• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lacazette 45m
Mahrez 35m (supposedly)

Leaves 20m of budget left if our budget is 100m. Then you add on outgoings which could easily come to 80m without Alexis leaving. We have the capacity to go in hard for a CM.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We're not signing Mbappe. And it's either Lemar or Mahrez.
I don't see a problem.

Lemar and mahrez are markedly different players. One is an all rounder more of a team player. The other an individual who can give you those moments of absolute magic. So this idea that its either lemar or mahrez doesn't fly. I can actually see lemar being shifted in to cm next to Dhaka. as he's brilliant at transitioning the play, has the athleticism as well as the game intelligence to thrive in there.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Lemar and mahrez are markedly different players. One is an all rounder more of a team player. The other an individual who can give you those moments of absolute magic. So this idea that its either lemar or mahrez doesn't fly. I can actually see lemar being shifted in to cm next to Dhaka. as he's brilliant at transitioning the play, has the athleticism as well as the game intelligence to thrive in there.

Oh lor, suit yourself. I'm tired of this convo.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

As you pointed out, nobody expected anything of them that season. Mahrez was often left 1-on-1 against fullbacks which you no longer see. You saw what happened once teams wised up. Defence and counter attack was the bedrock of that team. Mahrez was given a platform that he duly exploited with tremendous skill but he went AWOL once teams dropped deeper and he was required to put in a bigger shift.

Does he have phenomenal ability? Ofcourse. But is that where we've been failing? Once Kante was sold they were left exposed and with nobody to go get him the ball, Mahrez was next to useless. That's why I think we need ball winners to supplement people like (potentially) him and Özil. They aren't going to shift the momentum of a game you are losing. My argument is simply that we do not have enough of those players, especially if we lose Sanchez.

You're right, relative to Leicester. But if teams double mark him playing for Arsenal, that frees up Özil, Alexis? and Lacazette. If they don't, he will get back to his blistering best.

There's a big difference when the supporting cast is not Slimani, Okazaki, Vardy and Albrighton in my opinion and this will work to our advantage.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@GDeep™
riyad.gif

Aevi

Hale End FC
If we bought Mahrez then Wenger is going back to 4-3-3 and that mean we aren't buying a midfielder.
Not necessarily, I actually reckon Mahrez would be okay with being backup to Alexis and Özil just to get away from Leicester and play for a big club. He isn't that highly sought after atm after all, he doesn't have that many bargaining chips.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Would rather give Nelson more of a chance than spend money on Mahrez who wouldn't be first choice if we stick with 3-4-3 (with Alexis and Özil staying).

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not necessarily, I actually reckon Mahrez would be okay with being backup to Alexis and Özil just to get away from Leicester and play for a big club. He isn't that highly sought after atm after all, he doesn't have that many bargaining chips.
I don't think we gonna pay 35-40M for a player to be a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom