• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmac76

Top ten player in the world? :lol:Based on what? British media? It's certainly not on his performances this season or his first two seasons at Madrid. Why do people feel the need to rewrite history to fit their agendas with players? Or just go on what his rating on a computer game thingy is instead of watching him play?

Just look at the comments on the English Madrid fan forum:

Comment 1 - 25th April
"Misses the half finals? Can't be any happier. Atletico has been his worst opponent. Never was a fan, never will be, supported him when he did good, but you don't pay 100 million for a average Britt. I was preaching this at his arrival, way too much money for a average player. I don't even consider him world world class. Ronaldo at least was there every game in these years, he paid off his sum, but this Bale man, no words."

Comment 2
"It's amazing that as real madrid fans, so many of us are relieved to see one of our players sidelined until the end of the season (including me). shows you how much people value him.
2. Perez will never sell Bale. its pure BS. Perez list of failed signing goes 15 years back. he never admit a mistake, especially when he paid 100million for the mistake. Bale will play 15-20 games a year until he ends his contract.
3. even if Perez will be willing to sell, we will be luck to get $20M for Bale at this point."
A

Comment 3
" I a m REALLY hoping for a mega offer from United for Bale. It has been 4 seasons, I've seen enough. I want to see what Asensio can do with an extended run on the right side with Bale out for the next few weeks. I prefer Asensio cutting in on the right, rather than on the left where he just constantly crosses"

Comment 4
"Zidane starting Bale in finale would be a massive facepalm. Allegri would be doing the cha-cha-cha."

Comment 5
"It never ceases to amaze me why a player who lacks technical ability, dribbling, creativity..etc... and all that stands out is speed, gets such high praise. His speed on itself can be added value in England, but not in Spain which demands also technical ability. As cherry on top, he is constantly injured.

If he is considered as one of the players who will take the mantle from CR7 and Messi, then there is something wrong with football."

Comment 6
" I don't know what top 5 player in the world are some of you guys referring to. These are all attacking stats per 90 mins and he is not the best in any of them compared to his teammates Isco/James/Asensio
http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...als_scored/shot_accuracy/successful_passes#90"

Comment 7

"What a disappointment he's turned out to be and a player we can no longer count on to stay healthy or in form. Time to ship him off in the summer."

Comment 8
"If either James or Isco had three consecutive performances just like how Bale's played in the last three games they probably wouldn't even be called up for the next game.
These guys from what I've seen have never had two bad games in a row and this is now the third for Bale.
If we could sale Bale and get someone like Dembele/Hazard/Alexis and keep James and Isco I would take it.
At this point dismantling the BBC should br considered and it does not matter which of the three departs or if one or two or even all three".

Comment 9
"He was very average yesterday once again - that is 4 games in row now. Only had 38 touches in 70 minutes, compared to Asensio who had 32 touches in only 23 minutes. His passing accuracy was sub-par, at 77%, lowest in the team. 0 Key passes, 0 dribbles, 0 crosses. :/"

Comment 10
"Was very lucky not to get a red card tonight for a silly tackle whats with this attitude and aggression sinces hes come back ? was also very poor again tonight, hes form has been horrible since returning ."

i stopped at the one who said Bale is 'a player who lacks technical ability, dribbling, creativity'

total and utter b******s :lol::lol::lol:

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Holding looks a good player but he hasn't played much yet. I remember when Chambers first got in the team people were talking him up to a similar level. Then after he played quite a lot of games in his first season, he became something of a scapegoat. Better to keep expectations reasonable. Luckily for Holding, he has a lot of cover in case he needs to be taken out of the side at any point to refocus.

trippyhippy

Holding looks a good player but he hasn't played much yet. I remember when Chambers first got in the team people were talking him up to a similar level. Then after he played quite a lot of games in his first season, he became something of a scapegoat. Better to keep expectations reasonable. Luckily for Holding, he has a lot of cover in case he needs to be taken out of the side at any point to refocus.

this is a good point, however chambers played Rb for us and he got tore up by montero and has never been the same, he never had the pace to be a fullback.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Chambers has never looked as comfortable as Holding has from what I remember. Chambers talent was apparent but the conviction wasn't there. He seemed unsure more than sure of himself from what I recall. He also was moved around to multiple positions and asked to take on multiple responsibilities compared to Holding so that could also be a part of it. Believe he was a RB, CB, and CDM for us(?).

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Certain that if Kos had made the mistakes Holding has recently he'd be slaughtered for 'always having an error in him'.

Thankful none of them have cost us yet.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Certain that if Kos had made the mistakes Holding has recently he'd be slaughtered for 'always having an error in him'.

Holding is only 21 and this is his first season in the EPL. He should have way more errors in him than he currently does.

He already has fewer errors than Gabriel.

GDeep™

League is very weak

What sort of post is this?

Yeah because Kos is experienced and has a reputation for a **** up.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Holding is only 21 and this is his first season in the EPL. He should have way more errors in him than he currently does.

He already has fewer errors than Gabriel.

Doesn't mean they should be overlooked. This is why half the fourm goes into meltdown when a player's form dips.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The errors Holding makes will lessen as he gets more experience, it's a good thing that there hasn't been a good deal made about them. Fans slaughtering players will NEVER benefit the player especially if it's a young player, you have to let them make mistakes like this and learn from them. He's still very young for a CB but has already shown a lot of maturity and that he's got massive potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom