• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Won't lie I'd like to get him in quick, think he'd slot in better than Lemar for the first season at least. Then we can go big on a CM.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
This transfer would make a huge amount of sense provided that we had a front 4. I'd be prepared to go back to a 4-2-3-1 if ot meant a front 4 of Mahrez, Sanchez, Özil and Lacazette.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
This transfer would make a huge amount of sense provided that we had a front 4. I'd be prepared to go back to a 4-2-3-1 if ot meant a front 4 of Mahrez, Sanchez, Özil and Lacazette.
I agree - to some extent, but we would be defensively exposed. Especially with two fullbacks flying forward on any given opportunity.

Mike Vinna

Using Walcott in that deal would be a no-brainer for me. However, Theo would have to be willing to go there (doubtful) and Wenger would have to give up on one of the longest serving players (doubtful yet again).

Kanonier

Buy Riyad Mahrez NOW and forget about Lemar. Sure...he's a talented young player and had a great season at Ligue 1 and the CL, but he plays at an inferior league compared to the EPL, it is unknown whether he will make it, and he costs 50% more than a proven EPL player like Mahrez. Why take such a huge risk? To me this is a no brainer. I'd rather we spend wisely instead of splashing cash around like crazy. If you are going tongo big then do it with a freakishly talented youngster like Mbappe.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Buy Riyad Mahrez NOW and forget about Lemar. Sure...he's a talented young player and had a great season at Ligue 1 and the CL, but he plays at an inferior league compared to the EPL, it is unknown whether he will make it, and he costs 50% more than a proven EPL player like Mahrez. Why take such a huge risk? To me this is a no brainer. I'd rather we spend wisely instead of splashing cash around like crazy. If you are going tongo big then do it with a freakishly talented youngster like Mbappe.

Kinda agree. As much as I like Lemar he is risky at such a high fee compared to Mahrez.

If Mbappe is indeed 100% off the table, I hope we get Mahrez done and dusted as soon as possible.
Would be nice to get a talented CM as well. Should be doable cashwise as well as Mahrez is relatively cheap.

halfvolley

Think it will be easier to get rid of some dross if we do our business early.
- Look here fam, Lacazette and Mahrez are here now. You'll get zero minutes so if you want to play football you're going to have to find another team to do it in. Thanks for everything.

Kanonier

Think it will be easier to get rid of some dross if we do our business early.
- Look here fam, Lacazette and Mahrez are here now. You'll get zero minutes so if you want to play football you're going to have to find another team to do it in. Thanks for everything.

Agreed. Time to move on Theo Walcott, Mohammed Elneny, Mathieu Debuchy, Kieran Gibbs, Joel Campbell and Carl Jenkinson.

Mudi

Mahrez and a CM on top of Lacazette and Kolasinac with keeping Özil and Sanchez and losing deadwoods like Walcott, Perez, Debuchy, Coquelin, Jenkinson, Campbell, ... would be the best transfer period EVER!!!

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I think we need someone like Mahrez even in the 3-4-2-1, because both of our AMs in that formation are on the last year of their contracts and we also lack any quality back-up if both stay... Mahrez is better suited to that role compared to Lemar, and his playstyle has also a lot in common with Özil's and Sanchez'. He is ideal for the right price.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
We need more players who are comfortable when in possession, especially in big matches against teams that press high and pin us back. Mahrez has that explosiveness and the dribbling skills that can make the difference in such games. I hope we sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom