• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

bonzka

I think we need to go Real Madrid on him. Sell for a humble fee with heavy buy back clauses.. If he flourishes, he's ours.

Impact

Established Member
You have no idea what will happen though do you?

Injuries, disputes - football changes very quickly and talent alone guarantees nothing.

Once upon a time we had Campbell, Ox, Gnabry, Theo Walcott and nobody here was predicting Gnabry and Ox being UCL winners.

Just let him be.

Agreed. The insistence (and weird hope) that Nelson will not make it here is absurd given his talent ceiling and bemusing given our financial limitations.

People underestimate how important three factors are to coming through as a young player: game time, fitness and confidence. There is an interrelated relationship between all three too. Unfortunately Nelson has not had all three at the same time for a long enough period to emerge. That could change very quickly like it has for Smith Rowe who less that a month ago was beginning to be considered a talented crock who would not make it here by some.

Give him time. There is a player there. It's a different situation to an Nketiah who has had all three of the above and perhaps has been unable to show that he is at or can reach the standard required.

I think he’ll go out on loan this window but I do think he’ll probably be the most to benefit from this new system that Arteta has moved to. In between the lines and in the half spaces where he can bounce off ESR and Tierney. The LW is tailored made for him imo.

I agree entirely. Nelson's associative and combination play has always been one of his biggest strengths. Cutting in from the left with Tierney providing width and having other options in the final third to connect with could help bring out more from his game. Hope we choose the loan smartly. Regular playing time to build up his confidence and fitness is imperative at this stage. A similar loan to Smith Rowe last year in that we choose a club certainly below his level but that would guarantee him minutes in his best position playing a decent brand of football is key. I look forward to him rejoining the team next season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I wouldn't be in a rush to sell him permanently especially this windownourely because Willian and Pepe cannot be relied upon at all and I'd much rather give Nelson ago if injuries meant we had to bring one of them in. That said his ceiling is becoming clearer and in the end we'll probably sell him.

This kid should make it here 100%. Potentially world class. Selling him would be as stupid as the Gnabry situation.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think we need to go Real Madrid on him. Sell for a humble fee with heavy buy back clauses.. If he flourishes, he's ours.
So Madrid will in essence be a developmental club for us?
Do you see Madrid accepting such proposal?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He definitely needs a loan, preferably at a club that can teach him to beat the first man from a set piece.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People making him out to be this world class talent yet he's shown far less than the likes of Nketiah and Willock who are now deemed not good enough on here. I don't get it. In any case he needs a loan where he is playing week in week out, that has to be sorted out this month.

Let's play Aubamawang

Sucks really. Poor lad gets a game thanks to injury then he tries to move about and make himself available, but Tierney was the only one passing him the ball. And now he's subbed off. Doesn't look great for him :(

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Sucks really. Poor lad gets a game thanks to injury then he tries to move about and make himself available, but Tierney was the only one passing him the ball. And now he's subbed off. Doesn't look great for him :(
I wouldn't jump the gun to be fair and objective. I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as Willian was and I don't think he's far behind Pepe either. Problem is, I think he needs to be humble and accept that he needs a loan so he can play an uninterrupted stretch of games, otherwise he's gonna keep having games like he had tonight.

I think his positioning was bad though, I have to disagree with you there. Some of his movement didn't make much sense, and I wished he would come deeper when he was central. Was really high up in the area at points, I think most likely was coached to mimic Martinelli's role. I want to see him go on loan this month.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

A talented footballer who is not developed enough at present. It happens.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Simply hasn’t transferred his dominance from the youth teams to the seniors. He doesn’t have the conviction to take people on and plays far too conservatively. Tierney isn’t as gifted technically or with the pace Nelson has but he was giving their right back a lot more problems than Nelson did.

ScotsGooner89

His chance to shine got stamped out by Willian in my opinion. Willian kept going over to his wing and pretty much stepping on his toes. Nelson could easy play the sort of football that ESR and Laca are allowing the team to play when they are on IMO

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom