• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He has most minutes played in the whole team this year (behind Leno) and we have in the second best defence in the league.

It's amazing how he has performed and been healthy. Knock on wood. I really hope we could rotate him a bit to ease the strain, but luckily Gabriel is coming back.

Melquiades

He has most minutes played in the whole team this year (behind Leno) and we have in the second best defence in the league.

The movement from Sell him! --> Actually, maybe he's a decent squaddie --> Ok, maybe he's good starting for us now but now when we're top-4 has been fascinating, and I expect it will reach 'Actually, this guy is a legit long-term outstanding player' once he starts getting England caps.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The movement from Sell him! --> Actually, maybe he's a decent squaddie --> Ok, maybe he's good starting for us now but now when we're top-4 has been fascinating, and I expect it will reach 'Actually, this guy is a legit long-term outstanding player' once he starts getting England caps.

Yeah, it's a bit funny as you put it so.

I personally have always thought he has it in him to become an Arsenal starting or squad CB.

After his injury I didn't believe he could make this kind of recovery. He is pushing for the starting job. He is a true humble fighter.

His passing is a bit lacking, and speed, but has some good long passes in him also.

I think he will become a squad/rotation player later, and it would be great for Arsenal's depth in defence and leadership.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I am very impressed and happy with his performance this season, but I think he ultimately lacks ability on the ball (both passing range and progressive runs) to be our long term starting CB.

Definitely a very solid squad option, though. Hope either Saliba comes good or we get a starting RCB in next year.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...Can see why Arteta rates Rob, sees a lot of himself in him.

Mikel is the greatest Spanish player to never get a cap, while Rob will probably become the greatest English player to never get a cap (due to the bias against English Arsenal players these days) shame.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mikel is the greatest Spanish player to never get a cap, while Rob will probably become the greatest English player to never get a cap (due to the bias against English Arsenal players these days) shame.
I'm all for it. Say no to International Football (unless you are a Norwegian footballer, as you then should play for King and country)

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Obviously it would be great for Holding personally to get a call up but selfishly I'm happy for him to fly under the radar and keep doing what he's doing rather than him being more magnified as an international.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

How is Harry Maguire first choice for England and our Rob can't get a cap?

novar

Because Maguire can defend without 10 partners camping in their own half close to him

He has done well but he looks like a top Burnley defender, not a top England NT defender

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Don't care much for international football at all, but if that's his dream the Rob definitely deserves at least one cap.

I don't think he is that far from it, if Mings and Coady can get in (No slight on them, I think they've been good).

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Because Maguire can defend without 10 partners camping in their own half close to him

He has done well but he looks like a top Burnley defender, not a top England NT defender
You mean to say utd don't defend like that? Their plan A is literally park and counter under Ole.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Maguire needs the same thing as well. Looks awful with any pressure on him.

If they’re playing a back two it probably should be Stones - Gomez but Southgate will never drop Maguire.

Probably playing 3 atb with those clowns Keane and Mings.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

Are you talking about slabhead?

Did you miss the period around October/November when he was making a mess at the back and all of England closed ranks to protect Dear ol' Harry?

I searched Harry Maguire mistake and found videos ranging from "This is Sunday Morning Level" to " Is Manchester United's Harry Maguire the worst 80 million pound signing" to "The Art of How not to defend"

If only Rob cost 80 million and played for a media darling.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes he wasn't having great day missing headers for fun and these long balls he need to stop it he always overhit it

Jae

Today's game aside, I'm yet to be convinced by him. He (much like Luiz) is always prone to dropping a clanger and he makes at least a couple of questionable decisions every game. ALWAYS gets caught out of position and has to be bailed out. Did it today in the lead up to their penalty.

I'm happy to be proven wrong but I think he's someone we should be looking to upgrade on.

I've always seen Chambers as the more talented player, but unfortunately he's a crock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom