• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaise

I actually think this wing-back thing with easing in first team could be good thing. They ll learn tracking back and playing defense and getting in physically with opponents much easier there. If you throw them right in midfield and attack after couple of good moves attacking wise, you let them off easy for bad defending. It happened from Ox to Iwobi and numerous others. Not so much pressure on wing-backs as some other positions tactically wise so you can focus on simple things first. Only reason why Ox thrives there.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I actually think this wing-back thing with easing in first team could be good thing. They ll learn tracking back and playing defense and getting in physically with opponents much easier there. If you throw them right in midfield and attack after couple of good moves attacking wise, you let them off easy for bad defending. It happened from Ox to Iwobi and numerous others. Not so much pressure on wing-backs as some other positions tactically wise so you can focus on simple things first. Only reason why Ox thrives there.

Iwobi has improved a lot defensively and workrate wise this season compared to previous seasons, without playing as full back......

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Nothing wrong with him playing wingback. It’s an attacking position in Wenger’s teams anyways.

His time will come I don’t understand the desperation to force the kid now. Team is a few injuries away where we would have no choice anyways

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What game is this? Friendly? Or is also youth EL?

Anything interesting about the line up tonight?
Some international U23 tournament we were invited to this year. It's semi serious.

Pleguezuelo played LWB, and Dragomir/Da Silva were the CMs. Willock and Nelson were the wide AMs behind Akpom. Jeorge Bird said Sheaf wasgood.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why Wenger doing this. This guy is very talented sticking him as wing back in just criminal

GDeep™

League is very weak
Minutes at wing back is a development base in senior football before he is obviously unleashed in his favourite role.

The good news that there is zero excuse for Wenger not to start a few youngsters(5-6 youngsters) in the final game of the group. In their preferred position

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Criminal ffs play him forward
If he keeps that shot on the ground it's a goal IMO. What a goal it would have been.

He would have had more chance of scoring a goal for us if he started and played forward. There's a few players who could easily have started today and given a good performance. AMN was good, Nelson and Nketiah would have done well, Willock's had a good EL so far and would have impressed. DaSilva should have gotten a start at LWB, Debuchy should have played RWB and swapped with Chambers if you had to go with experience for that spot.

There were options IMO.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
:lol: For a career as a forward? What positions were Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar's 'development base' ?
I watched Nelson play for the England U19s the other day (playing alongside Sancho, Nketiah and Willock behind them). It was so freeing to see him playing in his natural position. He was back to himself, dribbling past everyone and looking dangerous. He played as the left-sided #10 vs Porto and........well, the goal is above. Interestingly, Willock and Akpom are involved in that goal and all started on the bench tonight.

Nelson could do a lot of damage if given free reign to play in his position. He's playing which is still better than not playing, but he could be far better and more dangerous if played further forward. At this point, there's no reason to play the likes of Giroud, Iwobi or Walcott in those advanced positions ahead of him, especially not based on performance. Welbeck, I didn't mind too much, but even then - it should have been Nelson IMO. He deserves those minutes in a forward position. More than Nketiah to an extent, even though he did well to score v Norwich. Ideally, I'd have played both of them.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The good news that there is zero excuse for Wenger not to start a few youngsters(5-6 youngsters) in the final game of the group. In their preferred position

Tbh he should have been doing that today. We only needed a point to win the group, as it is we lost and still won the group. What were we ever going to learn by playing Elneny, Coq, Welbeck & Giroud, we know everything about them. Wenger misses chances like this too often, now watch him miss it again in the final game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom