• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Roman Weidenfeller

nidza7

Established Member
Celtic goalkeeper Artur Boruc's agent says the Pole will not seek a January move to the Premiership, but could be tempted by a move to Arsenal next season. (The Herald)

Jameel46

Established Member
nidza7 said:
Celtic goalkeeper Artur Boruc's agent says the Pole will not seek a January move to the Premiership, but could be tempted by a move to Arsenal next season. (The Herald)

:D Artur Boruc is a keeper i rate extremely highly, would be great to have him at Arsenal next season, we'll have the Poland no. 1 Boruc and Man Utd will have the Poland no. 2 Kuszczak (spelling?), those Poles seem to have some very good GKs. and i heard that Akinfeev was interested aswell which is another good sign, Wiedenfeller is pobably a good, solid keeper but i'd take Akinfeev or Boruc over him any day

siddharth

nidza7 said:
Though it is agent talk , it's encouraging to hear such things. If the interest is true then it's great primarily for the reason that wenger is looking at quality keepers to replace lehmann. But still i'd prefer akinfeev or gordan over boruc .

asajoseph

Established Member
For me, Hildebrand's a decent keeper, but he's never really lived up to the expectations that people had of him after his record unbeaten run...

Jameel46

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
Bayern Munich want to snap up Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann when his contract expires in the summer. (Sunday Express)

funny that, this wouldn't make sense, they probably would want a GK younger than 30 to replace Kahn, no point getting a keeper that will probably retire the same time as Kahn, although, Lehmann is in good shape, but still can't see this happening

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx ... oId=194754
.................................................................................................................

anyway after being linked to Boruc and Akinfeev i'd be bit dissappointed if we end up with Wiedenfeller or Hildebrand

nidza7

Established Member
I guess theres too much fuss about nothing,we`ll see Jens getting one year contract imo.

Arsenal_FAN1983

I think this is the right time to let Lehmann go. The world cup has past, he was at his best last season to try and hold off for a world cup 1st team spot, he has done that and now I think we should be looking for a new keeper. If he accepts a one year deal wenger will be happy to have him, but seeing as Lehmann will probably insist 2, he will be off in January or in the summer.

nidza7

Established Member
No January,no way.It means we`ll have to get goalkeeper whos not cup tied.And the team who eventually buys Jens in January cant count on him in CL.
So i guess we`ll see him here at least till the summer.I`d like we get a new keeper,but thats might not what Arsène thinks.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
You can't really say no to Hildebrand on a free transfer, can you? Ultimately Akinfeev would be my preferance to replace Jens, but I wouldn't complain if we got Boruc or Hildebrand instead. The fact that Akinfeev would be the most expensive option probably makes him the least likely to join us.

Sammer

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Also lots of people on this forum would have been over the moon if we had signed Hildebrand a year or two ago.

Well it seems that he is joining Valencia now.

Strong reports yesterday in the German press. So no Hildebrand, which is fine with me. He hasn´t reached his top form for 1 1/2 years now.

asajoseph

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
You can't really say no to Hildebrand on a free transfer, can you? Ultimately Akinfeev would be my preferance to replace Jens, but I wouldn't complain if we got Boruc or Hildebrand instead. The fact that Akinfeev would be the most expensive option probably makes him the least likely to join us.

Well, you have to keep in mind that signing Hildebrand would also mean not signing, say, Akinfeev or Amelia or anyone else you might want - Hildebrand may be a good keeper, and a free transfer might be very tempting, but if he's not the best keeper we could get we're not doing what's best for us on the field. It's what we accountants call opportunity cost ;) So personally, I'd rather spend a little money (and it shouldn't be an enormous amount) and get a marginally better keeper, than take the option of signing a lesser keeper for less money.

Anyhow, as Sammer and I have already said, Hildebrand has not become the keeper he looked like he was going to be the sesaons Stuttgart did so well in the Bundesliga and Champions League. He's good, but he's not really that good any more.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom