• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I suggested going for him in the summer (when it was revealed he had a £12m release clause) and trying him as a striker.
He has everything, size, strength, speed, really good feet and a bullet of a shot, he's basically Ronaldo without the 50 goals a season.

He really doesn't have everything. His decision making is shocking, his passing is below average. For his height he isn't good in the air, his ball control has much to be desired. On top of that, he's an absolute ****, and not the kind you would want on your team, more like the kind you'd end up knocking out in training.

mmac76

Should already be a fan favorite if he wasn't by now. Brilliant find.

ws interesting to see him being interviewed on MOTD - presumably the club put him forward, good to see him being fully integrated in the first team like that

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
He really doesn't have everything. His decision making is shocking, his passing is below average. For his height he isn't good in the air, his ball control has much to be desired. On top of that, he's an absolute ****, and not the kind you would want on your team, more like the kind you'd end up knocking out in training.

Well alright , "everything" was obviously an exaggeration, if he had "everything" he wouldn't be playing for Stoke but he has alot.
He has pace, power and technical ability, yes he doesn't always make the right choice and yes he's a bit of a **** I just thought in the summer with the striker market as bare as it was for £12m he was worth a go.

karl

Thought this was a Holding thread. Couldn't watch the match while at work yesterday, but Rob looked immense on the highlights. He really has some grit and great to see him dishing it out to Stoke!

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Arnautovic seems to go past most players though when he wants.

What do people think of him btw? There is something about him that makes me think he could offer something off the bench here.

Similar player to Bale in style and standard but without the ridiculous media over hype propaganda.

Good player but not world class; Mane and Bale level.

Last edited:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
His ball control is pretty good. Rest I tend to agree with. He hasn't improved much and his talent got to his head when everyone was raving about him being the next Zlatan as he broke through. You can just tell from his body language alone that he'd be a flop if he took a step up.

billyf

Arnautovic seems to go past most players though when he wants.

What do people think of him btw? There is something about him that makes me think he could offer something off the bench here.
He could be a good option coming from the bench, indeed. I don't know if he would accept such a role, though.

He is a strange player. He's a similar case to Ibrahimovic for me. Not as much talented as Ibra but a similar case. Ibrahimovic in his early years was moving a lot outside the box, dribbling, doing silly stuff etc because managers let him do what he wanted. When he moved to Juventus Capello insisted that he should move more inside the box and improve his finishing. Ibra listened to him and he became the striker we all know. Arnautovic never made this step, he's 192 CMs tall and still playing outside the box as a winger or whatever he thinks he is.

skip spence

He could be a good option coming from the bench, indeed. I don't know if he would accept such a role, though.

He is a strange player. He's a similar case to Ibrahimovic for me. Not as much talented as Ibra but a similar case. Ibrahimovic in his early years was moving a lot outside the box, dribbling, doing silly stuff etc because managers let him do what he wanted. When he moved to Juventus Capello insisted that he should move more inside the box and improve his finishing. Ibra listened to him and he became the striker we all know. Arnautovic never made this step, he's 192 CMs tall and still playing outside the box as a winger or whatever he thinks he is.
Good point actually. Not sure Arnautovic has it in him to become a top striker but he seems to have the tool-set for it. Every once in a blue moon he when he's in the mood he's almost unplayable. Not sure either why Arnautovic is discussed in Rob Holding's thread. The latter deserves better.

Mitch

Bale standard?? Bale is a starter at Real Madrid and one of their biggest stars, likely to get about 20 league goals a year from the wing. Arnautovic at Real Madrid though.. :lol::lol::lol:

The wonders the media propaganda can do. Up there with Denilson being world most expensive player at one time, Carroll signing for Liverpool for 35m, Sissoko to Sp**s, Torres to Chelsea and pogba to Utd. The most expensive flops in footballing history.

Bale was the worst player in the entire Madrid squad in his first two seasons and was attacked and booed by fans. Bale was great last season and finally started showing some way to living up to the media hype until this season where he has been okay or poor depending how harsh you judge a player. For me Bale is a good player but certianly not world class (Madrid have better players on the bench) and is in the same bracket as Arnautovic, Walcott, Mane, Pedro etc.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You can certainly tell Bale came through the Southampton academy but the Madrid crowd will boo anyone... Ronaldo, Casillas, Raul... They take no prisoners.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Yeah it was Pleat. Terrible stuff he said, terrible pundit.
NBC really has some super ****y pundits, and most of them are huge anti Arsenal and they take every chance to express that.
Disgusting

NBC's feed/games are just a English TV feed more often than not. Besides when NBC they have Arlo White (and Lee Dixon) there calling a game and interacting with the studio in the lead up/ FT, NBC just puts on a, rebranded, feed which either BT or Sky is doing in England. That's why you get mugs like Pleat from time to time, but others you get class announcers Peter Drury (BT), Ian Darke (BT) or Rob Hawthorne (Sky) calling games.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

The wonders the media propaganda can do. Up there with Denilson being world most expensive player at one time, Carroll signing for Liverpool for 35m, Sissoko to Sp**s, Torres to Chelsea and pogba to Utd. The most expensive flops in footballing history.

Bale was the worst player in the entire Madrid squad in his first two seasons and was attacked and booed by fans. Bale was great last season and finally started showing some way to living up to the media hype until this season where he has been okay or poor depending how harsh you judge a player. For me Bale is a good player but certianly not world class (Madrid have better players on the bench) and is in the same bracket as Arnautovic, Walcott, Mane, Pedro etc.

He scored 15 league goals and assisted 13 in his first season coupled with a crucial Copa del Rey goal. Hardly the worst player.

Secondly, don't ever group those players in the same bracket as him as they struggle to even amass half of his numbers over a season bar Mane. :lol:

Mitch

He scored 15 league goals and assisted 13 in his first season coupled with a crucial Copa del Rey goal. Hardly the worst player.

Secondly, don't ever group those players in the same bracket as him as they struggle to even amass half of his numbers over a season bar Mane. :lol:

If we are judging a purley on numbers than Podolski was world class for us, as is Giroud and Walcott. Kevin Nolan is probably the best example to validate my point. You have to watch their performances and not just base it on numbers.

For example Bale has the same amount of goals this season as Snodgrass (7).

skip spence

Yeah you're making yourself look bad now @Mitch . Bale may not be the smoothest technician in world football but he's very possibly the strongest runner, an absolute force of nature with a ferocious shot to boot. Easily a top 10 player in the world, maybe even top 5. The very definition of "world class". Comparing him with the likes of arnautovic or Walcott is laughable. So they booed him at RM? Just imagine Walcott over there! He would be lynched, poor sod.

Mitch

Yeah you're making yourself look bad now @Mitch . Bale may not be the smoothest technician in world football but he's very possibly the strongest runner, an absolute force of nature with a ferocious shot to boot. Easily a top 10 player in the world, maybe even top 5. The very definition of "world class". Comparing him with the likes of arnautovic or Walcott is laughable. So they booed him at RM? Just imagine Walcott over there! He would be lynched, poor sod.

Top ten player in the world? :lol:Based on what? British media? It's certainly not on his performances this season or his first two seasons at Madrid. Why do people feel the need to rewrite history to fit their agendas with players? Or just go on what his rating on a computer game thingy is instead of watching him play?

Just look at the comments on the English Madrid fan forum:

Comment 1 - 25th April
"Misses the half finals? Can't be any happier. Atletico has been his worst opponent. Never was a fan, never will be, supported him when he did good, but you don't pay 100 million for a average Britt. I was preaching this at his arrival, way too much money for a average player. I don't even consider him world world class. Ronaldo at least was there every game in these years, he paid off his sum, but this Bale man, no words."

Comment 2
"It's amazing that as real madrid fans, so many of us are relieved to see one of our players sidelined until the end of the season (including me). shows you how much people value him.
2. Perez will never sell Bale. its pure BS. Perez list of failed signing goes 15 years back. he never admit a mistake, especially when he paid 100million for the mistake. Bale will play 15-20 games a year until he ends his contract.
3. even if Perez will be willing to sell, we will be luck to get $20M for Bale at this point."
A

Comment 3
" I a m REALLY hoping for a mega offer from United for Bale. It has been 4 seasons, I've seen enough. I want to see what Asensio can do with an extended run on the right side with Bale out for the next few weeks. I prefer Asensio cutting in on the right, rather than on the left where he just constantly crosses"

Comment 4
"Zidane starting Bale in finale would be a massive facepalm. Allegri would be doing the cha-cha-cha."

Comment 5
"It never ceases to amaze me why a player who lacks technical ability, dribbling, creativity..etc... and all that stands out is speed, gets such high praise. His speed on itself can be added value in England, but not in Spain which demands also technical ability. As cherry on top, he is constantly injured.

If he is considered as one of the players who will take the mantle from CR7 and Messi, then there is something wrong with football."

Comment 6
" I don't know what top 5 player in the world are some of you guys referring to. These are all attacking stats per 90 mins and he is not the best in any of them compared to his teammates Isco/James/Asensio
http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...als_scored/shot_accuracy/successful_passes#90"

Comment 7

"What a disappointment he's turned out to be and a player we can no longer count on to stay healthy or in form. Time to ship him off in the summer."

Comment 8
"If either James or Isco had three consecutive performances just like how Bale's played in the last three games they probably wouldn't even be called up for the next game.
These guys from what I've seen have never had two bad games in a row and this is now the third for Bale.
If we could sale Bale and get someone like Dembele/Hazard/Alexis and keep James and Isco I would take it.
At this point dismantling the BBC should br considered and it does not matter which of the three departs or if one or two or even all three".

Comment 9
"He was very average yesterday once again - that is 4 games in row now. Only had 38 touches in 70 minutes, compared to Asensio who had 32 touches in only 23 minutes. His passing accuracy was sub-par, at 77%, lowest in the team. 0 Key passes, 0 dribbles, 0 crosses. :/"

Comment 10
"Was very lucky not to get a red card tonight for a silly tackle whats with this attitude and aggression sinces hes come back ? was also very poor again tonight, hes form has been horrible since returning ."

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Top ten player in the world? :lol:Based on what? British media? It's certainly not on his performances this season or his first two seasons at Madrid. Why do people feel the need to rewrite history to fit their agendas with players? Or just go on what his rating on a computer game thingy is instead of watching him play?

Just look at the comments on the English Madrid fan forum:

Comment 1 - 25th April
"Misses the half finals? Can't be any happier. Atletico has been his worst opponent. Never was a fan, never will be, supported him when he did good, but you don't pay 100 million for a average Britt. I was preaching this at his arrival, way too much money for a average player. I don't even consider him world world class. Ronaldo at least was there every game in these years, he paid off his sum, but this Bale man, no words."

Comment 2
"It's amazing that as real madrid fans, so many of us are relieved to see one of our players sidelined until the end of the season (including me). shows you how much people value him.
2. Perez will never sell Bale. its pure BS. Perez list of failed signing goes 15 years back. he never admit a mistake, especially when he paid 100million for the mistake. Bale will play 15-20 games a year until he ends his contract.
3. even if Perez will be willing to sell, we will be luck to get $20M for Bale at this point."
A

Comment 3
" I a m REALLY hoping for a mega offer from United for Bale. It has been 4 seasons, I've seen enough. I want to see what Asensio can do with an extended run on the right side with Bale out for the next few weeks. I prefer Asensio cutting in on the right, rather than on the left where he just constantly crosses"

Comment 4
"Zidane starting Bale in finale would be a massive facepalm. Allegri would be doing the cha-cha-cha."

Comment 5
"It never ceases to amaze me why a player who lacks technical ability, dribbling, creativity..etc... and all that stands out is speed, gets such high praise. His speed on itself can be added value in England, but not in Spain which demands also technical ability. As cherry on top, he is constantly injured.

If he is considered as one of the players who will take the mantle from CR7 and Messi, then there is something wrong with football."

Comment 6
" I don't know what top 5 player in the world are some of you guys referring to. These are all attacking stats per 90 mins and he is not the best in any of them compared to his teammates Isco/James/Asensio
http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...als_scored/shot_accuracy/successful_passes#90"

Comment 7

"What a disappointment he's turned out to be and a player we can no longer count on to stay healthy or in form. Time to ship him off in the summer."

Comment 8
"If either James or Isco had three consecutive performances just like how Bale's played in the last three games they probably wouldn't even be called up for the next game.
These guys from what I've seen have never had two bad games in a row and this is now the third for Bale.
If we could sale Bale and get someone like Dembele/Hazard/Alexis and keep James and Isco I would take it.
At this point dismantling the BBC should br considered and it does not matter which of the three departs or if one or two or even all three".

Comment 9
"He was very average yesterday once again - that is 4 games in row now. Only had 38 touches in 70 minutes, compared to Asensio who had 32 touches in only 23 minutes. His passing accuracy was sub-par, at 77%, lowest in the team. 0 Key passes, 0 dribbles, 0 crosses. :/"

Comment 10
"Was very lucky not to get a red card tonight for a silly tackle whats with this attitude and aggression sinces hes come back ? was also very poor again tonight, hes form has been horrible since returning ."
No idea what this proves, even though I get where you're coming from. These forums, this one in particular, rate players all over the show. I've seen Henry be called "nothing but a speedster" and many other good players get slated left right and centre on these forums.

Worth noting that Madrid fans are impossible to please. You can win 1-0 the whole season and they'll be unhappy because they didn't get enough goals to watch. Arrogant fan base that.

Still, your point is valid. Not a 100M player in my eyes either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom