• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think if we can't get Mbappe he'll probably try to get Mahrez as he knows what he can do and likes him. Probably means either Alexis back up front or a change back to 4-2-3-1. Still isn't really a signing that I can see happening though, I think Wenger and Alexis are both happy with him on the inside left position.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Sanchez doesn't want to play further forward. We're not even linked with Van Dijk, latest is that City are willing to join offer a 100M package, we can't compete.
Source for that on Alexis as Wenger said he did want to play further forward. Van Dijk is more wish list on my part. Should have signed him when we had the chance instead we signed Gabriel for the same money.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Alexis was almost unstoppable when he played as striker for us he was scoring for fun i really don't get why he don't want to

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think Mahrez is only coming if we sell Alexis or Özil. It's hard to say as we don't know if Wenger will be keeping the 343 formation or reverting to the 4231 rubbish.

If he keeps the current formation and both Alexis and Özil stay, we only need a striker, maybe a winger who's happy sitting on the bench.

Would be pretty crap if we end up replacing Alexis with Mahrez, despite what big Weng said, a massive offer and a refusal to sign on and Alexis is gone probably.

BlueFox

Hi all, interesting reading about Mahrez and your opinions.

Ask any Leicester fan and they will tell you he is the most talented player we have ever had.

Last season he was very hit and miss, i don't know why this was the case, maybe winning the title and Ranieri's bizarre tactics made a difference.

Even though he wasn't at his best he still draws defenders to him, this for me is your trump card, every game soon as he is on the ball 2 or even 3 players try to stop him.

His first touch is outstanding and beats players for fun, his only downfall is that he tries to beat to many players at once, I felt for him last season, our recruitment was shocking, he never gets any help, we was crying out for somebody to play the no10 role, just to take a little pressure of the guy

You sign him and your forward line we frighten teams to death.

Sanchez and Özil will get so much space, though he is naturally left footed he is so much better on the right, i really don't get how you wouldn't want him.

When you see some of the rubbish these days that cost £30 million, then you realise why Mahrez is rated so high.

I think £45 million is about right in today's market.

ClubLevel

Mahrez, Lemar would be good signings if we can get rid of Perez, Walcott, Wilshere. Cazorla will probably be our Rosicky and play a few games here & there. Iwobi out on loan or play in Europa.

Only leaves us with a forward signing, sell Giroud and bring in top quality and potential and we are not far off.

benjamin86

Established Member

Ask any Leicester fan and they will tell you he is the most talented player we have ever had.

Last season he was very hit and miss, i don't know why this was the case, maybe winning the title and Ranieri's bizarre tactics made a difference.

Even though he wasn't at his best he still draws defenders to him, this for me is your trump card, every game soon as he is on the ball 2 or even 3 players try to stop him.

His first touch is outstanding and beats players for fun, his only downfall is that he tries to beat to many players at once, I felt for him last season, our recruitment was shocking, he never gets any help, we was crying out for somebody to play the no10 role, just to take a little pressure of the guy

Sanchez and Özil will get so much space, though he is naturally left footed he is so much better on the right, i really don't get how you wouldn't want him.

When you see some of the rubbish these days that cost £30 million, then you realise why Mahrez is rated so high.

Chuck in Ndidi as well?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

it's not only Mahrez struggled last season for your team most the players in your squad including Vardy struggled Mahrez is still talented player you right but with our current formation 3-4-2-1 i don't know where he'll fit if Alexis and Özil stay.

benjamin86

Established Member
it's not only Mahrez struggled last season for your team most the players in your squad including Vardy struggled Mahrez is still talented player you right but with our current formation 3-4-2-1 i don't know where he'll fit if Alexis and Özil stay.
Stick Alexis back up front?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The British football press amazes me. I listened to Wenger's interview and read his comments and I came away with the feeling that while he likes Mahrez (what else was he going to say?) that he's somewhere down the pecking order. Somebody Wenger might bid on if he misses out on other targets (especially if Sanchez leaves, which would open up a spot for him that isn't available now). But the English papers are playing it up as though a bid is practically imminent with headlines such as "Wenger is keen to bring Mahrez to Arsenal" or whatnot. I mean, I expect this from the click bait blogs, but actual newspapers should stick more to the facts. And I say this as somebody who wrote about sports for a living for about 30 years.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The British football press amazes me. I listened to Wenger's interview and read his comments and I came away with the feeling that while he likes Mahrez (what else was he going to say?) that he's somewhere down the pecking order. Somebody Wenger might bid on if he misses out on other targets (especially if Sanchez leaves, which would open up a spot for him that isn't available now). But the English papers are playing it up as though a bid is practically imminent with headlines such as "Wenger is keen to bring Mahrez to Arsenal" or whatnot. I mean, I expect this from the click bait blogs, but actual newspapers should stick more to the facts. And I say this as somebody who wrote about sports for a living for about 30 years.
Wenger said we didn't make bid (yet) that mean we could make bid soon.

GDeep™

League is very weak

His ability to beat his man and draw defenders is what I find most appealing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
In games where teams park the bus, and it happens all the time at home, we look clueless. At least a Mahrez can attract a few players which allows space to open for others.

BlueFox

I noticed you played with 3 CB's at the end and 2 Wing backs.

Could you not play 4-5-1 , get a defensive midfielder in , play Özil in the hole,Sanchez and Mahrez as your wide men, and sign a Mobile target man in replace of Giroud?

blaise

I d actually try for Bale if Mbappe goes to Madrid, think Bale would blossom in this 3-4-2-1, he and Sanchez can change positions all game, we really dont need Lukaku types for our attack, we just need pace and some more pace.

say yes

forum master baiter
I noticed you played with 3 CB's at the end and 2 Wing backs.

Could you not play 4-5-1 , get a defensive midfielder in , play Özil in the hole,Sanchez and Mahrez as your wide men, and sign a Mobile target man in replace of Giroud?

Think it's very unlikely we'll keep Sanchez and Özil.

If we do and sign Mahrez then it will mean Wenger going back to his preferred 4231 formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom