuchy and is proving himself a liability to the squad fitness.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Still remember the 4-2 game against Preston in 99. Moyes was their manager then. We were 2-0 down and I threw a proper paddy. How times change.
Off the top of your head, can you remember the scorers? No cheating. And **** off anyone else who might know. This isn't an open quiz.

Rocky

Ospina

Ramsey Xhaka

Adelaide

Perez Giroud Walcott

Walcott is out. Perez might not be available.

Rocky

Xhaka and Ramsey are the main senior options for CM for the next month. One is a suspension liability, the other averages about 2.9 hamstring injuries per season and only has 1 so far this season, so is due another at any moment. Therefore it would be good to see both Maitland-Niles and Zelalem given starts, they could be starting in the league if the wide options suffer injuries that don't allow Ox or Iwobi to play there as cover.

Last edited:

9jagooner

Iwobi is available.
Nigeria didn't qualify for Afcon .

I reckon we'll see Jeff in this one.
I'd love to see Mavididi too but Giroud will probably start

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Perfect game for the likes of Ox, Lucas and maybe even Jeff to stake a claim for themselves. Hopefully Maitland-Niles too. There's plenty of places still up for grabs outwith Alexis and Özil currently.

Also a win and a cup run would be nice.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Like to see Akpom get some minutes and hopefully get a loan off the back of it.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Stick that new kid in, seems like a decent intelligent boy from his interview. Bramell lad.

Polar Bear

Iwobi is not going, only Elneny is.

Anyways we should start a very strong side, we made a big mistake in the league cup for me by starting a weak team and we paid for it against Southampton. None of these cups should be taken for granted, its much better to win it than nothing at all.

.......................................Ospina...................................................
Gabriel................Holding.................Mustafi...................Monreal
...........................Xhaxa....................Ramsey..............................
Chamberlin..........................Özil..................................Perez
.......................................Giroud..............................................

is Özil back?? I heard he was back in training, if he is then he should play, I would play Sanchez too but I know Wenger said he will be rested so I won't include him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom