• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reading FC Vs Arsenal FC | Mon,Nov12th, 8pm | Madjeski Std

juk380x

LOL at their thread :D

I expect a comfortable win, 2:0 would suffice. If we take them seriously, we should have no problems - our defence, plus the invisible wall (I'd prefer Gilberto , but I think Diarra or Flamini would not falter) should be enough to stop them from scoring, and I have yet to see a defence/midfield to contain Hleb, Cesc and Rosicky. The only question is, will Wenger give a chance to one of our bench strikers? I'd prefer Eduardo, but I would not be disappointed with Nick or Theo, just as long as they provide support to Ade.

-Shaun-

Amazing match-thread.
---------------------------------
Starting 11:

---------------------Almunia---------------------
----Sagna----Toure----Gallas----Clichy----
-----------------------Diarra-----------------------
------Walcott----Fabregas----Hleb-----------
------------Adebayor----Eduardo--------------

Substitutions:

Fabianski
Hoyte
Senderos
Diaby
Bendtner

Score Prediction:

4-0 to the Arsenal.

Also....

I really did think about placing Fabianski in the Starting Line-Up. He has really impressed me, and deserves a chance. However, Almunia should rightly keep his First-Place spot. Yes, he did make some mistakes in our last Premier League game, but he does still deserve a place. Apart from that, I have to say he has done well. For me, as I am sure many of us think, that Lehmann is out of the question. I think the reasons are self-explanotary. Almunia all the way.

Sagna to keep his place- he has done amazingly well so far, definitley Arsenal class.

Toure and Gallas are our men. No reason to doubt there performances, they are both world-class.

Clichy, again, one of our performers. A very versitile player, good at both attacking and defending.

Theo Walcott. Some could argue that he should not be Starting, but it would boost his confidence. He has the ability to give their team such a hard time, and I hope he plays well. A big game for Walcott.

Diarra all the way in that defensive-midfielder role. In the games that he has played, he has been immense. Such an engine on him, he has got stamina. Fabregas, the centre of all our attacks, love him.

Hleb has been another outstanding player this season. He has outshone many, played great. What a player; Hleb.

I am going to go with the partnership of Adebayor and Eduardo in attack. Adebayor needs to get backonto top-form, and it will come. Eduardo has performed well recently- keep it up.

A must-win game for us. We have a game-in-hand from some others, and we can really show people how good we are out on that pitch. We should be top of the table ater this game, no problems. We love you Arsenal.

Come on you Arsenal.

Anzac

Established Member
I'd still not have Walcott as a starting player even on the flanks. IMO most teams are going to set their defence deep & close up shop in front of their area - which will nullify his advantage of pace & give him less room to move in & put pressure on his touch & passing.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
a chance for walcott to shine again in wings, if rosicky is still injured. first teamers should come back and get a good win.

btw, does anybody thinks walcott likes to dribble too much and have lack of a teamwork

number_0

Established Member
of all other 19 clubs in the EPL, i like reading the most, cheap, effective, attacking football.
they dont seem like a threat to us so i say we loan them a player or 2 like hoyte, merida and gibbs for a year or so.

having said that i hope we give them a nice 5-0 mauling with an adebayor hatrick and eduardo and gilberto also scoring so that we entertain their fans after some recent results...

they were one of the few home fans that gave us a standing appluade after our proformance their.

vantoure

Wenger14 said:
Almunia
Sagna Touré Gallas Clichy
Hleb Fab Flam Rosicky
Eduardo Adebayor

Lehmann, Gilberto, Eboue, Walcott, Bendtner

We'll win this game with that team.

Hope Man Utd drop points against Blackburn, but we all know they'll just win it 4-0.

We just might not see a thrashing anymore, wayne is out for 4 weeks. so away with 4 goal thrashings :D

tam1886

Established Member
Rahul said:
Gunners_Nadz said:

Phuff! I used to quite like this guy before these stupid comments.I have lost a lot of respect for him.

How jealous are these guys of Arsène?

Why cant they just do their job and try and beat the so called "foriegners" who are top of the table.

:x :roll:
Completely agree. Heres one of his quotes from that.

"I admire so much the football they [Arsenal] play, it is most pleasing on the eye, but you would hope that, given the fact that he (Wenger) has been there 10 years, he could create English players who could play that way.

"That would obviously enhance the national team."
He doesn't 'create' players. He isn't god. He works with what he has at his disposal. If that player has the talent and skill levels needed then they will get their chance. However, almost every England international player is technically inferior to their continental counterparts.

Give Wenger milk, flour, sugar and eggs and he will make you a lovely sponge cake. Give him beef, lard, **** and with the odd sprinkling of suger every other generation, and you are going to be disappointed. It all comes down to the quality of young Englishmen at his disposal.

As one of my teachers once said 'You can't make sugar out of ****e'

Lukazan

Established Member
vantoure said:
Wenger14 said:
Almunia
Sagna Touré Gallas Clichy
Hleb Fab Flam Rosicky
Eduardo Adebayor

Lehmann, Gilberto, Eboue, Walcott, Bendtner

We'll win this game with that team.

Hope Man Utd drop points against Blackburn, but we all know they'll just win it 4-0.

We just might not see a thrashing anymore, wayne is out for 4 weeks. so away with 4 goal thrashings :D

Saha will step in, score 3 in this game, and score for fun in all the remaining games Rooney is out for and then, the second Rooney is declared fit Saha will snap his ankle in training and spend the next 12 months on the treatment table.

Captain

Established Member
He's been here ten years but he needs another seven because players who are coming through now are the real fruits of wenger's labours.

I reckon we'll have 6-7 england players in the squad for 2014.

lurkball

Everyone's just jealous. Aren't they sick of saying the same thing over and over again? The incompetence of the England national team has got nothing to do with us! Live with it. Why don't they put Walcott and Hoyte into the England team? The only manager I could think of that doesn't hate us is Redknapp. With Campbell, Lauren and Kanu around, I'm sure he is wise enough not to say something like that.

Wait... wasn't those quotes of Coppell from a long time ago?

Tam1886 said:
As one of my teachers once said 'You can't make sugar out of s***e'
:lol:

entropy13

Established Member
lurkball said:
The only manager I could think of that doesn't hate us is Redknapp. With Campbell, Lauren and Kanu around, I'm sure he is wise enough not to say something like that.

Steve Bruce as well...considering he got loanees last season and Djourou this season, and bagging Larsson and Muamba, plus the "Palacios recommendation" from Wenger...

IBL

Established Member
tam1886 said:
Rahul said:
Gunners_Nadz said:

Phuff! I used to quite like this guy before these stupid comments.I have lost a lot of respect for him.

How jealous are these guys of Arsène?

Why cant they just do their job and try and beat the so called "foriegners" who are top of the table.

:x :roll:
Completely agree. Heres one of his quotes from that.

"I admire so much the football they [Arsenal] play, it is most pleasing on the eye, but you would hope that, given the fact that he (Wenger) has been there 10 years, he could create English players who could play that way.

"That would obviously enhance the national team."
He doesn't 'create' players. He isn't god. He works with what he has at his disposal. If that player has the talent and skill levels needed then they will get their chance. However, almost every England international player is technically inferior to their continental counterparts.

Give Wenger milk, flour, sugar and eggs and he will make you a lovely sponge cake. Give him beef, lard, s**t and with the odd sprinkling of suger every other generation, and you are going to be disappointed. It all comes down to the quality of young Englishmen at his disposal.

As one of my teachers once said 'You can't make sugar out of s***e'
spot on! It's not as if Wenger hasnt taken a punt with English talent. We have Jeffers & Wright who were flops and also the likes of Upson who wanted first team football. Pennant had the ability, shame about the attitude and personal issues, Bentley wanted too much too soon but is he not a quality English player from Arsène's Arsenal? Also, where did the current England LB cut his teeth?

I thought better of Coppel, I hope we really give them a pasting now

tam1886

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
spot on! It's not as if Wenger hasnt taken a punt with English talent. We have Jeffers & Wright who were flops and also the likes of Upson who wanted first team football. Pennant had the ability, shame about the attitude and personal issues, Bentley wanted too much too soon but is he not a quality English player from Arsène's Arsenal? Also, where did the current England LB cut his teeth?

I thought better of Coppel, I hope we really give them a pasting now
I done this before.

----------------Robinson

Richards--Ferdinand--Terry--Cole

SWP---Gerrard----Lampard---Cole

------------Rooney--Owen

That is arguable one of the best line ups England could field barring injuries.

How many of them were developed at Arsenal? One. How many are still at Arsenal? None.

Oh dear. We don't have any players in England first team. Look again. How many of them are currently at Man Utd? Two How many are at Chelsea? Four How many did Man Utd produced from their youth? None! How many did Chelsea produce? One.

I think the conclusions can be drawn for themselves. It's not always as black and white as people like to make out. And before one says anything, I picked only the first team because that is the prefered term of the media when talking about it.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom