• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Roma vs Arsenal match ratings

Kraig

Established Member
manu - 8 - some important stops and did well in the shoot out

sagna - 6 - got skinned by vucinic regularly but a cool pen stops him getting a 5
gallas - 5 - very very poor
toure - 6 - bit more assured than gallas but only just
clichy - 4 - where was he? a doormat for roma

eboue - 5 - didnt do anything either way to influence. invisible
diaby - 5 - horrible passing, only gets a 5 for tackling well. not arsenal quality
denilson - 5 - usual performance from him. sloppy.
nasri - 5 - didnt seem to know his role and it showed. invisible and then sloppy.
bendtner - 7 - our only threatening player from the first 11. played out of position but caused problems

rvp - 2 - his worst ever performance for arsenal. honestly hoped he'd pick up a slight knock to get him off asap. good pen but thats a tiny silver lining.

walcott - 6 - direct and caused problems. didnt see enough of the ball
eduardo - 5 - couldnt get involved in the game and missed a pen. he'll be better for the QF

wenger - 2 - just awful. took too long to bring about change an dplayed for pens once we went one down. must improve.

nazo

Established Member
1's all the way through. i'm dead serious.

almunia gets a 9.

sagna was at his worst.
gallas and toure were clearly at fault for the goal.
clichy was at his worst until extra time.

-nasri was anonymous and i didn't know he was playing until the 40th minute.
-eboue was meh, but actually did some good things. too bad his pass to bendtner was terrible
-denilson lost the ball 301 times.
-diaby won the ball 301 times but gave it away 1.5 seconds later.
-bendtner ran at them but lost the ball eventually. he was ineffective.

-robin: worst performance in an arsenal shirt.

-theo: electric but did nothing.
-eduardo: bad miss with the pen but could do nothing too.

Kain

Established Member
Probably already being said somewhere in the match thread but i'll take a **** performance and the penalty wins anyday. I will say Almunia - 10 MOTM :D !!!

qs

Established Member
I'm not even going to put myself though this. Everyone was terrible bar Al. Full points to the penalty takers though, it took bottle and they showed it. Fair ****s to them.

giuliob

Almunia - 7.5 Suppose this sounds harsh, but he needs to be more agile on PKs, otherwise he saved our sorry hides
Sagna - 5.5 - Maybe Sagna chasing after Vucinic did cause him to miss the PK
Gallas - 5.5
Touré - 6 Showed me something with the PK
Clichy - 3.5 Where is the Gael of old?
Eboue - 5 Pretty average performance
Diaby - 5.5 Thought he had a decent game
Denilson - 5 - Sloppy passing; was closely marked and took a pounding; another cool customer with the PK
Nasri - 5.5 The entire midfield looked like it didn't have a plan; he did show some spark
Bendtner - 7 Was the one player who showed he had a spring in his step, especially in the 1st half when the team looked so bad; He needs schooling though with this technical skills
Rvp - 4 Sub par performance; Hope he remembers this
Walcott - 5 Not enough delivery to him; even Al should have heaved the ball his way; good experience to take the PK
Eduardo - 5 So so...Disappointing actually

The PK squad did a fine job apart from Eduardo's miss...That was the only pleasant surprise of the game.....

No.8_Wright

Blonde Haired Warrior 8 - Some great stops, did nothing wrong except for a couple of poor clearances but showed he is a quality goalkeeper.

Sagna 6 - Scored his penalty and was our best defender
Gallas 5 - Rubbish
Touré 6 - At fault for the goal with Gallas but scored pen so gets one more
Clichy 4 - Terrible and has been for a while, needs to improve

Eboue - 6 Didn't do anything wrong but nothing right either but for Eboue that's not bad
Diaby 8 MOTM - I thought he was one of the players who can take heart from his performance and keep his head high, won numerous ball for us, nice touches. If he can improve his passing he will be a great midfielder for us. Glad he scored his pen as well.
Denilson 6 - Battled and made some decent passing but needs to be more positionally aware as they were running at our defenders too often
Nasri 4 - Rubbish game, did nothing, got into space and wasted it by trying too much, needs to just play it easy when we need the ball.
Bendtner 8 - Our best player in the first half, didn't have the time to influence the second, should have been RVP off instead of him.

RVP 1 - He's been great this season but did not turn up tonight. Didn't get much service but always took the wrong option.

Walcott 6 - Decent and direct
Eduardo 5 - Couldn't do anything

Wenger 3 - Should have brought on Eduardo for Van Persie and played him upfront with Bendtner towards the end. I know Van Persie has been our best player so far this season but he wasn't at the races today and needed to be changed. Playing Eddie behind RVP was a useless exercise.

lagos

Established Member
Almunia 7

Sagna 5
clichy 4

Gallas 5
Toure 5

Diaby 5
Denilson 4
Nasri 4
Eboue 5

Walcott 4
Eduardo 4
RVP 3
Bendtner 3

Ladyluck 10

Wenger 0 the guy is to tactically binept it's shocking, He said in pre match Roma would not afford us space and time, that they would close us down, he knew but he had no answers beyong the usual fresh legs at 75 minutes

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Al gets a 9
Diaby at least showed flashes and converted his peno, so he gets a 7
Everyone who converted their peno gets a 5.5
Eduardo gets a 5
Clichy gets a 3

We were terrible.

But we're through.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Almunia: 9 - Great ****ing keeper. Can we finally agree on that now?

Sagna: 5 - Worst game this year. Constantly skinned by Vucinic.

Touré: 7 - If not for him they'd have scored a couple of goals when Vucinic got past Sagna. Great attitude.

Gallas: 5 - What a stupid place to drop a ball when you're a centreback and the team is on the counter. Just like Touré he gets -2 for his part in their goal. Otherwise he was okay.

Clichy: 5 - Not very good today but he constantly did something to outweigh most of the negatives I thought. Didn't get much help from Nasri or Diaby.

Eboue: 6 - Not as bad as some ineviteably will suggest. No match winning qualities but he was contributing with most of our aggression and pace for as long as he was on the field.

Denilson: 7 - I don't care. I don't care what you say. It's not normal at that age and in a game like this to step up to the penalty spot, place the ball on the spot, smile and then run-up and roll it into the middle of the goal. There are loads of things you could criticise him for in this game but what a ****ing mountain he is mentally.

Diaby: 6 - Solid performance. Still dribbles to much without getting anywhere and does it to the point where it's stupid sometimes.

Nasri: 5.5 - Not the best of games. Didn't get much help from Bendtner either though.

Bendtner: 4 - I don't know what people saw in him today. Every single time he touched the ball he chosed the wrong option. He constantly dribbled when he should've passed, passed when there was no one to pass the ball to and lost it every time he tried something. He ran a lot though, but running a lot doesn't mean that you're good. It just means that you're clueless at what you're doing. Best attitude on the field, worst end product ever.

van Persie: 3 - Would've gotten a 2 if he'd missed that penalty. What a absolutely catastrophic performance. He needs to recope badly.

Walcott: 5 - Never got into the game but that's not his fault. He should've been brought on at half-time already. I simlpy don't understand why we played the game like this. We should've tried to turn it around before extra time.

Eduardo: 5 - Same as Walcott.

Wenger: 2 - Not today. It would've been inexcusable to lose this game the way it looked like we were about to do. Just inexcusable. No team in the world would play Bendtner ahead of Eduardo, it really is that simple. Not a single ****ing team. Not even the danish national team.

qs

Established Member
No.8_Wright said:
Diaby 8 MOTM - I thought he was one of the players who can take heart from his performance and keep his head high, won numerous ball for us, nice touches. If he can improve his passing he will be a great midfielder for us. Glad he scored his pen as well.

Good lord.

Raider

Established Member
manu - 5

sagna - 6
gallas - 5
Touré - 6
clichy - 4

eboue - 4
diaby - 5
denilson 6
nasri - 6
bendtner -6

rvp - 1

walcott - 6
eduardo - 5

wenger - 2 Awful tactics.

If we had come up against a decent keeper, we'd be out.

Overall happyness at the moment - 9

Take a step back, and a score over the whole match? - 3 Poor.

No.8_Wright

qs said:
No.8_Wright said:

Good lord.

Haha didn't think many would follow my point of view and fair enough but I thought he was very good tonight on an otherwise frustrating evening.

Kraig

Established Member
lagos said:
Almunia 7

Sagna 5
clichy 4

Gallas 4
Touré 4

Diaby 4
Denilson 4
Nasri 4
Eboue 5

Walcott 4
Eduardo 4
RVP 3
Bendtner 3

Ladyluck 10

thats a joke. bendtner was nowhere near the worst player on the pitch. infact he was easily one of the best. in my eyes THE best. im all for opinion but you clearly saw the wrong game!

nazo

Established Member
i meant that while trying to do something useful, he was electric; however, he failed every time.

lagos

Established Member
Denilson said:
If we had come up against a decent keeper, we'd be out.

If we had come up against a decent team, we'd be out. I don't know why people are getting excited over who we draw in the next round

godfather

Almunia 9 MOTM

Sagna 5
Gallas 6
Touré 6
clichy 5

Diaby 7
Denilson 6
Nasri 5.5
Eboue 6
Bendtner 6

RVP 5

sub: Walcott 5
Eduardo 5

TomasCR

Established Member
Harsh, harsh, you guys are horrible.

Everyone 10. (Couldn´t care less about Gallas and Toure who did **** all with the goal, Nasri, who seemed to create absolutely nothing and RvP who is starting to piss me off!)

As long as we are actually there, well done to the lads.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom