• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reserve League and the next generation

M+D

Established Member
Coquelin is our new DM :wink:

Seriously though, been impressed by Merida, Coquelin, Szeczezcezezcny and Fonte. Hoyte has done OK as well.

Dunno why we're playing so high up the pitch against Sinclair though.

Kain

Established Member
Just turned the game on an hours gone, anyone stood out so far?

Randall scored, he got slaughtered on here during pre-season, good goal?

TheEmirateDon

Yes, very good goal, probably beat about 3 Chelsea defenders on his way to goals, before coolly slotting home. Great skill.

S**t. Just as I wrote that Chelsea made it 3-1. Sinclair hammers it into the top right hand corner after some crisp Chelsea play saw them catch us 4 vs 3 at the back.

EDIT: Get in. Rui Fonte makes it 3-2 with a crackajack of a free-kick.

Game on!

Djourou

our u16 won the Zinedine Zidane Tournament in Cannes <a class="postlink" href="http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/afobe-goal-seals-cannes-tournament-win-for-arsenal-youngsters/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2008/ ... oungsters/</a>

Kenyonhater

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.clubfanzine.com/arsenal/v2.showNews.php?id=14158" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.clubfanzine.com/arsenal/v2.s ... p?id=14158</a>

Good to read. Lansbury, Murphy and Hoyte forming the spine of the England U-19s in a victory over Holland.

James

Established Member
Jay Thomas also imposed himself when he came on, and set up Murphy's second after a great pass from Lansbury. Lansbury also got man of the match.

Kain

Established Member
Yea Barazite was awesome in the last 30 mins i just watched of the Derby game, did everything right, closed down the opposition short passes long passes he barely put a foot wrong, helped Derby to their first league win for a year.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Our under-18s beat Chelsea 2-0.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/3034630/youth/arsenal-yth-v-chelsea?tab=report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.arsenal.com/match-menu/3034630/yout ... tab=report</a>

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Good progress from our youth team.Luke Freeman is our top scorer with 4 goals.

Bright talent for future...

Anzac

Established Member
Question for those that get to see our 'other' teams in action (i.e. NOT the seniors, but including the C Cup squad) - do they play the same style & formations as the senior team? I haven't heard of them playing anything other than 442, and I've read reports they use space & pace more than the seniors.

James

Established Member
Kerrea Gilbert

To be tried early next year for being drunk and disorderly in Humberstone Gate on September 24th.

He denied the charge when he appeared before magistrates to confirm his name, age and address.

He was released on unconditional bail until January 29th.

hackajack

Established Member
Anzac said:
Question for those that get to see our 'other' teams in action (i.e. NOT the seniors, but including the C Cup squad) - do they play the same style & formations as the senior team? I haven't heard of them playing anything other than 442, and I've read reports they use space & pace more than the seniors.
They tend to play 4231 like the big boys (except in the CC v Sheff U when they played 442).

Anzac

Established Member
hackajack said:
Anzac said:
They tend to play 4231 like the big boys (except in the CC v Sheff U when they played 442).

So they don't do 451 / 4141 - they don't compromise their attack to 'bolster' their defence. How about when they reach the latter stages of the C Cup v top half PL teams????

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
U18 side drew 1-1 with Fulham.We went down after 33rd minutes before Benik Afode scored equalising goal from the header, 10 minutes in the 2nd half.

They will up against Norwich at Colney next week.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom