• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rami at west ham

Sammer

Established Member
Sending Rami on loan is a clear sign, that he is not 2nd after Lehman, but rather No4.

We have too many goalkeepers sitting on the bench, not gaining any EPL-match experience.

I believe that the same thing will happen with Rami than with Moritz Volz.

Anders Limpar

Sammer,

Who is No 2-4 is quite uninteresting when that can change from game to game! If you look on the goalie situation, what would you chose?

1. 1 old short range solution and two almost unproven talents
2. 1 old short range solution, 1 cheap solid squad goalie and one almost unproven talent

...mind you there are some new faces coming up from behind, Taylor and Stack have to make it soon or they will have to find a new club...

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rami I think will stay at Westham.
Stuart and Graham are very good goalies.
Stuart if I recall rightly is injured so do not know when he will be 100% fit.

Sammer

Established Member
Anders Limpar said:
Sammer,

Who is No 2-4 is quite uninteresting when that can change from game to game! If you look on the goalie situation, what would you chose?

1. 1 old short range solution and two almost unproven talents
2. 1 old short range solution, 1 cheap solid squad goalie and one almost unproven talent

...mind you there are some new faces coming up from behind, Taylor and Stack have to make it soon or they will have to find a new club...

Where is the problem Anders ???

I personally rate Rami quite high - compared to Taylor and Stack, but I feel that it is just the right thing to do to send him out on loan.

One thing is for sure: its not good having 3 keepers on the bench, that gain almost no match experience.
So sending Rami out is nothing but positive for Rami.

In any case, I believe that Arsène will most likely replace Lehmann in the future with a top-class keeper with more experience than either of the three.

Anders Limpar

Sammer,

No probs :p

I just can't see both Stack and Taylor in the squad next season! IMO it would be better if Rami stayed and one of the youngsters left, not because I don't rate them but because I would like them to succeed...

...and both can't make it here!!

Sammer

Established Member
I agree. The question will be though: is Rami good enough to be a future No1 at Arsenal - at CL and EPL level?

I´d like to see more of him - let´s see how he develops at West Ham.

Mark

Established Member
i think when taylor recovers we should loan him to a premiership club that need a goalkeeper. birmingham might be a club who are interested as their first choice GK at the moment is Maik Taylor on loan from Fulham. i rate stuart taylor and think if he was given a chance of regular first team football on loan at another club for a season he could perhaps be no.1 in the future.

Sammer

Established Member
Fact is: with no constant EPL match experience, none of the 3 keepers will be Jens´replacement in the future.

If they keep on sitting on the bench, it will be an outside - most likely international - keeper replacing Jens.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom