• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Real Madrid Club de Futbol

mo50

Established Member
YeahBee said:
mo50 said:
I'd take Lassana Diarra back in a heartbeat. For all the things he may have said/done while he was here, he's a very good player and would strengthen our midfield.

Would his ego let him come back? I don't think so.

L Diarra would be a rival or replacement of Song thou

M Diarra can play next to Cesc with Song behind them, a much bigger force going forward

I don't see why he can't play alongside Song/Cesc, IMO.

Also, he'd be great cover for Song. We've seen how easily our midfield crumbles without Song, and I think L. Diarra would be a great addition the the squad.

We have more pressing issues though, and I'd like our GK and defense sorted out first, then worry about "secondary" issues like a backup to Song. Nevertheless, I think he'd do well here.

It definitely won't happen though.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I dunno I think the 3d man in the midfield is unresolved

if Gallas stays we do have the CD pair for the starting XI

if no goalie comes in we are stuck with Aluminium

mo50

Established Member
Gallas is in all likelihood gone. Our third midfield, while not perfect, does not require urgent care, sadly the same cannot be said about our goalkeeping situation, and our defense in general.

I'd sort out the back five before looking forward to anymore signings. A CB or 2 (whether Sol resigns) and a GK and I'd be happy with the summer. Then we can look at the Diarra's of this world for our midfield.

Rahul

If Cesc does leave....id take Van der Vaart in a heartbeat.He seems to have a blind understanding with RVP too.

Top quality player.

Anzac

Established Member
Will be interesting to see who Moanrinho deems as surplus to requirements. I wonder if Perez will get his wish to see Higuain gone, and if they'll persist with Benzema.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Diarra is the only player Id want from Madrid.

Actual replacement for Song and better yet can play alongside Cesc to give him that extra freedom.

Would be a solid addition if he is brought back.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Both Diarras, Higuain and Benzema are Mourinho type players so they may still have a future there.

SA Gunner

truth_hurts said:
Both Diarras, Higuain and Benzema are Mourinho type players so they may still have a future there.

With the season Cambiasso has had for Inter, I see Mourinho bringing him to Madrid.

Thinking the likes of Maicon, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Millito will be following him, his usual style.

SA Gunner

Humble Rex said:
Yeah, just like lots of players from Chelsea came with him to Inter. Oh, wait...

Did Mourinho leave Chelsea in glory like he left Porto? Like he left Inter?

Oh wait.

Humble Rex

Established Member
First of all Mourinho left Chelsea because they have an idiot for president. As far as I am aware the players very much wanted him to stay.

Secondly, you can´t exactly compare Porto to Inter. One club is at best a second tier European club and the other is a genuine European powerhouse. Inter don´t need to sell, and would be quite stupid to let keyplayers leave. Not very likely to happen in my opinion.

SA Gunner

Humble Rex said:
First of all Mourinho left Chelsea because they have an idiot for president. As far as I am aware the players very much wanted him to stay.

Secondly, you can´t exactly compare Porto to Inter. One club is at best a second tier European club and the other is a genuine European powerhouse. Inter don´t need to sell, and would be quite stupid to let keyplayers leave. Not very likely to happen in my opinion.

Kinda like United, who are a powerhouse and were not "quite stupid" to let their key player leave.

Oh wait..

Humble Rex

Established Member
The difference is that Man U have a massive debt thanks to their owners that they are desperately trying to deal with. They actually needed to sell at that price. It is not a coincidence that most of the Ronaldo money hasn´t been reinvested in the squad.

Look, no need to have a stupid argument over a silly thing like this. You think Mourinho will take several players with him from Inter to Madrid, I don´t. Let´s just wait until the transfer window closes.

Then you can apologize...

SA Gunner

Humble Rex said:
The difference is that Man U have a massive debt thanks to their owners that they are desperately trying to deal with. They actually needed to sell at that price. It is not a coincidence that most of the Ronaldo money hasn´t been reinvested in the squad.

Look, no need to have a stupid argument over a silly thing like this. You think Mourinho will take several players with him from Inter to Madrid, I don´t. Let´s just wait until the transfer window closes.

LOL... get YOUR apology ready.

wellington

Humble Rex said:

I take it the Humble is ironic. :wink:

Anzac

Established Member
truth_hurts said:

Yeah the more of that team he keeps together the better the chances of achieving something. He may look to strengthen the defence/back4 and install some tactical discipline.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I wonder if other forums have an "Arsenal's castoffs..." thread? They probably got locked (out of fear) as soon as someone noticed Silvestre's name in the list.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom