• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Roman Weidenfeller

Jameel46

Established Member
Arsenal are being linked with a possible move for Lehamnn's replacement at Borussia Dortmund, Roman Weidenfeller to replace Lehmann at Arsenal
<a class="postlink" href="http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=435588&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=&title=WENGER+LINKED+TO+WEIDENFELLER" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... IDENFELLER</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mostarac

Established Member
I think Sammer knows quite a bit about him. Have seen him play a couple of times for Dortmund, and my impression of him is that he seems like an solid goalkeeper.

kooldawg

Established Member
What happened to Buffon :p

And it appears that Amelia is available as well. I'd rather we push for either of the two Italians and leave Roman as a last resort.

Linson

Whatever happens one thing is clear to me - Almunia has a long way to go before he reaches the standard the past Arsenal goalkeepers have set. We have a rich history of having fine GK and I dont see why we should settle for second best.
Dont get me wrong I have a lot of respect for Almunia, his commitment is great and his reactions are the best Ive ever seen, but his positioning, command of area, catching leave a lot to be desired.
We have a lot of goalkeepers linked to us at the moment and I'm sure we can do a lot worse than the German National GK (correct me if I'm wrong) after Lehmann.

Jameel46

Established Member
all i want to know is how good is this guy, he's 26 so he should have a decent amount of experience, says he colud be called up to the national team in the future, he replaced Lehmann at Dortmund but is he good enough to replace Lehmann at Arsenal?

Sammer

Established Member
Mostarac said:
I think Sammer knows quite a bit about him. Have seen him play a couple of times for Dortmund, and my impression of him is that he seems like an solid goalkeeper.

He is a good goalkeeper for sure, but I rate Robert Enke from Hannover higher than Weidenfeller, although Weidenfeller would probably suit the EPL quite well.

I wouldn´t make much of this story, although I would not be suprised if Wenger would go for another German keeper, as there are quite a few quality keepers around that would not cost too much.

Still, I don´t see Lehmann joining Seville, if he gets another year at Arsenal. He got three kids, two of them in school and they have perfectly adapted to life in London. One more year at Arsenal - then the EURO 2008, and then retirement (as a goalkeeper).

Jameel46

Established Member
what about tha keeper from Stuttgart, isn't he the natural successor to Lehmann spot as Germany's no.1, i forgot his name but isn't he better

KY

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
what about tha keeper from Stuttgart, isn't he the natural successor to Lehmann spot as Germany's no.1, i forgot his name but isn't he better

Timo Hildebrand. Stuttgart hasn't been doing too well and i supposed he's being dragged down along with them. His performances not noted anymore since two or three years ago when he broke kahn's record of the longest time without conceding a goal.

Mostarac

Established Member
KY said:
Stuttgart hasn't been doing too well

I think they are doing pretty well this season, mate. They are 3rd in the Bundesliga right now just a few points behind leaders Werder if I remember correctly.

Goalkeeper

Roman seems like a pretty good goalkeeper. He's got great positioning, and can adjust his body well to, as well as being good at getting down. Not too sure about his catching ability though.

Jameel46

Established Member
Bayern Munich want to snap up Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann when his contract expires in the summer. (Sunday Express)

funny that, this wouldn't make sense, they probably would want a GK younger than 30 to replace Kahn, no point getting a keeper that will probably retire the same time as Kahn, although, Lehmann is in good shape, but still can't see this happening

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Re: Roman Weidenfeller. 26. GK.

Jameel46 said:
weidenfeller_roman.jpg

Arsenal are being linked with a possible move for Lehamnn's replacement at Borussia Dortmund, Roman Weidenfeller to replace Lehmann at Arsenal
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... IDENFELLER

He looks just like an actor/celeb or something but I can't figure out who

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom