• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rafael van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeor

I really think so. The fact that his wife (Sylvie Meis) is a babe makes them so popular with the gutter press over there. Very much like Becks & posh.

Van der Vaart is big, and his commercial value is enormous. As a matter of fact, Bayern are very interested in him as a possible replacement for Ballack.

nazo

Established Member
Talking about Bayern, they really blew it today. Losing 3-0 to Bremen reopened the title race. They better start playing better if they want to win.

Mostarac

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Talking about Bayern, they really blew it today. Losing 3-0 to Bremen reopened the title race. They better start playing better if they want to win.

Haha, I can`t say that I am feeling sorry for Bayern. Hopefully, Hamburg can catch them and win the Bundesliga which would be a great success for Barbarez and Hamburg.

f4evo

lee1001 said:
f4evo said:
considering none of the transfer rumourse seem to based on actual story, i will start a new one :wink:

Hmm.... I hate the "Transfer & Rumours" room. It used to be that you would come in here and see a name in the title and your heart would skip a beat if it was an exciting player because there was a possibility of him signing.

Now all it takes is some numpty to see a half decent player in Mongolia or unearth a gem in Football Manager and it warrants a thread, with comments such as " I fink we shud get tat player"

Crap!

very true :lol:

Henry_Pires

bluenaz said:

Who's kahn? It's lehman-mania now.

by the way. please get RVDV. Replacement for Pires.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
RVDV is an ACM. He prefers to play at that position, so why should he come to Arsenal and play at left wing? Can't see the logic in your statement Henry_Pires

Canadian Gooner

You cant compare flamini's case to that. Flamini wasn't done out of choice, it was done because we had no one else and AW had to put him there.

Flamini will go straight back to being a CM after. If anything, he will be a squad player who can fill many positions, but he is not going to be a permanent LB

As for van der Vaart, I agree with Hotshot. van der Vaart likes playing ACM and he has stated publicly that thats where he only wants to play. That was one reason why he fell out at Ajax. Wenger could maybe turn him into a LW but its unlikely.

Talented player van der Vaart is though. I like him a lot, I just don't see him coming to Arsenal

JML

Henry_Pires said:
Remember Toure case? or Flamini case TheHotshot?
Don't forget Hleb. He's sure worked out well on that right-wing. How many goals does he have now? 20? 25? What about his assists? I lost count at 37.

He (RVDV) wouldn't be nearly as effective playing exclusively on the left as he is in the middle, even though FootballDatabase.com says he can play on the left.

slydogg

why are we even talking about rv dv where not even intersted and his position is covered all we need now is a DC and a DMC

longrufus

Established Member
TheHotshot said:
RVDV is an ACM. He prefers to play at that position, so why should he come to Arsenal and play at left wing? Can't see the logic in your statement Henry_Pires

As did Pires, Freddie, Hleb...

Where do they play now, hmm..

ajaxgunner

The database probably says he can play left mid because he did. He played inside left just off the strikers, but not on the wing. He could potentially play like Pires did as he has some similarities, but I think his best position in 442 is essentially where Cesc is playing now, though he could play support striker. I'd love to see him move to Arsenal, but ManUre will probably renew their interest in him if they don't sign somebody this summer, and Chelsea and Bayern will likely be in the mix.

DannyDyer

ajaxgunner said:
The database probably says he can play left mid because he did. He played inside left just off the strikers, but not on the wing. He could potentially play like Pires did as he has some similarities, but I think his best position in 442 is essentially where Cesc is playing now, though he could play support striker. I'd love to see him move to Arsenal, but ManUre will probably renew their interest in him if they don't sign somebody this summer, and Chelsea and Bayern will likely be in the mix.

his ideal move would be to barcelona.The team he idolised as a youngster.Plus hes half spanish.I think he will end up at the nou camp in 2007.Mark my words.Or even this summer if he has a good world cup.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
DannyDyer said:
his ideal move would be to barcelona.The team he idolised as a youngster.Plus hes half spanish.I think he will end up at the nou camp in 2007.Mark my words.Or even this summer if he has a good world cup.

How the f*** are Barcelona going to play him? Ronnie, Deco, Xavi, van Bommel, Giuly, RDVD ffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom