• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was thinking this morning about how poor the Saliba deal actually is when she factor in other costs.

Luiz: 24M
Mari: 14M (not sure whether loan fee included)

Just shy of an additional 40M because let Saliba stay an extra year. Why didn’t we just top up his fee with an additional 10-20M? It’s not like we didn’t need him.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He’s played against us 3 times since 2017 actually. Make of that what you will.

My point is that we’ve made another shiyte signing in Cedric. You cant seriously tell me the club singled him out to improve the team? Even as a backup it’s pathetic. You think a 5mil loan fee for a guy that hasn’t played a single minute of football for us is cheap?!
why not just wait till he was a free agent?

Oh yeah his agent happens to be that **** kia.

The Cedric deal must be off the back of what our scouts and Arteta has seen of him before, he has 120 appearances in the league which is more than enough to decide if he's good enough.

To both you and I, we can't see why we'd sign him but guess the people who matter can.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Was thinking this morning about how poor the Saliba deal actually is when she factor in other costs.

Luiz: 24M
Mari: 14M (not sure whether loan fee included)

Just shy of an additional 40M because let Saliba stay an extra year. Why didn’t we just top up his fee with an additional 10-20M? It’s not like we didn’t need him.

They literally wouldn't budge on the loan.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Last night was probably just an aperitif, yous are really gonna lose your sh*t when it turns out we can't renew Saka. Genuinely think that'll tip people over the edge, huge dip in season ticket renewals etc.

I think if it bottoms out that badly next year the Kroenkes will surely step in and clean house.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Maybe, I don’t remember how it went. Hard to say how it’d have gone. But I’d be surprised if a a £50m fee would’ve been rejected.

Think it just helps us out on having more to spend elsewhere, 50M would of been too much.

roz

Fake News Merchant
The Cedric deal must be off the back of what our scouts and Arteta has seen of him before, he has 120 appearances in the league which is more than enough to decide if he's good enough.

To both you and I, we can't see why we'd sign him but guess the people who matter can.
I cannot recall ever seeing him doing anything good, granted I haven’t watched him much but at least when we signed Debuchy i could understand having seen him play well numerous times from memory.

Obviously I don’t know as much about football as the guys in charge of scouting ( I hope) but nothing the club have done in the past 2 years fills me with confidence so why should anyone think this is a good deal?
Throw in his age and the length of the contract plus who his agent is and its hard not to be concerned that something very dodgy is going on.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I cannot recall ever seeing him doing anything good, granted I haven’t watched him much but at least when we signed Debuchy i could understand having seen him play well numerous times from memory.

Obviously I don’t know as much about football as the guys in charge of scouting ( I hope) but nothing the club have done in the past 2 years fills me with confidence so why should anyone think this is a good deal?
Throw in his age and the length of the contract plus who his agent is and its hard not to be concerned that something very dodgy is going on.

Yeah I'm not saying he's a good player because I can't really make a judgement I am just assuming there's a group of scouts in the club who think he's good enough.

Is there something dodgy going on? I won't look into that stuff tbh.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Remember when we wanted to drop out of the Champions League to envoke change? That hasn't gone so well.
I honestly don’t care if we lose every game left, we aren’t getting relegated and the lower we finish WILL put more pressure on those running the club. As much as we hate them, the Kroenke’s will sit up and notice things when we end the season 15th.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

giphy.gif

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't get this.

We've given deals to three three Kia bums but can't extend Our local boy who has been probably the only bright spot of an otherwise pathetic season?

Oh my days!

Last edited:

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
These extensions/signings would only make sense if the remaining budget goes towards a high profile midfielder/CB signing.

Also think once Auba is sold, club will try to make 1-2 signings on the wing/striker.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Yeah I'm not saying he's a good player because I can't really make a judgement I am just assuming there's a group of scouts in the club who think he's good enough.

Fair enough.
it all seems so bleak to me. Worst season by some distance since I started supporting (1995)

Doesn’t look like anything will improve anytime soon either. Have always said I would support us even if we lost but to lose like this? Losing your identity as a club means its no longer the same club.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don't get this.

We've the deal for three three Kia bums but can't extend Our local boy who has been probably the only bright spot of an otherwise pathetic season?

Oh my days!

How can you not get that? The market for Saka is a lot more competitive than the three you mentioned. He probably has most of Europe in his agents ear trying to get him on a free.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I don't get this.

We've the deal for three three Kia bums but can't extend Our local boy who has been probably the only bright spot of an otherwise pathetic season?

Oh my days!
Saving that news probably for some other day this week to make us forget about this news.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Worst news I’ve seen in a long time. Throwing money at 2 has-beens(who were never that great to begin with) in Cedric and Luiz is ridiculous. Ceballos had a year to prove he could be important for us but he’s shown nothing yet. And I like Mari. Think he’s pretty reliable from what I’ve seen. But he does create a surplus of centre-backs.

Luiz, Sokratis, Mustafi, Saliba, Holding, Mari, Chambers.

I don’t see us clearing out enough of them to bring in a new CB so no one should be getting their hopes up after this news. Lets pray for a top class central midfielder and renewals for Saka(has to happen) and Auba(doubt it).

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Executive team.

Can’t imagine there’ll be much market for a struggling club reliant on match day income fresh out of a global pandemic.

Even if they replaced the executive team (highly unlikely as things stand) I'd still have next to no confidence that it would change anything for the better. They'd probably just replace it with another bad executive team. If they put in a good executive team it'd happen more by sheer luck than anything else.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom