• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Mahrez wants to leave, he's said so himself, Leicester will sell him for 30-40 imo. And for that price he's defiantly worth it.

Imo as well, hard work and defensive duties are taught and players will learn to adapt to it, as seen with Özil and Walcott to an extent, he'll never ever be a defender, but teaching the basics and telling him he needs to help out in putting pressure on and such can be achieved. I want Mahrez but don't want to switch back to the old formation, although we can still be class with it.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Maybe. I'm not sure he's any better than Lucas, but he would have been given more of a chance and possibly might have stayed more healthy.
We've only seen a little from Lucas admittedly but I'm sure Vardy's much better. Great off the ball movement and decent finishing, the opposite of Welbeck basically. Think he would have banged the goals in for us, I suppose this was Wenger's thinking anyway.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
We've only seen a little from Lucas admittedly but I'm sure Vardy's much better. Great off the ball movement and decent finishing, the opposite of Welbeck basically. Think he would have banged the goals in for us, I suppose this was Wenger's thinking anyway.

He does go all out for the goal, but I think other parts of his game are lacking. Lucas is a far superior passer. But I guess now we'll never know how it would have worked out. And I'm quite happy to have Lacazette.

Godwin1

Very well-known
He does go all out for the goal, but I think other parts of his game are lacking. Lucas is a far superior passer. But I guess now we'll never know how it would have worked out. And I'm quite happy to have Lacazette.
I'm happy with Laca as well going from what I know about him. Why didn't we go hard for him last season though? Did it really take missing out on top 4 for us to realise we needed someone in this position or we just couldn't make a deal with Lyon?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm happy with Laca as well going from what I know about him. Why didn't we go hard for him last season though? Did it really take missing out on top 4 for us to realise we needed someone in this position or we just couldn't make a deal with Lyon?

We tried with a 40M offer I think, but Lyon wanted 65ish.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Aaah, just sign him already. I hate this waiting on "dominos to fall" part of the transfer season. On the plus side we have 2 signings already!

Yato

Well, we maxed our non homegrown players so we can't bring more until we sell some.

Perez, Campbell, Ospina, Debuchy.

Token Yank

i would get Jean Seri to play next to Xhaka instead of Ramsey and we would have an insane team two controllers dictating the game to set up those 4 is mouthwatering to be honest
Yep!! This is my wish. Go back to 4231 with Seri and Xhaka. Laca, Sanchez, Özil, and Mahrez (Lemar) all interchanging would be devasting.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
For a player with the lazy tag his defensive stats look very similar to 'workhorse' Alexis.
And that's why you should agree that stats, while being great back up for an argument, are by no means conclusive to proving it. Although I have never really rated Sanchez's defending and feel it probably got worse as he was given more freedom in the team. Our at least once he settled and solidified his role as our star m man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom