• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Interesting read. Think it misses a lot. We knew Cech was a top keeper and we knew the way we defended exposed him. Could it be argued that simply we concede chances in areas which play to Cechs strengths? Also I remember the Middlesbrough game and we struggled a lot. That was mainly due to our lack of understanding of the system so there will always be a bedding in period.
Anyway. I don't think it's a myth when you concede less goals and you beat teams who you don't normally beat. There is more to it than that. The real proof either way will be next season if we continue to score more and concede less goals.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Interesting read. Think it misses a lot. We knew Cech was a top keeper and we knew the way we defended exposed him. Could it be argued that simply we concede chances in areas which play to Cechs strengths? Also I remember the Middlesbrough game and we struggled a lot. That was mainly due to our lack of understanding of the system so there will always be a bedding in period.
Anyway. I don't think it's a myth when you concede less goals and you beat teams who you don't normally beat. There is more to it than that. The real proof either way will be next season if we continue to score more and concede less goals.

I don't think it's down to conceding chances that Cech is better at saving. Wenger said he changed formation. To allow for more focus and that's what he got. Don't forget at the start of the season we played some of our best football in a 4 2 31 with Alexis up top.

Formations don't win you games. Players do. We were beaten comfortably by Sp**s with 3 at the back.

If we sign Lemar and Alexis stays, the only way to get them all in the side is with 4 at the back.

----------------------Lacazette
Lemar-------------Özil----------Alex is
-------------Xhaka------Ramsey
Kolasinac-Kos-Mustafi---Bellerin
----------------------Cech

-----------Alexis------------Özil
-----------------Lemar-Ramsey
-------------------------Xhaka
Kolasinac-KosMustafi-Bellerin
---------------------Cech

neimad

Shakespeare said Mahrez has handed in a transfer request though. They had an interview with him on Sky Sports. Said if a really good offer came in they'd "take a look at it."

I think if Mahrez is moping around the place like in that clip it'll help us.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Shakespeare said Mahrez has handed in a transfer request though. They had an interview with him on Sky Sports. Said if a really good offer came in they'd "take a look at it."

I think if Mahrez is moping around the place like in that clip it'll help us.

He really said that?

TriniGunner

I don't think it's down to conceding chances that Cech is better at saving. Wenger said he changed formation. To allow for more focus and that's what he got. Don't forget at the start of the season we played some of our best football in a 4 2 31 with Alexis up top.

Formations don't win you games. Players do. We were beaten comfortably by Sp**s with 3 at the back.

If we sign Lemar and Alexis stays, the only way to get them all in the side is with 4 at the back.

Lemar-------------Özil----------Alex is
-------------Xhaka------Ramsey
Kolasinac-Kos-Mustafi---Bellerin
----------------------Cech

-----------Alexis------------Özil
-----------------Lemar-Ramsey
-------------------------Xhaka
Kolasinac-KosMustafi-Bellerin
---------------------Cech

We're going with 3 at the back next season. You could bet your house on that.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

They say there are lies, damn lies and statistics. Arsène Wenger says he's sticking with the 3-4-2-1 because it brought more defensive stability to the club and better utilized the abilities of the players. They certainly looked more stable defensively to me with the 3-man back. Certainly Arsenal was far less vulnerable to the counter attack (as Martin Keown pointed out recently in endorsing the continued use of the formation). And even among the statistics, the only one that really counts is that Arsenal gave up 0.7 goals per game with 3 at the back compared to 1.3 before. Analytics have their place, but the game's not played on paper.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
****. Just watched it again. He was saying that even though Mahrez has said he wants to leave as opposed to handing in a transfer request. Wishful thinking on my behalf.
Yeah I was wondering how Leicester would stick to their 50 mil valuation if he's handed in a request :p

One Love

Still think Mahrez is merely an option only if Alexis leaves. We're absolutely in for Lemar and if there's to be a signing after it'll be a proper CM.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They're desperate for that money, shame it's going to Monaco for the best player in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom