• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reyes or C Ronaldo???

calvinngai88

Everyone is only amazed by C.Ronaldo's agility and versatility and his stepovers. Though had to admit, he's quite good in headers.

Reyes is much more pacey, doesn't do stepovers; he only twists and turns the defenders, just like the superb run that splits ManU's defence but missed the open goal. And also Reyes can score more goals! :D

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's a major bonus as well as continually seting others up and creating openings for others by dragging defenders out of position.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
It is true that Ronaldo suits Man U's style better. Alot of his trickery would be lost at Arsenal, as we rely on our wingers to release the ball early and not hold onto it. I would have loved to see what Arsène Wenger would have done with Ronaldo if he had signed for us.

However, I prefer Reyes, as he is more of a direct threat while still being very entertaining to watch. His finishing, vision, and technique are all better than Ronaldo's, and is a quicker thinker, which makes him more suited to our style of play.

Arnie

But Arsenal play .. well Wengerball

That is one unique, yet fantastic analagy.
Wenger ball
lol!

I hope wenger lasts as long as the auxerre manager so we can play wenger ball for ever!!

Unbeaten

Reyes without a doubt! C.Ronaldo is good thought. Reyes is more involved in our gameplay i think? :p

Remember when Cole owned C.Ronaldo in Euro 2004? :D

n_henry

Well, obviously us Gunners are gonna prefer Reyes, and Mancs Ronnie.

Reyes for me. 8) Though Ronaldo's very good also. Not much separating the two of them, IMHO. But they are quite different players..

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
towelie said:
*Loyan* said:
Was mentioned before, but does it really matter as long as he plays well?

i guess it doesn't
i was curious
if thats okay with you
I'm not being rude towelie, just didn't realy care if he is not academically great, so long as he produces on the pitch.

A

Anonymous

What the hell, noone is gonna say Cristiano Ronaldo. We all love Reyes. Nevertheless what's the point of a thread where all argue for one viewpoint? It reads more like a group asskissing contest. Therefore, I shall argue for the diving ****: :twisted:

It is quick for people to forget the influence Ronaldo had on the Manchester team towards the end of last season, or his impact for the Portuguese national team. His play inspired two teams that were faltering-- all this in what was practically his first season for both outfits. And then let's not forget that he was considered the best in a league that included Deco.

Ronaldo is a very unselfish player, with a much stronger body, a better dribble and a better pass. He has a better football brain-- afterall he is a midfielder and I think that great attacking midfielders are more invaluable to a team than better strikers. If I am the Arsenal gaffer, I think it is far easier to replace Reyes with Bergkamp and Ronaldo for Ljunberg. Ronaldo is also very great in the air-- a skill that seems to have gone missing in the modern game. I think his versatility-- he can play across midfield and as a striker, makes him a very valuable player. I think the two are both future superstars, but Ronaldo, because he plays for Manchester shall get the most acclaim.

he he he. I'm proud of my ability to bullshit. :D

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom