• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Mahrez is a great player but where does he fit into our team?

If Alexis and Özil stay as they are expected to and we keep our very successful 3-4-2-1 formation, then there's no room in Mahrez in the starting lineup. The only way we could accommodate Mahrez is if we reverted back to the 4-2-3-1 which although a front 4 of LMAO in Lacazette, Mahrez, Alexis and Özil is an exciting prospect. However I don't want to risk losing the defensive and midfield stability that the 3-4-2-1 brings as well as having two Wing backs in Seo and Ox who are perfect for the formation.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Mahrez is a great player but where does he fit into our team?

If Alexis and Özil stay as they are expected to and we keep our very successful 3-4-2-1 formation, then there's no room in Mahrez in the starting lineup. The only way we could accommodate Mahrez is if we reverted back to the 4-2-3-1 which although a front 4 of LMAO in Lacazette, Mahrez, Alexis and Özil is an exciting prospect. However I don't want to risk losing the defensive and midfield stability that the 3-4-2-1 brings as well as having two Wing backs in Seo and Ox who are perfect for the formation.

Rotation. It's what big clubs do. Keeps players fresh.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
People making a meal out of these formation discussions. Sign the player, and worry about it later.

We've some absolute **** players like walcott, giroud, perez, ox, etc. stinking up places in attack ffs. Le'ts get real here.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Not particularly. But looking at the above article and lately paying attention to what he writes he's not as bad as made out to be.

Cross tweeted and (then deleted) that we are happy with our striking options we weren't looking to bring any forward in less than a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom