• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostarac

Established Member
TheHotshot said:
How the f*** are Barcelona going to play him? Ronnie, Deco, Xavi, van Bommel, Giuly, RDVD ffs?

Exactly. Either way, van der Vaart will probably have to wait a couple of years for his possible transfer to Barcelona.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
For Holland (under Van Basten) VDV has been playing LM is 4-3-3. FC Barcelona play nearly the same system as Holland, so don't know why he couldn't play LM for FC Barcelona.

Mostarac

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
For Holland (under Van Basten) VDV has been playing LM is 4-3-3. FC Barcelona play nearly the same system as Holland, so don't know why he couldn't play LM for FC Barcelona.

But, Ronaldinho drops down to left-midfield some of the time, that would surely be a problem for van der Vaart if he was at Barcelona?

slydogg

none but aint thatere supposed to be a link at least for proof or anyone can just start talkin about any player they want to

DannyDyer

TheHotshot said:
DannyDyer said:
his ideal move would be to barcelona.The team he idolised as a youngster.Plus hes half spanish.I think he will end up at the nou camp in 2007.Mark my words.Or even this summer if he has a good world cup.

How the f*** are Barcelona going to play him? Ronnie, Deco, Xavi, van Bommel, Giuly, RDVD ffs?

van bommel is leaving to Bayern at the end of the season.Giuly is not guranteed a starting place.So what anyway? They want to sign Henry, but Etto plays in his position.A successful squad usually has an erray of talents.Anyway competition will be good for the squad.

calvinngai88

Imagine a few years down the road.. Reyes providing for Torres (good understanding 'friendship') and VDV providing for RVP (also another good understanding) and Hleb & Fabregas completing the midfield to pull the strings together. I believe Hleb can do well in the central midfield if he works on his build a little more, his tackles are well improving. :D

Viper

Established Member
I imagine Van Der Vaart could play for Arsenal at LM. He'd be a lot better than Reyes. I have seen him play LM for Holland as well as Ajax and he played quite well.

What position does he currently play for Hamburg? An attacking midfielder?

Kristel

Viper said:
I imagine Van Der Vaart could play for Arsenal at LM. He'd be a lot better than Reyes. I have seen him play LM for Holland as well as Ajax and he played quite well.

What position does he currently play for Hamburg? An attacking midfielder?

He mostly plays as an attacking midfielder, but I believe he played 2 or 3 games as LM.

But there's no problem with hem playing as a LM, his first 2 year of Ajax he played almost every games as an LM.

2000/01 --Ajax 27 games 7 goals Eredivisie
2001/02 --Ajax 20 games 14 goals Eredivisie

Most of the games playing als LM a few as attacking midfielder.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
I don't think he'll be moving for the next season or two. He left Ajax because he received mass pressure and went to Hamburg to find peace. Now that he's at Hamburg, his life has been good and easy. He enjoys it there. But when he feels that he has to go out and find new adventure, he'll do that and Barcelona is the most likely destination for him.

f4evo

if we win the champions league, then do you think there is any chance we could get him or any other big players this summer (just like liverpool have had some decent players)

Sammer

Established Member
f4evo said:
if we win the champions league, then do you think there is any chance we could get him or any other big players this summer (just like liverpool have had some decent players)

I doubt it. He will play at Hamburg for at least one more season - he really likes it there and he knows it´s quite a good intermediate club before his big move to Reall or Barca.

Van der Vaart is half spanish, and his aim is to play at one of the big spanish clubs one day - he said it again in an interview at www.spiegel.de

I don´t see him going anywhere at the end of the season.

Needless to say, I would love to see him at Arsenal...

PatrickBateman

van der Vaart doesn't fit into english football at all at the moment.
The natural playmaker position behind 2 strikers virtually doesn't exist in the EPL. To occupy a more withdrawn position, he must improve his physical strength and his tackling. And for the wing he is too slow, he never will be fast - in fact he is really slow.

Players of his category better go to Spain or maybe Italy, but they should avoid England. BTW, the same applies to Riquelme imho.

Mostarac

Established Member
PatrickBateman said:
Players of his category better go to Spain or maybe Italy, but they should avoid England. BTW, the same applies to Riquelme imho.

van der Vaart would have been great as a fantasista in Italy, the same position that Totti plays. Most teams in Italy play with a fantasista, Milan have Pirlo/Kaka, Roma have the mentioned Totti, Inter have Veron and Pizarro at times, Fiorentina have Donadel/Fiore and so on. I do not know about Spain when it comes to this position, but seeing as van der Vaart is already playing like a fantasista for Hamburg, he would fit in well in Italy(but he would have to become stronger physically).

mariaines

i think he'd be prefect for Arsenal.
He wasn't too strong a couple of seasons ago but now he's playing succesfully in budesliga and we all know that's a though league to play. He's fast and his passing is very precise and also has a great distance shoot.
I don't know too much about bundesliga but seems to me that it's always only about bayern munich, so he might be getting bored... so despite he has always wanted to go to Barça (he'd have fitted perfectly in another time, but not right now), i think Arsenal is THE perfect team for him.
Go for him Arsène!!! :wink:

brianfrance

Established Member
Sammer said:
f4evo said:

I doubt it. He will play at Hamburg for at least one more season - he really likes it there and he knows it´s quite a good intermediate club before his big move to Reall or Barca.

Van der Vaart is half spanish, and his aim is to play at one of the big spanish clubs one day - he said it again in an interview at www.spiegel.de

I don´t see him going anywhere at the end of the season.

Needless to say, I would love to see him at Arsenal...

Don't you think, as many stars in germany, that VdV is already Bayern property ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom